SCVNews.com | Builder Selling New Homes in Plum Canyon | 04-21-2017
Sunny
Sunny

July 21
2009 - Castaic resident Gidget, the Taco Bell commercial Chihuahua, dies at 15 after major stroke [story]

Toll Brothers, American’s Luxury Home Builder, announces the sales center opening of Toll Brothers at Plum Canyon in Santa Clarita this Saturday, April 22. Buyers can take advantage of pre-model sales pricing from the $600,000s. Toll Brothers at Plum Canyon is an exclusive, new luxury home community located in the foothills of the Sierra Pelona Mountains featuring two home collections, the Mirabelle and Avalon.

Mirabelle features three home designs ranging from an estimated 2,700 to 3,000 sq. ft. with four to five bedrooms, up to four bathrooms, and integrated indoor-outdoor living spaces on large home sites, presenting more room for entertainment and relaxation with family and friends. The Avalon collection offers three larger home designs ranging from an estimated 3,100 to 3,500 sq. ft. with five to six bedrooms, up to five bathrooms and three-car garages on sizeable home sites.

Representing Toll Brothers’ recognizable designs and quality craftsmanship, the Mirabelle and Avalon Collections each offers contemporary floor plans with a select number featuring mountain vistas. Community amenities include a pool, spa and wading pool, plus a future eight-acre park. The park includes a multipurpose field, tot lot, ball courts, and hiking and biking trails. Residents of Toll Brothers at Plum Canyon will additionally benefit from low property taxes, no Mello-Roos and low HOA fees.

Toll Brothers at Plum Canyon is located in the award-winning Saugus Union School District and William S. Hart Union High School District. Homeowners are conveniently near dining, shopping and entertainment centers with quick access to I-5 and CA-14. The Plum Canyon Sales Center is located at 19120 Lauren Lane in Santa Clarita, and is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For Plum Canyon sales information and directions, call 661-249-4085 or visit plumcanyonliving.com.

1. Mike Kent Mike Kent says:

Too many houses! Was too many even back in 2004.

2. Yes… because we need MORE people… 😠

3. Linda Durst Linda Durst says:

there was a rumor that land was cursed because of some kind of indian grounds that were there, or something like that?

4. Yay! More houses, people and traffic. Said no one ever.

5. El Rey El Rey says:

Good ol SCV making money literally the only way they can. Real estate.

6. That’s great thanks for more traffic, idiots

7. Where is the water coming from to support all these people?!
    More traffic, more signals, more crime! Ugh!😡

8. At least they are still planning to make the park but like we really need more housing developments?

9. Kevin White Kevin White says:

For years I’ve heard AND read the stories about the battle back there. Look up Signal archives.

10. Do we truly need more luxury developments when there are so many people who have no home at all? When we are so casual about “needing” ever more?

11. Just what we need more people, NOT!

12. Kurt Buck Kurt Buck says:

Just what SCV needs! More people dying of old age, starvation, dehydration, and inhalation of diesel exhaust at traffic signals!!!

13. It’s a beautiful town and I guess that we have to share. Yes, too much traffic and too many signs. Take a deep breath people and slow down and enjoy life…..

14. No HOA! No Mello-Roos! Oh, lots of rattlers up there too! xo

15. Brian Durand Brian Durand says:

$600,000’s hahhahahhaahah

16. I’d probably have the same feelings if I lived there. But I am one who wants to move to this area and make a better life for myself. Probably just as all of you above wanted to move to SCV a while ago to make a better life for yourselves. So, the lineage continues. People want a better life… that’s not a crime. Can’t have it here in the SFV. If I could, I would. I know you all like the way things are or have been, but consider there are some really good people who want to be your neighbor. Some of these people are policemen, therapists, teachers, counselors, grocers, friends, and family. Good people who will make your city better. Hope that’s food for thought for you all. If I can make this happen, I will be your neighbor sometime next year and pick up trash, call in graffiti when I see it, report crime, decorate my home for the holidays, and attend neighborhood meetings. Positive things, just like you all brought in when you or your family moved to Santa Clarita.

• Buy existing homes that are up for sale. There are plenty available.

• Yea but the crime has moved here. Moved here 23 years ago to escape SFV. Now it’s like the valley. Just a warning.

