Canyon Country (East) Crime Report for the Week of November 14, 2016 – November 20, 2016
Crime Information and Public Safety Report for Canyon Country-East (Zone 8): Week of November 14th- November 20th
Petty Theft-19300 block of Golden Valley Road
The informant saw the suspect, whom was carrying a black bag, select numerous items and proceed to a fitting room. The suspect exited the fitting room not carrying the items, but her black bag was noticeably bulkier. The suspect proceeded to the exit, stopped at the register where she made a purchase, but did not make an attempt to pay for the items in her bag. The suspect was detained outside the store by the informant. The suspect was arrested/cited.
Vehicle Theft-27100 block of Silver Oak Lane
An unknown suspect stole the victim’s 1995 gray Honda Civic from the location.
Grand Theft-27300 block of Sierra Highway
An unknown person entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole U.S. currency. The vehicle was parked in the carport of the residence.
Assault with a Deadly Weapon-Gilbert Drive/Terri Drive
The suspect and victim are in the middle of a divorce. On the indicated date, the suspect sped her vehicle towards the victim. The victim had to swerve out of the way to avoid being hit. The suspect and her brother left the location.
Petty Theft- 8100 block of Kelly Johnson Parkway
The victim left his backpack unattended. After a few minutes, he noticed the front pouch of the bag was open and his iPhone was gone.
Petty Theft-27900 block of Sarabande Lane
The victim watched surveillance video footage of his neighbor stealing his welcome mat. The victim placed the suspect under private citizen’s arrest when deputies arrived.
Vehicle Theft- 19100 block of Golden Valley Road
Two unknown suspects stole the victim’s 1993 Honda Del Sol from the parking lot at location.
Vehicle Theft- 30500 block of Jasmine Valley Drive
An unknown suspect stole the victim’s 2001 Kia Spectra from the location.
Shopping in Stores
* Save all receipts. Print and save all confirmations from your online purchases. Start a file folder to keep all receipts together and to help you verify credit card or bank statements as they come in.
* Don’t flash the cash. Consider alternate options to pay for your merchandise, such as onetime or multiuse disposable credit cards or money orders, including at online stores.
* Wait until asked by a cashier before taking out your credit card or checkbook. An enterprising thief would love to shoulder surf to get your account information.
Walking to and From Your Car
* Deter pickpockets. Carry your purse close to your body or your wallet inside a coat or front trouser pocket.
* Have your keys in hand when approaching your vehicle. Check the back seat and around the car before getting in.
Deputy Luis Cabrera
661-255-1121 X 4283
FW by: Shirley Miller, Public Information Officer
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Twitter @SCVSheriff http://www.twitter.com/scvsheriff
SCV Station Homepage – http://www.santaclarita.lasd.org
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SantaClaritaValleySheriffsStation