Canyon Country East, Zone 8
Public Safety and Crime Prevention Information
Snapshot for 12/10/2012 – 12/16/2012.
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station Crime Prevention Unit
The following is a snapshot of Part-1 crimes reported last week.
Ten Part-1 crimes were reported in Zone 8 last week:
* 27000 Block of Sierra Hwy – Suspect choked victim during an argument. THE SUSPECT MH/27 was arrested without incident.
* 27000 Block of Palo Verde Place – Suspects pried open the locked door of the victim’s storage closet and took tools, a generator, men’s clothing, and propane tanks
* 27000 Block of Tyler Lane – Suspects forced open the victim’s garage door and stole items from his two vehicles and a mountain bike.
* 19000 Block of Golden Valley Road -Target- Suspects smashed the front door glass after hours to gain entry into the store. The suspects then smashed display cases in the electronics department and stole cameras and other items.
* Jakes Way X 14 Freeway – Suspect smashed the front passenger window of the victim’s vehicle. The car was ransacked but nothing was taken.
* 19000 Block of Golden Valley Road – Target – Suspect was detained by loss prevention office after he was seen breaking into vehicles in the parking lot. THE SUSPECT MH/19 was arrested without incident.
* 14000 Block of Grandifloras Road – Suspect gained access to a Time Warner Cable box and stole long life batteries. This crime trend has been occurring over the past several months throughout the valley. Anyone with information is being asked to contact the Sheriff’s department or you can send me an email.
* 19105 Block of Golden Valley Road – Target – Suspect entered the store and selected several items of clothing and alcohol and then walked out of the store without paying. THE SUSPECT FH/29 was arrested without incident.
Grand Theft Auto:
* Flynn Drive X Jason Drive – Suspect stole the victim’s 1994 Acura Integra which was parked on the street in front of the location.
* 14000 Daisy Meadow – Suspect stole the victim’s 1990 Jeep Wrangler from the street in front of the location.
Deputy Jeffrey S. Jackson
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
661-255-1121 ext. 5159
Twitter @SCVSheriff http://www.twitter.com/scvsheriff
SCV Station Homepage – http://www.santaclarita.lasd.org
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SantaClaritaValleySheriffsStation