Five Santa Clarita Artists Association members have been accepted to the Heritage and Community exhibition at La Galeria Gitana in San Fernando.
Visitors are welcome to the opening reception to meet with the artists on October 15, from 6-9:30 p.m.
The Heritage and Community show will run from October 15 thru December 2, 2016. Fifty artists will bring artwork that incorporates and blends the diverse world we share.
SCAA members: Olga Kaczmar (oil / pastel), Norma Warden and Jerry Cowart (photography), Patty O’Hearn (oil) and Barbara Eisenman (gourd art).
• Olga Kaczmar – “I draw and paint in oils, pastels, watercolor and pencils; and love when animals come to life on my canvas. People’s faces are the hardest, but I relax when I do flowers and natural landscapes.” http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/olga-kaczmar.html
• Jerry Cowart – “My photography is about the the beauty of nature around me. That once-in-a-lifetime moment is now caught in a photograph for all to see.” http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/jerry-cowart.html
• Norma Warden – “My goal is to create Fine Art Photography. I call my images ‘Enhanced Photography’ because they represent what I felt while I was there rather than just a recording of the scene captured by the camera. http://norma-warden.pixels.com/
• Patrician O’Hearn – O’Hearn is a California Impressionist who paints vistas in various locations such as the foothills and canyons, private and public gardens, National Parks, the California Coast, historic locations, and the wine country. “Oil can provide a rich, vibrant world or an ethereal, tranquil mood,” said O’Hearn. “I find the darks, lights, and rainbow of colors in nature very compelling and hypnotizing.” http://www.santaclaritaartists.org/patty-ohearn.html
• Barbara Eisenman – “I am inspired by the artwork of native Americans especially the Pueblo Indians and spent some time on the Navajo and Hopi reservations. I started out as a tapestry weaver and then evolved to gourds. The shape of the gourds tell me what form to take.”
Fiber artists from Surface Art Association will also be featured. La Galeria Gitana is on 120 N Maclay Ave., Ste. E, San Fernando, CA 91340. Free parking is available in the rear. Gallery hours: Tues. 12-6 pm, Wed. – Sat. 12-4 pm. For more information, call 818-898-7708. www.GaleriaGitana.com