Canyon Country (East) Crime Report for the week of 09/11/16- 09/17/16
Burglary-16200 block of Pineview Road
An unknown suspect entered the victim’s unlocked home and stole two computers and a necklace.
Petty Theft-18000 block of Soledad Canyon Road
An unknown suspect stole a garden hose that was attached to the victim’s home.
Vehicle Theft-17900 block of Oriole Court
An unknown suspect stole the victim’s 2000 White Ford E-250 van.
Vehicle Theft-Jakes Way/Eleanor Circle, Cyn
An unknown suspect stole the victim’s 2001 White Ford E-350 van.
Dude, where’s my car?
You better watch out. Fifty percent of all vehicles stolen in California are taken from Southern California. In 2015, 180,000 vehicles were stolen in California statewide. We are not just talking about cars; vehicle theft includes, motorcycles, trucks, SUV’s, commercial trucks, recreational vehicles and trailers. The value of the loss to California residents is estimated to be at $1 billion.
Here are some simple reminders on how you can protect your vehicle. Remember, there’s no such thing as an unwanted car, even the oldest car on the road can be a target!
• Always take your keys and don’t leave them in your vehicle
• Close your windows and lock your doors
• Park your vehicle in well-lit areas
• Never walk away from your vehicle while it is running
• Park your vehicle in your garage, if possible
• Utilize various anti-theft devices
• Never leave valuables in your vehicle, especially in plain site
If you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance where your vehicle has been stolen, follow these steps when you contact your local police department:
• Give them your license plate number
• The make, model and color of the car
Deputy Luis Cabrera
661-255-1121 X 4283
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Twitter @SCVSheriff – http://www.twitter.com/scvsheriff
SCV Station Homepage – http://www.santaclarita.lasd.org
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SantaClaritaValleySheriffsStation