The fields at Central Park have been bustling with activities regularly, thanks to new opportunities for youth in Santa Clarita.
The development of new leagues and classes, and an increased focus on evaluation and organization has allowed the city of Santa Clarita’s Youth Sports program to see measured success thus far in 2017.
Parents throughout the Santa Clarita Valley will find more sports programming for their kids, as well as new ways to stay updated on everything that is taking place in Youth Sports. The top 10 additions and changes to Youth Sports in Santa Clarita include:
· A New Facebook Page – The Santa Clarita Youth Sports page on Facebook is a new way for parents to stay connected and learn about upcoming events, registration deadlines and more.
· Baseball Leagues – The city added a Spring Machine Pitch league and extended the T-Ball and Coach Pitch programs to include a summer season.
· Summer Classic Basketball Tournament – The city is hosting the first of many basketball tournaments, open to any organized youth basketball teams in an effort to provide a competitive environment for local travel teams.
· Next Level Clinics – The city offers clinics for young athletes to help them prepare for the next level of competition.
· New Sports/Pee Wee Clinics – Youth Sports added a Tennis Championship for 2017, as well as Pee Wee Hoopsters and Pee Wee Soccer clinics.
· Upgraded Equipment – New professional grade, free standing basketball score tables were installed at the Santa Clarita Sports Complex Gymnasium.
· Basketball Skills Challenge – The Youth Sports Basketball Skills Challenge is a fun and free event offered to league participants that highlight individual skills as well as team play. The event also benefits the Santa Clarita Food Pantry.
· Expanded Open Run Basketball – Additional Open Run Basketball times and locations allow kids to play pickup games with friends and meet other like-minded athletes their age.
· National Competitions – Youth Sports has begun assisting with regional rounds of Major League Baseball’s Pitch, Hit & Run program and also hosts local and sectional competitions.
· Community Sponsorships – Sponsorships from Dick’s Sporting Goods, Snow Orthodontics, Firehouse Subs, Chick-Fil-A and Jersey Mike’s have helped support the development of new programs for youth in Santa Clarita.
Since January, these new sports opportunities and program enhancements have resulted in a greater number of registered participants in Youth Sports. Learn more about the Santa Clarita Youth Sports program online at Santa-Clarita.com/YouthSports or on social media at Facebook.com/SantaClaritaYouthSports.