• Trust me. SCV has it made compared to the SFV as far as crime goes. It’s horrible here, with things happening every night. That’s why I need to get away. My parents live in Valencia and it’s a haven compared to Northridge.

• Read the local news. Scary stuff.

• I live in Burbank now and it’s more like the SCV I remember in the 80’s than the SCV of today.

• Jason, you should look around moms neighborhood for something established and updated. Potentially lesser property, county & city taxes and NO HOA, NO Mello-Roos too!

• David Graham David Graham says:

That’s a over exaggeration Kathy. Santa Clarita is still totally safe

• Tony Follett Tony Follett says:

All the reasons for why I came here and stayed disappeared a long time ago. This build it is adding insult to injury

• Luis Aguilar Luis Aguilar says:

Scv is overcrowded and the crime is getting worse. You can tell by how often things happen. Make a better life, but like they said, there are plenty of homes available. Unless you live in little TJ, u can find nice parts of northridge! Im born and raised in Pacoima so I know a thing or two about bad hoods!

• No not safe. Not anymore. Shootings, purse snatching, nope I won’t go out shopping at night anymore.

• You will be happy here. You are one among hundreds of thousands who are retreating from the Valley. The Valley is now inhabiting the SCV. With those who are moving from “the Valley”, the crime follows. You will be fine. You will be safe (if you keep your eyes open).
      You will find relief… for a little while.
      It isn’t a Utopia or Nirvana. It isn’t Awesometown.
      It is just like every other crime infested town in Greater Los Angeles. I honestly wish you well.

• Wil Navarro Wil Navarro says:

Agree David Graham. Lol. There’s things that happen even 5, 10, 20 yrs ago. Social media and Internet just throws it in our face without searching for it.

Don’t look at the crime map that’s available online. Kathy Bullock. You’ll even be more paranoid than you already are.

• Evan Lamas Evan Lamas says:

Jason, This is not about wanting or not wanting new neighbors. It is about the ability of the city to support the extra population. Currently in SCV, we don’t have enough utilities like water, or enough law enforcement available. The roads are so congested during rush hour that it is unsafe, the travel time unreasonable. our schools are overcrowded. We would love more growth, but the city planners and the developers need to consider that they need to provide more than just homes to support the extra population, or this city will become unlivable.

• We moved there in 1969, before freeways! Used to be a great place to live, but the crime rate is climbing. I don’t feel safe going out at night anymore.

• I understand the complaint about overcrowdedness. But those who want to move and live in SCV are usually the good people trying to escape the bad from other cities. Its tough … where are these people supposed to go without paying an arm and a leg? The only nice parts of Northridge cost nearly a million dollars for the same thing going in at Plum. Its not an option. Its a hard situation for all and I do sympathize with your side of concern. I agree SCV needs to upgrade and expand the infrastructure if new homes are built.

• Yes Steve Dardarian, Im considering your moms area too…

• Jon Capi Jon Capi says:

Buy one of the thousands of luxury hones already vacant in the city. Why do hundreds more need to be built.

17. Just what we need. More traffic.

18. Chris Taylor Chris Taylor says:

The reason i left….all wrong. The city planners killed this city

19. And the traffic here is terrible. Very few main streets. It’s a mess.

20. Jackie Hicks Jackie Hicks says:

AnthonyandApril Vernon

21. Maria Torres Maria Torres says:

@ Joey Torres check this out!

22. Sally Mehr Sally Mehr says:

More traffic and no more roads, getting out of control…

23. Ugh!!!!!!! Is right Nancy Patrick

24. Rocky Arthur Rocky Arthur says:

My street is already a goddamn freeway from the last development up there !!

25. Dina Magdy Dina Magdy says:

Lina Kamel check this out

26. Jayme Aliano Jayme Aliano says:

SCV doesn’t need any more pretentious residents. Keep the open spaces open!

27. … just my personal experience. Moved to SCV from L.A. In 1984. The changes were rapid and not all great. In 1994 I personally witnessed a murderer leaving the scene of the crime (and had to identify and testify against him). That was down the street from my North Valencia home (where home values were at a premium). A year or so later, down the street… a woman in a fit of vengeance killed all but one of her children using natural gas before she lit her house on fire. Home values were on the rise. We had gangs and home invasions and prostitution and major drug deaths, sales… I would say that by the time I left, forever, the SCV wasn’t too far behind the Valley. Name a crime and you can find it here too. The cost of living is high and the property values are deceptively high. Murder is murder and it happens in the SCV too (and gang violence and drug crimes and deaths).

