Ten men and two women have been indicted for their alleged role in a residential burglary ring that encompassed Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Ventura and Orange counties, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Tuesday.
A total of four indictments naming the 12 defendants were unsealed Monday in Department 100 of the Foltz Criminal Justice Center. The defendants, all alleged members or associates of the East Coast Crips, pleaded not guilty to the charges. They are due back on Sept. 1 for a pretrial conference.
The indictments link the defendants to 37 residential burglaries and three attempted residential burglaries. In some cases, homeowners were present during the alleged burglaries, prosecutors said. The burglars are suspected of ransacking houses looking for jewelry, gold, money, and safes, prosecutors added.
The assigned prosecutor is Deputy District Attorney Mark Inaba of the Organized Crime Division.
All four cases include dozens of felony counts that include charges of conspiracy to commit residential burglary, burglary and attempted burglary.
Case BA443820 consists of 40 felony counts. Indicted are:
* Lamor Arnett aka Nucy Wacc (dob 8/12/82) of Los Angeles.
* Tavon Moore aka Young Wacc (dob 1/23/91) of Inglewood.
* Richard McKay aka Richie Rich (dob 7/20/91) of Gardena.
Case BA443822 consists of 40 felony counts. The indicted are:
* Valerie Acosta (dob 4/24/90) of Compton.
* Erica Whitson aka V-Baby (dob 10/20/91) of Los Angeles.
* Mark Hundley aka P.K. (dob 7/10/86) of Carson.
* Jerome Grigsby (dob 4/1/88) of Inglewood.
* Rayshaun Marshall aka Baby D. Rocc (dob 7/15/95) of Los Angeles.
Case BA443823 includes 39 felony counts. The defendants indicted are:
* Carlton Bruton aka Tiny Chill (dob 9/28/92) of Los Angeles.
* Talford Brown aka TC (dob 5/24/68) of Long Beach.
Case BA443824 has 39 felony counts. The defendants are:
* Andrew Lopez aka Migo aka Drew (dob 1/17/90) of Montebello.
* Ruben Alaniz (dob 6/6/91) of Montebello.
The case is being investigated by the Torrance Police Department in conjunction with law enforcement agencies in Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Los Angeles counties.