Spectacular western, Americana, folk and country musical acts and special tour tickets are still available for the Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival, presented by Heritage Sierra Medical Group, but they are going quick. Performances at the new venue The MAIN, located at 24266 Main Street, and the Canyon Theatre Guild, located at 24242 Main Street, have limited seating, so be sure to buy your tickets while you still can. Tickets are available at CowboyFestival.org/tickets.
· The OutWest Concert Series: On Wednesday, April 19 at 7:00 p.m., the doors of The MAIN will open for an evening of acclaimed, award-winning singing and storytelling from Mary Kaye and Joe Herrington. This special performance is presented by SCVTV and kicks off the 2017 Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival. Tickets for this performance can be purchased by calling (661) 347-9700.
· California Fiesta De Rancho Camulos: On Friday, April 21, starting at 11:00 a.m., a performance from award-winning author and songwriter Jon Chandler will be held at the Rancho Camulos Museum, along with a Southwest buffet and costumed docent-led tours. All proceeds benefit the nonprofit museum’s mission of historical preservation and education.
· The Sons of the San Joaquin and Kristyn Harris: Continuing the Western activities of the day, on April 21 at 8:00 p.m. at the Canyon Theatre Guild, the award-winning Sons of the San Joaquin and Texas songbird Kristyn Harris will provide a truly authentic performance. Be sure to get your tickets while you can.
· The California Feetwarmers: Ragtime, Dixieland blues and early swing will be bursting from The MAIN on Friday, April 21, when The California Feetwarmers take the stage. The doors open at 7:00 p.m. and the show begins at 8:00 p.m.
· Don Edwards and the Haunted Windchimes: On Saturday, April 22, after a full day of Cowboy Festival fun, Grammy nominated Don Edwards and the soulful Haunted Windchimes will perform at the Canyon Theatre Guild. This performance will begin at 6:00 p.m.
· Rosie Flores: Rosie Flores has toured all over the world with her blends of rockabilly, honky-tonk, jazz and Western swing and on Saturday, April 22, she will perform at The MAIN. The doors will open at 7:00 p.m. and the show begins at 8:00 p.m.
· Wyatt Earp is Back: On Saturday, April 22 at 8:00 p.m., the story of Wyatt Earp will return to Hart Mansion at William S. Hart Park. Historians and storytellers Garner Palenske and Nicholas Cataldo will bring Earp’s story to life. Don’t miss the show that was so widely enjoyed at last year’s festival.
· Historical Bus Tour of Santa Clarita Valley: Sunday, April 23, features a narrated bus tour of Santa Clarita historical sites from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A complimentary shuttle will be offered at the Cowboy Festival Shuttle Site and lunch will be available, including vegetarian and vegan options.
· Walk of Western Stars Reception: Following the City of Santa Clarita’s traditional Walk of Western Stars Induction Ceremony will be a special ticketed reception at The MAIN. In honor of Andre and Renaud Veluzat, owners of the Melody Ranch Motion Picture Studios and Bo Hopkins, contributor to Western films, live music, hors d’oeuvres and entertainment will be offered. The doors will open at 5:00 p.m., and seating is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
For more information on the 2017 Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival, including additional performers, ticket pricing, schedules and more concerts hosted by partnering organizations, visit CowboyFestival.org or call the Box Office at (661) 250-3735. Please note that Cowboy Festival ticket prices for Saturday, April 22 and Sunday, April 23 will increase to $13 for adults and $9 for kids at midnight on Friday, April 21.