SCVNews.com | Builder Selling New Homes in Plum Canyon | 04-21-2017
Sunny
Sunny

May 27
1971 - Community preview night (pre-grand opening), Magic Mountain [story]

Toll Brothers, American’s Luxury Home Builder, announces the sales center opening of Toll Brothers at Plum Canyon in Santa Clarita this Saturday, April 22. Buyers can take advantage of pre-model sales pricing from the $600,000s. Toll Brothers at Plum Canyon is an exclusive, new luxury home community located in the foothills of the Sierra Pelona Mountains featuring two home collections, the Mirabelle and Avalon.

Mirabelle features three home designs ranging from an estimated 2,700 to 3,000 sq. ft. with four to five bedrooms, up to four bathrooms, and integrated indoor-outdoor living spaces on large home sites, presenting more room for entertainment and relaxation with family and friends. The Avalon collection offers three larger home designs ranging from an estimated 3,100 to 3,500 sq. ft. with five to six bedrooms, up to five bathrooms and three-car garages on sizeable home sites.

Representing Toll Brothers’ recognizable designs and quality craftsmanship, the Mirabelle and Avalon Collections each offers contemporary floor plans with a select number featuring mountain vistas. Community amenities include a pool, spa and wading pool, plus a future eight-acre park. The park includes a multipurpose field, tot lot, ball courts, and hiking and biking trails. Residents of Toll Brothers at Plum Canyon will additionally benefit from low property taxes, no Mello-Roos and low HOA fees.

Toll Brothers at Plum Canyon is located in the award-winning Saugus Union School District and William S. Hart Union High School District. Homeowners are conveniently near dining, shopping and entertainment centers with quick access to I-5 and CA-14. The Plum Canyon Sales Center is located at 19120 Lauren Lane in Santa Clarita, and is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For Plum Canyon sales information and directions, call 661-249-4085 or visit plumcanyonliving.com.

1. Mike Kent Mike Kent says:

Too many houses! Was too many even back in 2004.

2. Yes… because we need MORE people… 😠

3. Linda Durst Linda Durst says:

there was a rumor that land was cursed because of some kind of indian grounds that were there, or something like that?

4. Yay! More houses, people and traffic. Said no one ever.

5. El Rey El Rey says:

Good ol SCV making money literally the only way they can. Real estate.

6. That’s great thanks for more traffic, idiots

7. Where is the water coming from to support all these people?!
    More traffic, more signals, more crime! Ugh!😡

8. At least they are still planning to make the park but like we really need more housing developments?

9. Kevin White Kevin White says:

For years I’ve heard AND read the stories about the battle back there. Look up Signal archives.

10. Do we truly need more luxury developments when there are so many people who have no home at all? When we are so casual about “needing” ever more?

11. Just what we need more people, NOT!

12. Kurt Buck Kurt Buck says:

Just what SCV needs! More people dying of old age, starvation, dehydration, and inhalation of diesel exhaust at traffic signals!!!

13. It’s a beautiful town and I guess that we have to share. Yes, too much traffic and too many signs. Take a deep breath people and slow down and enjoy life…..

14. No HOA! No Mello-Roos! Oh, lots of rattlers up there too! xo

15. Brian Durand Brian Durand says:

$600,000’s hahhahahhaahah

16. I’d probably have the same feelings if I lived there. But I am one who wants to move to this area and make a better life for myself. Probably just as all of you above wanted to move to SCV a while ago to make a better life for yourselves. So, the lineage continues. People want a better life… that’s not a crime. Can’t have it here in the SFV. If I could, I would. I know you all like the way things are or have been, but consider there are some really good people who want to be your neighbor. Some of these people are policemen, therapists, teachers, counselors, grocers, friends, and family. Good people who will make your city better. Hope that’s food for thought for you all. If I can make this happen, I will be your neighbor sometime next year and pick up trash, call in graffiti when I see it, report crime, decorate my home for the holidays, and attend neighborhood meetings. Positive things, just like you all brought in when you or your family moved to Santa Clarita.

• Buy existing homes that are up for sale. There are plenty available.

• Yea but the crime has moved here. Moved here 23 years ago to escape SFV. Now it’s like the valley. Just a warning.

• Trust me. SCV has it made compared to the SFV as far as crime goes. It’s horrible here, with things happening every night. That’s why I need to get away. My parents live in Valencia and it’s a haven compared to Northridge.

• Read the local news. Scary stuff.

