Stevenson Ranch / Westridge, Zone 3
Public Safety and Crime Prevention Info
Snapshot 11/18/2013 to 11/24/2013
During the above dates Zone 3 had four reported part one crimes. Here are some details regarding some of the reported incidents.
A burglary to a business was reported from the 27400 block of The Old Road. This incident occurred on Monday, November 18, 2013 at approximately 3:50am. It appeared the suspect(s) attempted to pry open a back door causing minor damage. A glass door on the south side of the building was found shattered, however nothing was reported stolen (ref -15792). This incident is still under investigation.
An attempt rape / spousal battery was reported from the 24900 block of Constitution Avenue. The victim’s boyfriend was arrested by Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Deputies (ref -16001).
A vehicle burglary was reported from 24900 Green Briar Drive. This incident occurred between 11/21/13 at 9:30pm and 11/22/13 at 8:00am (Thursday evening). The right front passenger window of the vehicle was shattered. A workout bag and shoes were stolen (ref -15972).
A petty theft was reported from the 27500 block of The Old Road. The victim left some of his property inside the restroom at the location and discovered it was stolen when he returned (ref -80070).
Remember during this holiday season:
– Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement. If you see something, say something.
– Practice patience! Long lines can lead to short tempers. Expect to encounter possibly frustrating delays on major shopping days.
– Never leave your purse, wallet, cell phone, or shopping cart unattended.
– Notify the credit card issuer immediately if your credit card is lost, stolen or misused.
– Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
– Commit random acts of kindness, and do whatever you know is right.
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Deputies will be on-duty and out in force throughout the holidays to help the residents we serve. Before going to holiday events and consuming alcohol, have a plan, and have a designated driver.
I hope you have a great week. Remember to keep those anonymous crime tips coming in. Call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or visit http://lacrimestoppers.org.
Deputy Josh Dubin
661-255-1121 EXT. 5159
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Twitter @SCVSheriff http://www.twitter.com/scvsheriff
SCV Station Homepage – http://www.santaclarita.lasd.org
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SantaClaritaValleySheriffsStation