U.S. Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon
U.S. Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon, R-Santa Clarita, is proud to announce that his office is now accepting submissions for the 2013 Congressional Art Competition. High school students (grades 9-12) who are residents of the California 25th District are encouraged to enter and share their creativity with the local community.
“I’ve been amazed by the remarkable talent that I have seen from our local students over the years for this competition,” said Congressman McKeon. “The winning submission is put on display in our Capitol tunnel for all to see when they come to visit and I always enjoy seeing the artwork displayed as I walk to the Capitol. I am looking forward to seeing this year’s entries.”
The winner of the CA 25th District competition will have their work displayed in the United States Capitol in June following the local exhibit and judging to be held on Thursday May 9, 2013 in Valencia, California. Please check back for updated information and please feel free to call 661-254-2111 if you have any questions.
General Guidelines for the 2013 Artwork:
* Artwork must be two-dimensional
* Each piece can be no larger than 28”x28”x4” – including the frame
* Artwork cannot weigh more than 15 lbs.
* Work entered must be in the original
* All work submitted must be framed or have reinforced backing and be ready to hang on the exhibition wall.
Acceptable media for submissions:
* Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor etc.
* Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
* Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
* Mixed Media: use of more than two medias such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
* Computer generated art