• I live in Burbank now and it’s more like the SCV I remember in the 80’s than the SCV of today.

• Jason, you should look around moms neighborhood for something established and updated. Potentially lesser property, county & city taxes and NO HOA, NO Mello-Roos too!

• David Graham David Graham says:

That’s a over exaggeration Kathy. Santa Clarita is still totally safe

• Tony Follett Tony Follett says:

All the reasons for why I came here and stayed disappeared a long time ago. This build it is adding insult to injury

• Luis Aguilar Luis Aguilar says:

Scv is overcrowded and the crime is getting worse. You can tell by how often things happen. Make a better life, but like they said, there are plenty of homes available. Unless you live in little TJ, u can find nice parts of northridge! Im born and raised in Pacoima so I know a thing or two about bad hoods!

• No not safe. Not anymore. Shootings, purse snatching, nope I won’t go out shopping at night anymore.

• You will be happy here. You are one among hundreds of thousands who are retreating from the Valley. The Valley is now inhabiting the SCV. With those who are moving from “the Valley”, the crime follows. You will be fine. You will be safe (if you keep your eyes open).
      You will find relief… for a little while.
      It isn’t a Utopia or Nirvana. It isn’t Awesometown.
      It is just like every other crime infested town in Greater Los Angeles. I honestly wish you well.

• Wil Navarro Wil Navarro says:

Agree David Graham. Lol. There’s things that happen even 5, 10, 20 yrs ago. Social media and Internet just throws it in our face without searching for it.

Don’t look at the crime map that’s available online. Kathy Bullock. You’ll even be more paranoid than you already are.

• Evan Lamas Evan Lamas says:

Jason, This is not about wanting or not wanting new neighbors. It is about the ability of the city to support the extra population. Currently in SCV, we don’t have enough utilities like water, or enough law enforcement available. The roads are so congested during rush hour that it is unsafe, the travel time unreasonable. our schools are overcrowded. We would love more growth, but the city planners and the developers need to consider that they need to provide more than just homes to support the extra population, or this city will become unlivable.

• We moved there in 1969, before freeways! Used to be a great place to live, but the crime rate is climbing. I don’t feel safe going out at night anymore.

• I understand the complaint about overcrowdedness. But those who want to move and live in SCV are usually the good people trying to escape the bad from other cities. Its tough … where are these people supposed to go without paying an arm and a leg? The only nice parts of Northridge cost nearly a million dollars for the same thing going in at Plum. Its not an option. Its a hard situation for all and I do sympathize with your side of concern. I agree SCV needs to upgrade and expand the infrastructure if new homes are built.

• Yes Steve Dardarian, Im considering your moms area too…

• Jon Capi Jon Capi says:

Buy one of the thousands of luxury hones already vacant in the city. Why do hundreds more need to be built.

17. Just what we need. More traffic.

18. Chris Taylor Chris Taylor says:

The reason i left….all wrong. The city planners killed this city

19. And the traffic here is terrible. Very few main streets. It’s a mess.

20. Jackie Hicks Jackie Hicks says:

AnthonyandApril Vernon

21. Maria Torres Maria Torres says:

@ Joey Torres check this out!

22. Sally Mehr Sally Mehr says:

More traffic and no more roads, getting out of control…

23. Ugh!!!!!!! Is right Nancy Patrick

24. Rocky Arthur Rocky Arthur says:

My street is already a goddamn freeway from the last development up there !!

25. Dina Magdy Dina Magdy says:

Lina Kamel check this out

26. Jayme Aliano Jayme Aliano says:

SCV doesn’t need any more pretentious residents. Keep the open spaces open!

27. … just my personal experience. Moved to SCV from L.A. In 1984. The changes were rapid and not all great. In 1994 I personally witnessed a murderer leaving the scene of the crime (and had to identify and testify against him). That was down the street from my North Valencia home (where home values were at a premium). A year or so later, down the street… a woman in a fit of vengeance killed all but one of her children using natural gas before she lit her house on fire. Home values were on the rise. We had gangs and home invasions and prostitution and major drug deaths, sales… I would say that by the time I left, forever, the SCV wasn’t too far behind the Valley. Name a crime and you can find it here too. The cost of living is high and the property values are deceptively high. Murder is murder and it happens in the SCV too (and gang violence and drug crimes and deaths).

