Stevenson Ranch / Westridge, Zone 3
Public Safety and Crime Prevention Info
Snapshot 11/25/2013 to 12/01/2013
There were a total of five part one crimes reported in Zone 3 during the above dates. Here are some details regarding some of the crimes.
A crime that was described as a grand theft occurred on Magic Mountain Parkway. A backpack was stolen (ref -16138).
A shoplifting burglary was reported from the Walmart on The Old Road. This incident occurred on Friday, November 29th at approximately 1:50pm. Two juveniles were detained (ref -16197).
A petty theft was reported from the Walmart on The Old Road. This incident occurred on Saturday, November 30th at approximately 3:00pm. No one is in custody at this time (ref -16247).
A petty theft was reported from Walmart on The Old Road. A suspect was placed under arrest (ref -80112).
I wanted to share these crime prevention tips with you again.
Remember during this holiday season:
– Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement. If you see something, say something.
– Practice patience! Long lines can lead to short tempers. Expect to encounter possibly frustrating delays on major shopping days.
– Never leave your purse, wallet, cell phone, or shopping cart unattended.
– Notify the credit card issuer immediately if your credit card is lost, stolen or misused.
– Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
– Commit random acts of kindness, and do whatever you know is right! :)
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Deputies will be on-duty and out in force throughout the holidays to help the residents we serve. Before going to holiday events and consuming alcohol, have a plan, and have a designated driver.
I hope you have a great week. Remember to keep those anonymous crime tips coming in. Call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or visit http://lacrimestoppers.org.
Deputy Josh Dubin
661-255-1121 EXT. 5159
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Twitter @SCVSheriff http://www.twitter.com/scvsheriff
SCV Station Homepage – http://www.santaclarita.lasd.org
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SantaClaritaValleySheriffsStation