Stevenson Ranch-West Valencia, Zone 3
Public Safety and Crime Prevention Information for the Week of 08/10/15 – 08/16/2015
A grand theft occurred on the 25300 block of Silver Aspen Wy. Person(s) unknown went into the victim’s vehicle and stole her portable GPS, cell phone, 3 social security cards belonging to the victim’s family, and numerous other items.The victim was not sure if she locked her vehicle.
A grand theft occurred on the 23300 block of Clifton Pl. Person(s) unknown stole the catalytic converter from the victim’s Toyota Sequoia.
A grand theft auto occurred on the 24900 block of Pico Cyn Rd. Person(s) unknown stole the informant’s U-Haul rental, a Ford E450 box truck.
A burglary occurred on the 25400 block of The Old Rd. A white male adult exited the store with numerous items he did not pay for. The suspect admitted to entering the store with the intent to steal items. He was arrested for burglary (shoplifting).
A burglary occurred on the 26200 block of Valencia Blvd. Person(s) unknown pried open the door of the location and stole a lap-top computer.
A shoplifting occurred on the 25400 block of The Old Rd. A white male adult and a white female adult took items from the store and left the location without paying for the items.They were contacted by the store’s loss prevention officer and were told to return the items, to which they complied. The suspects were then allowed to leave.
A shoplifting occurred on the 25400 block of The Old Rd. A Hispanic male adult exited the location with several items that he did not pay for. He was arrested for petty theft.
Tip of the week: Extreme Heat Safety
Let’s just say it like it is: IT’S HOT!!! And with this extreme heat we need to all be safe. Here are some tips to help you get through the heat wave safely:
* Always keep a bottle of cool water available for yourself, as well as your family members whenever you leave your home.
* Assure your pets have cool water, plenty of shade, and bring them inside whenever possible.
* When allowing children to play outside, make sure that they come in often for water breaks.
* When using the pool, use sunscreen, have cool water for drinking available, and assure your children are being properly supervised.
* If riding a motorcycle, assure you are still using proper safety gear for the climate (vented protective clothing) to protect you from sunburn or injury if in an accident. Consider wearing some type of hydration back pack so you can drink cool water as you ride.
Stay cool, stay safe, and have fun.
Deputy Kevin Duxbury
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
Twitter @SCVSheriff http://www.twitter.com/scvsheriff
SCV Station Homepage – http://www.santaclarita.lasd.org
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SantaClaritaValleySheriffsStation