28. Karen Harris Karen Harris says:

STOP building houses.😡

29. But still no King Taco… but still no AMC 20 Theater …

30. Why?!! 😡 This is the last thing we need!!

31. Bart Joseph Bart Joseph says:

This dilutes the market for existing homeowners. Stop approving these developments please

32. Its so sad that they are building so houses the beauty of our place and forgot about nature. Is it going to be Santa Clarita Valley or Santa Clarita City???

33. We don’t need more people here

34. No joke. This city is busting at the seams

35. There goes the water😥😥😥

36. So sad SCV is like the friggin valley now !!! Glad I moved 😡

37. Oh that’s fantastic. I love sitting red lights for 2 1/2 hours.

38. Kim Lamas Kim Lamas says:

STOP!!!!! We only have one main artery out of this city. How many more people do you want to plug it up with. The city is gonna have a damn heart attack. When we moved out here, you couldn’t hear traffic after 7 maybe 8pm, you could see a million stars now I hear police helicopters and it takes me at least an hour to get home.

39. That’s what Santa Clarita needs….more houses

40. Nada Quinn Nada Quinn says:

And the new freeway goes in when?

41. I grew up there, i hate how the population boomed. It was way better when everything was just corn fields and shallot fields.

42. NO
    NEW
    NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!
    😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

43. STOP
    DESTROYING OUR OPEN SPACE AND GORGEOUS HILLSIDES!

44. Just what we need! More houses,traffic is awful & this just makes it worse!They’ve ruined our valley all for money!

45. Ron Tavalaro Ron Tavalaro says:

Time to move to Palmdale plenty a room now

46. I am so angry. When will they stop building? There’s too much traffic, not enough water, and the list goes on. I’ve been here since 1966…. please – just stop building.

47. That’s why I moved to Acton from Valencia… so peaceful…

48. STOP BUILDING ALREADY!!

49. Sean McGee Sean McGee says:

So they alarmed us that California was in a major drought and for usto cut our water usage yet they kept building and building and building and building…………Condos on top condos and 10 floor apartments. Not to mention a 2 billion dollar stadium when we have the oldest water mains in the world which are breaking apart…..I dont get it!

50. Sean McGee Sean McGee says:

It’s like a plague!

51. Patty Ann Patty Ann says:

They can’t build in the SFV, no room. I’m sure these homes will be built on small lots with houses so close you can hand your neighbor toilet paper if they were stranded on the bowl from your own bathroom.

52. Kevin Kirk Kevin Kirk says:

Valerie Vallejos buying one??

53. Too much traffic already!!! Stop building!

54. Eric Guest Eric Guest says:

Just what santa clarita needs, more damn people. Smh

55. God, that is an ugly picture.

56. Say hello to more traffic, congestion and destruction of our good cities and good-bye to living in a safe, clean community. It’s time for people to stop moving to our area.

57. More million dollar homes…perfect! I’m sure the HOA and Mella Roos won’t be cheap either. Would be nice if they built more homes for the middle class instead of more luxury homes.

58. Chet Collom Chet Collom says:

a real estate person says…more houses ..more sales..yeh!!!..S

59. More building !stop already!we are supposed to conserve water,power,for what?

60. STOP THE MADNESSSSSSS~!!!!

61. richard says:

Lets face it the good old days are over with.

62. SCVPunk says:

Nothing new here. This has been on the books since the mid-80s.

63. Good thing all of us conserved water during the water shortage, just think how bad it is going to be next time! And there will be a next time.

64. TRAVIS says:

I agree with everyone’s comments and I’m glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t want this town bigger than it already is.But where were all of you for the town/city hall meetings? I know I was the only one that had the balls enough to speak out. I brought up how our streets & Freeways are over crowded. Crime, murder, rape are on a rise. Our city streets are like race tracks. Many people have been killed our crosswalks. I also brought up how our town used to be quiet after the sun went down and now all we hear are sirens. I was asked to leave the meeting, I guess they couldn’t handle the truth about what they’ve turned this town into. But in encourage everyone to speak out , not just on here but at city meetings. It was easy for them to kick me out due to I was the only one but a much larger group would be a little bit harder.