28. Karen Harris Karen Harris says:

STOP building houses.😡

29. But still no King Taco… but still no AMC 20 Theater …

30. Why?!! 😡 This is the last thing we need!!

31. Bart Joseph Bart Joseph says:

This dilutes the market for existing homeowners. Stop approving these developments please

32. Its so sad that they are building so houses the beauty of our place and forgot about nature. Is it going to be Santa Clarita Valley or Santa Clarita City???

33. We don’t need more people here

34. No joke. This city is busting at the seams

35. There goes the water😥😥😥

36. So sad SCV is like the friggin valley now !!! Glad I moved 😡

37. Oh that’s fantastic. I love sitting red lights for 2 1/2 hours.

38. Kim Lamas Kim Lamas says:

STOP!!!!! We only have one main artery out of this city. How many more people do you want to plug it up with. The city is gonna have a damn heart attack. When we moved out here, you couldn’t hear traffic after 7 maybe 8pm, you could see a million stars now I hear police helicopters and it takes me at least an hour to get home.

39. That’s what Santa Clarita needs….more houses

40. Nada Quinn Nada Quinn says:

And the new freeway goes in when?

41. I grew up there, i hate how the population boomed. It was way better when everything was just corn fields and shallot fields.

42. NO
    NEW
    NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!
    😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

43. STOP
    DESTROYING OUR OPEN SPACE AND GORGEOUS HILLSIDES!

44. Just what we need! More houses,traffic is awful & this just makes it worse!They’ve ruined our valley all for money!

45. Ron Tavalaro Ron Tavalaro says:

Time to move to Palmdale plenty a room now

46. I am so angry. When will they stop building? There’s too much traffic, not enough water, and the list goes on. I’ve been here since 1966…. please – just stop building.

47. That’s why I moved to Acton from Valencia… so peaceful…

48. STOP BUILDING ALREADY!!

49. Sean McGee Sean McGee says:

So they alarmed us that California was in a major drought and for usto cut our water usage yet they kept building and building and building and building…………Condos on top condos and 10 floor apartments. Not to mention a 2 billion dollar stadium when we have the oldest water mains in the world which are breaking apart…..I dont get it!

50. Sean McGee Sean McGee says:

It’s like a plague!

51. Patty Ann Patty Ann says:

They can’t build in the SFV, no room. I’m sure these homes will be built on small lots with houses so close you can hand your neighbor toilet paper if they were stranded on the bowl from your own bathroom.

52. Kevin Kirk Kevin Kirk says:

Valerie Vallejos buying one??

53. Too much traffic already!!! Stop building!

54. Eric Guest Eric Guest says:

Just what santa clarita needs, more damn people. Smh

55. God, that is an ugly picture.

56. Say hello to more traffic, congestion and destruction of our good cities and good-bye to living in a safe, clean community. It’s time for people to stop moving to our area.

57. More million dollar homes…perfect! I’m sure the HOA and Mella Roos won’t be cheap either. Would be nice if they built more homes for the middle class instead of more luxury homes.

58. Chet Collom Chet Collom says:

a real estate person says…more houses ..more sales..yeh!!!..S

59. More building !stop already!we are supposed to conserve water,power,for what?

60. STOP THE MADNESSSSSSS~!!!!

61. richard says:

Lets face it the good old days are over with.

62. SCVPunk says:

Nothing new here. This has been on the books since the mid-80s.

63. Good thing all of us conserved water during the water shortage, just think how bad it is going to be next time! And there will be a next time.

64. TRAVIS says:

I agree with everyone’s comments and I’m glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t want this town bigger than it already is.But where were all of you for the town/city hall meetings? I know I was the only one that had the balls enough to speak out. I brought up how our streets & Freeways are over crowded. Crime, murder, rape are on a rise. Our city streets are like race tracks. Many people have been killed our crosswalks. I also brought up how our town used to be quiet after the sun went down and now all we hear are sirens. I was asked to leave the meeting, I guess they couldn’t handle the truth about what they’ve turned this town into. But in encourage everyone to speak out , not just on here but at city meetings. It was easy for them to kick me out due to I was the only one but a much larger group would be a little bit harder.

• SCVNews.com says:

Excellent point. The vast majority of community members who spoke at the public meetings (Planning Commission, City Council hearings) favored the development project because of the new Senior Center and YMCA that it will provide. Opponents obviously can’t be heard if they’re not there to voice their opinions.

• TRAVIS says:

Thank you for posting my comment. I literally copy and pasted the same paragraph from when I wrote it on The Signals page and I got an email back stating I’ve been banned from their site LOL must be the same people that asked me to leave the City hall meeting.

