Mike Herrington is in his 25th year as the head coach of the Hart Indians.
The votes are in and Hart football head coach Mike Herrington finished eighth among eight coaches vying for the distinction of being named Best High School Football Coach in America.
The winner was Philip Haywood from Belfry High School in Belfry, Kentucky, with 1,529,789 votes.
Herrington had 35,763 votes cast for him, a far cry from the 180,332 votes he received when he was named the Best High School Football Coach in the Western United States last week.
The contest was put on by USA Today as part of their “best of” campaign. Hart High School will receive a banner from USA Today in recognition of Coach Herrington’s accomplishment.
1. Philip Haywood, Belfry HS, Belfry, KY
2. Kevin Lynott, Middletown HS, Middletown, MD
3. Jim Hoover, Walton HS, Walton, NY
4. Jim Hightower, St. Thomas More HS, Lafayette, LA
5. Rick Jones, Greenwood HS, Greenwood, AR
6. Marcus Boyles, Petal HS, Petal, MS
7. Jeff Van Leur, Bridgewater Emery Ethan, Emery, SD
8. Mike Herrington, Hart HS, Newhall, CA