• SCVNews.com says:

Excellent point. The vast majority of community members who spoke at the public meetings (Planning Commission, City Council hearings) favored the development project because of the new Senior Center and YMCA that it will provide. Opponents obviously can’t be heard if they’re not there to voice their opinions.

• TRAVIS says:

Thank you for posting my comment. I literally copy and pasted the same paragraph from when I wrote it on The Signals page and I got an email back stating I’ve been banned from their site LOL must be the same people that asked me to leave the City hall meeting.

LOCAL BUSINESS LINKS

Waste Connections, Inc.63.93  chart -0.25%
Whole Foods Market, Inc.41.71  chart -0.12%
Waste Management, Inc.75.37  chart +0.49%
Wal-mart Stores, Inc.76.15  chart +0.17%
Woodward, Inc.68.55  chart -1.25%
CURRENCY CONVERTER

Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, two children are still in critical condition after yesterday's rollover crash. Plus, deputies arrested an underage DUI suspect whose vehicle smashed into a traffic signal after a collision in Canyon Country. Watch these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Friday, July 21, 2017
A second child has died and two other children are in critical condition after a rollover crash on the 14 freeway near Acton Thursday morning killed an infant, CHP officials said.
Second Child Dies, 2 Still Critical after Acton Crash
World-renowned artist John Moffitt will headline the ARTree's Speaker Series with a talk at The MAIN on Main Street in Old Town Newhall on Thursday, July 27 starting at 7 p.m.
July 27: John Moffitt Headlines ARTree Speaker Series
Registration is now open for the ARTree Community Arts Center's fall children's art sampler class, which begins September 22 at the center in Newhall.
July 25: Fall ARTree Children’s Art Class Registration Opens
The 21st annual "Heart of the West" fundraiser for the non-profit Carousel Ranch horse therapy program for children will take place at the ranch on Saturday, August 26 starting at 6 p.m.
August 26: ‘Heart of the West’ to Benefit Carousel Ranch
The California State Transportation Agency and the Department of Transportation today announced the fast tracking of “fix it first” construction work and increased road repairs across the state.
State Transportation Leaders Expedite Millions in SB 1 Road Repairs
Registration has begun for the fall 2017 semester at College of the Canyons, which offers more than 1,900 class sections in a wide range of academic subjects and career education disciplines.
COC Fall 2017 Registration Under Way
Former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca has been denied bond pending the appeal of his conviction for obstructing a federal investigation into county jails.
Ex-L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca Denied Bond Ahead of Conviction Appeal
The number of reported Valley Fever infections in Los Angeles County increased by 37 percent in 2016 compared to 2015, according to a news release from the county Department of Public Health.
Valley Fever Cases Up 37 Percent in L.A. County
A multi-vehicle collision in Canyon Country led deputies to arrest an underage DUI suspect who also crashed into a traffic signal around 5:30 a.m. Friday.
20-Year-Old Arrested on Suspicion of DUI After Canyon Country Crash
New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Mary Alice Monroe will guest at an author event at Barnes & Noble in Valencia on Monday, July 31, at 7 p.m.
July 31: Best-Selling Author Mary Alice Monroe at Barnes & Noble
Congressman Brad Sherman (D-San Fernando Valley) blasted SoCalGas for weak safety standards as the company resumes injections of natural gas into the Aliso Canyon Storage Facility adjacent to the Santa Clarita Valley.
Sherman Rips SoCalGas for Weak Safety Standards at Aliso Canyon
The Los Angeles Dodgers, who have the best record in major league baseball, had their 11-game winning streak snapped by the Atlanta Braves 6-3 at Dodger Stadium Thursday night in the first game of a 10-game homestand.
Red-Hot Dodgers Drop First Contest in 10-Game Homestand
World-traveled rock-R&B-funk band Teresa James & the Rhythm Tramps returns to headline the free Valencia Jazz & Blues concert on the street outside the Hyatt Regency Valencia tonight starting at 7 p.m.
July 21: Teresa James & Rhythm Tramps at Valencia Jazz & Blues
California voters would decide the future of legal sports betting in the Golden State under a constitutional amendment introduced Thursday by a state lawmaker.
California Lawmaker Backs Referendum on Legalizing Sports Betting