LOCAL BUSINESS LINKS

Whole Foods Market, Inc.35.12  chart -0.57%
Waste Management, Inc.71.84  chart +0.38%
Wal-mart Stores, Inc.78.13  chart -0.23%
Woodward, Inc.68.29  chart -0.47%
CURRENCY CONVERTER

1971 - Community preview night (pre-grand opening), Magic Mountain [story]
West Ranch High School dedicated their new Wall of Honor on Friday, which was produced by four West Ranch High School ASB students.
West Ranch High School Unveils Wall of Honor
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, the SCV Senior Center honored those who gave their life in service. Plus, SCVi students are building a "tiny house" for a homeless veteran. Watch these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Friday, May 26, 2017
Fourth and fifth graders at Santa Clarita Valley International School are asking for the community’s assistance over Memorial Day weekend with fundraising for a “tiny house” they are building for a homeless veteran.
SCVi Students Raising Funds for Tiny House for Homeless Vet
Plambeck's objective, plain and simple, has always been about stopping development by any means possible. Her strategy involves multiple delay tactics, the worst being groundless litigation.
Chicken Little, Part 2 | Commentary by Dan Masnada
The city of Santa Clarita’s Thursdays@Newhall series, presented by Galpin Subaru, roars into June with a unique lineup of events including a classic Volkswagen car show, James Bond-themed SENSES Block Party and monthly variety show. Old Town Newhall is the hot spot on Thursday nights so grab your friends and family and come down for some fun.
Thursdays@Newhall June Lineup: Classic Volkswagen, James Bond, more
A feeling of delightful gratification for a mentor typically comes about when seeing a mentee develop and realize success. Their reward is in victories the students achieve, which are often seen as a measure of the instructor’s own success, positive influence and guidance. Such is the story of Dr. Luis S. Garcia and the Education Based Incarceration program.
Inmate Earns Doctoral Degree While in L.A. County Jail System
On Tuesday, April 25, 2017, Santa Clarita Valley Committee on Aging leadership convened at the future location of the new Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center and announced that only $2.3 million additional fundraising dollars needed to be raised before construction could begin on the Center.
New SCV Senior Center Waits on $2.3 Mil.
Peter Lambert tossed eight strong innings, but the San Jose Giants came from behind to knock off the JetHawks, 4-2, in the rubber game of the series on Thursday night at The Hangar.
San Jose Giants Beat JetHawks 4-2 Thursday
Ninety percent of people who suffer out-of-hospital cardiac arrests die. It takes 10 minutes or less to learn how to keep a cardiac arrest victim alive until paramedics arrive. The County of Los Angeles Emergency Medical Services Agency, the Los Angeles County Fire Department, and the American Heart Association are once again coordinating free hands-only CPR training on Sidewalk CPR Day, June 1, at over 50 sites across Los Angeles County to help improve cardiac survivability.
June 1: L.A. County Coordinates Sidewalk CPR Day
When Jeanny Olivares, 22, crosses the stage on Friday, June 2, for College of the Canyons’ Commencement, she will be receiving two associate degrees in marketing and accounting, which she earned in a year-and-a-half’s time.
COC Grad Earns Two Degrees While Facing Adversity
1907 - John Wayne born in Iowa; got start in movies filmed in Placerita Canyon [watch one]
The CLWA-NCWD merger is not a takeover, as Plambeck repeatedly insists. It is the product of months of discussion between two willing parties, which could be terminated at any time by either party or both parties.
Chicken Little, Part 1 | Commentary by Dan Masnada
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, deputies and volunteers trained for an active shooter situation at The Masters University Thursday morning. Plus, a girl is fighting for her life, leaving her family asking the community for blood donations to help her survive. Watch these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Thursday, May 25, 2017
Dr. Steven J. Golightly, Director of the Los Angeles County Child Support Services Department (CSSD), was recognized on May 22 for his Department’s innovative efforts to improve child support services for L.A. County residents and his zeal for developing future leaders for government service to the public.
County Child Support Services Director Receives Excellence in Government Award
Motown in Town is back on Sunday, June 25 from 5:00 to 10:30 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency Valencia.
June 25: Motown in Town 2 at the Hyatt
Hot on the heels of the original Silicon Valley and the more recently named Silicon Beach, the current buzz is all about the Silicon Suburb or Santa Clarita Valley.
Business Incubator Tenant Selected for Festival of Creativity in Cannes
