Santa Clarita’s Princess Cruises has unveiled designs and announced key features of Majestic Princess, the newest and most luxurious ship in the global fleet. Departing April 4, Majestic Princess will sail on her inaugural voyage, a five-day Adriatic Sea cruise round-trip from Rome with stops in Kotor and Corfu.
Following her maiden cruise, Majestic Princess will tour Europe, offering guests a chance to experience the ship on 7, 14, 21 and 28 day cruises departing from Rome, Barcelona or Athens. A repositioning voyage will depart Barcelona on May 14, 2017, visiting Dubai and Singapore before arriving in Shanghai, her new home. Majestic Princess will begin her first cruise from its home-port in Shanghai on July 11, 2017, carrying 3,560 guests to a variety of destinations in Japan and Korea.
“Over the past 50 years, we have developed a mastery of global travel, delivering a truly international cruise vacation experience to our guests,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “With the debut of Majestic Princess, first in Europe and then in China, we invite guests to indulge in a world-class experience that allows them to completely relax, unwind and ultimately ‘come back new.’”
Majestic Princess, a sister cruise ship to Regal Princess and Royal Princess, will offer its guests a variety of enticing features and experiences, including:
Global Cuisine – Exceptional culinary offerings are a pillar of the Princess guest experience, designed and executed by masterfully trained chefs from France, Italy, the United States, Australia, China and Japan, among others. They create memorable dining experiences inspired by the more than 360 exotic ports of call visited by the line annually. This is why Princess Cruises has been named “Best Cruise Line for Food Lovers” by Food & Wine Magazine.
Popular culinary offerings from sister ships Royal Princess and Regal Princess will be aboard Majestic Princess including:
* The exclusive Chef’s Table Lumiere, a unique and engaging dining experience personally hosted by our Princess Executive Chef which includes a private galley tour and a multicourse dinner served at a grand custom-designed table where guests are surrounded by a glimmering curtain of light.
* The award-winning Crown Grill & Bar, an American steakhouse,preparing top-quality cuts of beef, chops and seafood in an open-kitchen served in a classically elegant restaurant setting.
* Alfredo’s, named after Princess Cruises’ award-winning Master Chef Alfredo Marzi, offers a selection of classic Italian and signature Neapolitan-style pizzas (voted “Best Pizza at Sea”), along with baked pasta dishes and specialty appetizers and desserts.
Two new specialty restaurants will be introduced onboard Majestic Princess. They include:
* Harmony, created in partnership with Chef Richard Chen formerly of Wynn Las Vegas “Wing Lei” (the first Chinese restaurant in North America awarded a Michelin star). Harmony will feature haute Chinese cuisine paired with pristine ocean views and modern décor, serving Chef Chen’s interpretation of classic Cantonese dishes.
* Le Bistrot, located in the lively atrium, offers casual French home-style dining with a modern twist. Harkening back to an authentic Parisian bistrot, guests will enjoy traditional Escargots Casseroles, Braised Ox Tongue and Mushroom Ragout, along with baquettes, tartines, tourtes and French Patisseries.
To top it off, there will also be a wide selection of all-day gastronomy in the World Fresh Marketplace (Horizon Court buffet on other ships), where guests can taste flavors from diverse food stations around the world ranging from Mediterranean dishes, a pasta specialty counter, colorful farmer’s market salads and fresh fruits and a new “East Meets West” street food specialty counter. The Bakery inside the World Fresh Marketplace will serve Western, European and Asian pastries and Danishes.
Modern & Stylish Cruise Ship Design – Influenced by fashion, art and history, the interior designs of Majestic Princess present a sophisticated and stylish visual experience representative of traveling the world. Exquisite designs use metal, glass and inlaid wood through-out to welcome guests who appreciate the elegance and glamour of premium cruising. European marble, mosaic tile floors, polished woods and sumptuous fabrics are featured onboard the ship. Plush custom-designed carpets in the guest corridors feature floral motifs that represent an Asian-inspired beauty and grace. Hand tufted area rugs also mirror floral motifs located at the entrances to the main dining rooms.
Modern & Stylish Stateroom Design – More than 80 percent of Majestic Princess’ staterooms include a private balcony. All staterooms feature the new Princess Luxury bed, featuring a custom-made mattress developed by Dr. Michael Breus, the board-certified sleep expert recognized as “The Sleep Doctor.” The bed also includes luxury linens designed by Candice Olson, the Canadian design-star of the hit HGTV shows “Candice Tells All” and “Divine Design.” The superb bedding system is exclusively designed for the Princess SLEEP program.
World-Class Entertainment – The first two shows to be seen on Majestic Princess will be “Fiera” and “Fantastic Journey” both have been met with enthusiastic acclaim by international audiences across the Princess fleet. These musical shows feature a world-class cast of singers and dancers along with some of the most elaborate production numbers, costumes and advanced multimedia stage technology ever produced at sea. It also features Movies Under the Stars on the largest outdoor screen at sea, as well as Water Color Fantasy, a cruise industry first presenting a dazzling water and light show at sea.
Onboard Experience – Onboard Majestic Princess, guests will also experience the signature SeaWalk, the industry’s first glass floor walkway at sea, and SeaView Bar featuring “flair” bartending with the best views at sea. The Piazza Atrium, the central focal point of the ship features live entertainment throughout the day and evening. It is a grand spectacle surrounded by The Shops of Princess, nearly 1,100 square meters of luxury boutiques which include designer brand shops from Cartier, Bvlgari and Chopard, leather goods from Burberry and Gucci, along with watches by these luxury brands as well as Montblanc, Longines, Rado and Tissot to name a few.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel consultant, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237), or by visiting the company’s website at princess.com.