The storewide remodel of the Walmart Supercenter at 26471 Carl Boyer Drive is complete and, in addition to the many physical changes inside, Santa Clarita residents now have access to Online Grocery Pickup.
Following the grand reopening ribbon-cutting at 7:30 a.m., Friday, August 18, Santa Clarita residents will be able to order Walmart groceries online and pick them up without ever having to unbuckle their seatbelts. Customers select from up to 40,000 online grocery items, diapers, dog food and more, and choose the best time to pick up. A Walmart personal shopper loads the groceries into the car when you arrive – all at no additional cost.
“This remodel was about way more than a fresh coat of paint,” said Store Manager Travis Johnson. “It was about investing in ways for Santa Clarita customers to save time and money. Grocery shopping, especially for busy families with kids, used to take a couple of hours on the weekend. Now, it’s a matter of a few clicks and one of our associates bringing the order out to their vehicle.”
Customers will also enjoy the following store improvements:
· The addition of 10 new self-checkouts at the front of the store (bringing total to 23) to save customers time
· State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays that allow customers to try laptops, tablets and other technology prior to purchase
· Improved produce department layout to better reflect customer shopping patterns; expanded fresh berry cooler
· Redesigned infants department with strollers at floor level and easier access to everyday essentials like formula and diapers
· Refreshed pharmacy with additional service lanes and new consultation room
· Relocated hardware and sporting goods department; hardware and auto tools now together in one convenient location
· New-look home department with improved layout
· Walmart Pickup lounge conveniently located near front of store
· Larger Walmart MoneyCenter with easy access to a variety of in-store financial services
“These are the improvements our customers have been asking for,” said Johnson. “Listening to customers and incorporating the conveniences and experiences they want is what it means to be a store of the community.”
At Walmart, associates have access to competitive wages, affordable benefits, and the chance to build a career. More than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates and 40 percent of those promotions went to associates within the first year of their employment.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 260 million customers and members visit our 11,593 stores under 63 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $486 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.4 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Visit https://www.facebook.com/Walmart3523/ for more news about your Santa Clarita Walmart.
Editor’s note: A selection of Supercenter store images are available for download via the Supercenter Gallery. Any media wishing to visit the new store for a tour with the store manager, please contact John Engleman, Mitchell, 479-305-1665.