[DOWNLOAD IT HERE]
[USDA Forest Service] – The draft Environmental Assessment for the San Gabriel Mountains National Monument Plan is now available for review. This draft EA is an amendment to the existing Angeles National Forest Land Management Plan, analyzing two alternatives in detail including a “no action” alternative.
The 60-day comment period began Aug. 19, 2016, when the document was published (as specified in 36 CFR 219. 16) and will run through Oct. 17, 2016. This extended comment period is over and above the requi red 30 days to make sure those who are’ interested in this action will have adequate ti me to participate in public meetings, share their concerns and make comments before a final decision is made.
The project area is commonly known as the ‘San Gabriel Mountai ns National Monument’ which covers 346, 177 acres and is located i n the northern and southeastern portions of the San Gabriel Mountain Range, approximatel y 30 miles northeast of Los Angeles. The Forest Service proposes to change some existing management direction i n the existing Forest Land Management Plan to be consistent with the Presidential Proclamation which established the Monument. Once we decide to amend the Forest Plan as proposed or make adjustments based on public comment, the final decision will be issued.
Copies are available [here], and printed copies are available upon request. Please contact Justin Seastrand by phone at (626) 574-5278 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information, or to request hard copies. Please submit your electronic comments through the project webpage above. Written comments should be mailed to:
Angeles National Forest
San Gabriel Mountains National Monument
Justin Seastrand, Environmental Coordinator
70 I North Santa Anita Avenue Arcadia, CA 91006
or by facsimile to (626) 574-5235
Public Engagement Opportunities:
* September 10, 1-3 pm, Webinar – Register at: http://bit.ly/monumentwebinar
* September 14, 3-8 pm, Pico House, 430 N Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
* September 15, 4-8 pm, The Centre, 20880 Centre Pointe Pkwy., Santa Clarita, CA 91350
* September 17, 10 am -2 pm, ANF Headquarters, 701 N. Santa Anita Avenue Arcadia, CA 91006
* October 4, 3:30-7:30 pm, Big Pines Lodge, Angeles Crest Highway (HWY 2) Wrightwood, CA 92397 Thank you for your interest and participation in the environmental analysis process.