The city of Santa Clarita is seeking self-nominations for the position of the fifth member for its five-member Manufactured Home Rental Adjustment Panel.
The deadline for application is Sept. 30, 2016 at 5 p.m.
The current Panel has reached the end of their term and an election is being conducted to fill the park resident representative and park owner representative seats. The fifth Panel member seat must also be filled. All Panel member seats have a three-year term which starts when they are sworn in.
Desired qualifications and prohibitions for the fifth Panel member include:
• Experience sitting on other elected or appointed panels or boards, working with community groups is desirable, but not mandatory.
• Cannot be a resident of a Manufactured Home Park.
• Cannot have an ownership interest in a Manufactured Home Park.
• Cannot receive financial benefit from investment in a Manufactured Home Park.
• Should have no personal or professional involvement in matters relating to Manufactured Home Parks.
Panel responsibilities include:
• Attending Panel meetings on an as-needed basis – held at City Hall in the evenings.
• Evaluating staff reports and supporting documentation, listening to testimony, and making determinations based on the facts, requirements, and limitations of Chapter 6.02.
• Following the Panel Rules and Regulations including maintaining impartiality as a member of the Panel hearing a rent appeal.
The time commitment required to fulfill Panel responsibilities can be significant when appeals are being heard. Rent appeals are typically heard from the end of November to the end of March but can go later into the year. There is no stipend or other remuneration for participation on the Panel.
To be considered for the position, interested residents should submit the Self-Nomination form, which is available at City Hall, a cover letter outlining their qualifications, and a resume. The self-nomination period ends on September 30, 2016 at 5pm. Application packages may be mailed or submitted in person to the City of Santa Clarita, City Clerk’s Office, 23920 Valencia Boulevard, Suite 120, Santa Clarita, CA 91355. Application packages must be present at City Hall by 5pm on September 30, 2016 or they may not be accepted.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 661-255-4390.