The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station is urging SCV residents to be on the lookout for a suspect wanted in connection with a felony hit and run collision in Lancaster on Tuesday.
Wanted: Suspect in Felony Hit & Run
Mylz Jones and Roberto Ramos each went deep for the JetHawks, but the Lake Elsinore Storm hit three homers of their own and took the series opener 8-4 on Thursday night at The Hangar.
Jones, Ramos Homer in 8-4 Loss to Storm Thursday
California state officials have cleared the way for resumption at reduced capacity in the next few weeks of natural gas pumping into the underground Aliso Canyon facility
Aliso Canyon Gas Field to Reopen, But Fight Still On
Three children and one adult from Los Angeles were airlifted from the 14 freeway in Acton Thursday morning after a fatal solo-vehicle rollover crash.
Infant Killed, Four Injured in Early-Morning Acton Crash
Air quality will be unhealthy for sensitive individuals in the Santa Clarita Valley on Friday, according to an AQMD alert.
Updated: SCV Air Quality Unhealthy Friday
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, a Los Angeles woman is one of four hurt in a fatal crash in Acton Thursday morning. Plus, several streets in the city will be impacted for road rehab through next Friday. Watch these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Thursday, July 20, 2017
The City of Santa Clarita is in need of volunteers for a pair of events taking place in August at the Aquatic Center, located at 20850 Centre Pointe Parkway. Space is still available for those wishing to assist at the Swim League Finals on August 5 and the LA84 Swim & Synchro Festival on August 12, 2017.
Volunteers Needed for Upcoming Aquatic Center Events
As Los Angeles County prepares for the procurement and manufacturing stage of its nationally-recognized Voting Systems Assessment Project (VSAP), Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk Dean Logan is focusing resources on election security.
County Prepares for Updated Voting System
Every summer, novice and veteran interpreters and interpreting students gather for one week to learn about professional development, and to participate in workshops that build their skills.
CSUN Student to Host Workshop for Interpreters
Residents in Santa Clarita can soon enroll in a number of specialized classes, recreational sports, youth programming and more for the fall season.
July 25: Start of Fall Seasons Online Registration
Castaic residents heard from county planners Wednesday at the Castaic Area Town Council meeting, with a focus on solutions for concerns about the Hillcrest Parkway landscape.
Castaic Residents Voice Concerns Over Hillcrest Parkway Maintenance
After being featured in the “KHTS Adopt a Pet” series last month, a then 10-week-old kitten named Faith has found her forever home. But before she can truly get her “happily ever after,” Faith needs surgery to correct a medical problem that is already causing damage to her eyes.
GoFundMe Page Started for Former ‘KHTS Adopt a Pet’ Kitten
From Aug. 5-9, this year's graduates from CalArts' Programs in Art, Art and Technology and Photography and Media present work in Clothing Optional at Night Gallery in Los Angeles, with an opening reception on Aug. 5.
Exhibit to Feature Works by Recent CalARTS’ Graduates
Join us at this month's breakfast for networking and an update by our State Senator Scott Wilk on the progress of water district consolidation and the impact his bill, SB 634, will have on the Santa Clarita Valley.
Aug. 9: Update on Water District Consolidation at Chamber Breakfast
California State University, Northridge and Southwestern Law School have joined forces to bring a clinic to the CSUN campus in fall 2017.
Legal Clinic For Undocumented Students Comes to CSUN This Fall
Sheriff’s Homicide detectives are investigating a dead body reported at Sierra Highway and Remsen street.
Possible Suicide in Newhall; Investigation Ongoing
Legislation was introduced Wednesday by Representative Steve Knight (CA-25) the Securely Expediting Clearances through Reporting Transparency (SECRET) Act, H.R. 3210, passed the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
Knight Bill on Security Clearances Passes House Committee
A decades-old effort to restore water and salmon to California’s second largest river is on the chopping block under a proposal by House Republicans to speed up dam projects and increase diversions to farmers.
GROW Act Moves to Senate
Much of the dramatic decline of the yellow-billed cuckoo in California has been directly attributed to breeding habitat loss and degradation from lands being converted to agricultural and other urban uses.
Western Yellow-Billed Cuckoos