Senator Scott Wilk, R- Antelope Valley, announces that Senate Bill (SB 792), a measure to establish an oversight commission for Los Angeles County Measure B trauma funding has cleared the Senate Appropriations Committee and is headed to the Senate floor for a vote.
Oversight of LA County Trauma Care Dollars Given Green Light
Princess Cruises has debuted its 2018-2019 Exotics program which will take guests to culturally rich and iconic cruise destinations around the globe.
Princess Cruises Debuts 2018-2019 Exotics Sailings
Senator Scott Wilk, R- Antelope Valley, announces that Senate Bills 634 (SB 634), a measure which would create a new water district in the Santa Clarita Valley, cleared the Senate Appropriations Committee and is headed to the Senate floor for consideration.
SCV Water Agency Merger Bill Clears Senate Panel
During a nighttime operation, SCV Sheriffs deputies and detectives made contact with several individuals which resulted in three arrests for warrants and narcotics related offenses.
SCV Sheriff’s Deputies, Detectives Conduct Nighttime Commercial Burglary Suppression
The Castaic Lake Water Agency Water Resources Committee is scheduled to meet on Thursday, June 1 at 5:30 p.m. at the Santa Clarita Water Division.
June 1: CLWA Water Resources Committee Meeting
In celebration of its 10th year anniversary, the College of the Canyons literary and arts magazine cul-de-sac will release its annual volume at a special reception on Friday, May 26, which will include readings from students.
May 26: COC Literary Magazine Celebrates a Decade of Artistry
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station deputies will be conducting a specialized Motorcycle Safety Enforcement Operation on May 27, 2017 in an effort to lower deaths and injuries.
May 27: SCV Sheriff’s Deputies Conducting Motorcycle Safety Enforcement Operation
The next New Heights panel will focus on "The Nuts and Bolts of Effective Grant Writing" and will be on July 12 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at The Centre.
July 12: New Heights Discusses Effective Grant Writing
The San Jose Giants rallied late and pulled away for an 11-7 victory over the Lancaster JetHawks in a back-and-forth game on Wednesday night at The Hangar.
JetHawks Fall to San Jose Giants
Wildflower lovers are split into two camps: One camp likes the purple color of the flowers, while the other quickly points out everything that's wrong with this non-native, invasive species.
The Prickly One
1966 - Mustang Drive-In theater opens on Soledad Canyon Road [story]
A Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) motorcyclist that collided with a truck on Interstate 5 in the early hours of Tuesday morning is recovering at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, a spokesman said.
LAPD Motorcyclist in “Serious” Condition after Tuesday’s I-5 Collision
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, an update on the LAPD motorcyclist that collided with a truck on the I-5 Tuesday morning. Plus, Castaic Middle School students get a glimpse at a career in animal training. Watch these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
An 8-year-old Santa Clarita girl is fighting for her life Wednesday, leaving her family asking the community for blood donations to help her survive.
8-Year-Old Girl in Need of Blood Donations
State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson on Tuesday urged Congress to reject President Trump’s federal education budget proposal, which includes deep cuts to teacher training, after school programs, mental health services, advanced coursework, and many other important programs.
State Superintendent Urges Congress to Reject Federal Education Budget Proposal
On May 16, 2017, the State Water Resources Quality Control Board approved an amendment to the Los Angeles Water Quality Control Plan (Basin Plan) to incorporate Salt and Nutrient Management Measures for the Upper Santa Clara River Basin.
Salt, Nutrient Management Measures Approved for Santa Clara River Basin
Valencia Water Company (VWC) is encouraging customers to maintain their water-saving achievements from the recent drought and take advantage of improved rebates, incentives, online workshops and other resources to secure permanent water efficiencies inside their homes and for their landscapes.
Valencia Water Company Expands Rebates to Help Home Water-Use Efficiencies
Bigger, better and wetter than ever, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is ready to keep Southern Californian’s cool all summer long. The water park opens for its 23rd season on Saturday, May 27 with over 23 unique slides and attractions for the entire family.
May 27: Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Splashes Into Summer
Princess Cruises, the world’s largest premium cruise line, and the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (Friendship Association) officially began Majestic Princess’ journey from Rome to China which will feature a cultural exchange program themed “Telling the Chinese Story along the Silk Road Sea Route.”
Majestic Princess Begins Journey to China Along the Silk Road Sea Route