Valencia, Zone 5
Public Safety and Crime Prevention Information
Snapshot for the week of 12/22/2014 to 12/28/2014
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station Crime Prevention Unit
Not a lot going on this past week, with nothing major to report. I want to take this time to wish everyone a Happy New Years and a safe New Years. Please do not drink and drive, and always use a designated driver. Until next year have a great rest of the holiday season, and I’m looking forward to making next year even better than the last.
Here a few important tips to remember this New Year’s eve.
While law enforcement, in partnership with the community, local businesses and the media, has made an impact on reducing indiscriminate gunfire, the problem persists. The men and women of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department are once again asking the community to celebrate the New Year safely and responsibly. Don’t fire guns in the air. Remember what goes up, will come down, and when a bullet comes down it is traveling at a fatal velocity.
* Shooting a gun into the air is a felony. You will spend up to one year in prison if you are caught.
* If you’re arrested for shooting a gun into the air, you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
* If a stray bullet from your gun should kill someone, you will be arrested and charged with murder.
* People involved in celebrating the holidays by shooting their guns do not realize the danger posed by their actions.
* A bullet fired into the air can climb up to two miles. When it falls back to earth, it can reach a speed of 300 to 700 feet per second.
* If you ever see someone fire a gun into the air, call the police.
* Celebrate the holidays safely and responsibly. Don’t fire guns into the air.
REMEMBER, WHAT GOES UP WILL COME DOWN.
As always please feel free to call me or email me.
Deputy Brian Heischuber
661-255-1121 EXT. 5164
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Twitter @SCVSheriff http://www.twitter.com/scvsheriff
Twitter @jdLASD http://www.twitter.com/jdLASD
SCV Station Homepage – http://www.santaclarita.lasd.org
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SantaClaritaValleySheriffsStation