[Child & Family Center] – The Alternatives Program is currently taking sign-ups for the 8-week Empowered Parent/Caregiver Support Group.
Our Parent/Caregiver Support Group provides education and support to help parents and caregivers understand issues that all teens struggle with, including substance use.
Even if your child has never used substances, learn how to prevent problems before they start.
English group is held on Wednesday evenings, 6:00-7:30pm, starting 11/20/13
at Child & Family Center, 21545 Centre Pointe Parkway
Group is open to all community members! No fee, just call ahead to reserve a space.
* Developmental stages and norms
* Strengthening family relationships
* Drug and alcohol education
* Managing at-risk behaviors that may lead to substance use
* Problem-solving teen issues
* Setting limits
* Monitoring/peer issues
* Open discussion of issues affecting parents/caregivers of teens
For more information, contact 661/259-9439
Phyllis Nadler, ext 3014, or Michele Brown, ext 3037
Community-based group in Spanish will begin in January, 2014