Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station deputies arrested a student Friday for allegedly making criminal threats, responded to a stabbing incident Friday night, and arrested seven people on various charges in the past week, according to the station’s social media.
Here are the stories from the station’s Facebook page:
“It came to our attention that a social media post was made on Thursday night that made threatening comments toward a local high school student and referenced a school shooting.
“Through an extensive investigation, school resource deputies and COBRA detectives were able to identify the individual who made the post.
“(Friday) afternoon, a local 16-year-old male student was detained and charged with making criminal threats. There were no weapons found at his house.
“We implore you to please have the conversation with your children this weekend that making threats is no laughing matter. It doesn’t matter if they say they were ‘just joking.’ Because of the day and age we live in, we don’t treat these matters lightly, and they will get arrested.”
Deputies responded to an assault with a deadly weapon call on Sierra Highway at Sandy Drive in Canyon Country Friday night at approximately 10:14:
“Upon arrival, deputies found the victim, a white male adult, 30s, suffering from stab wounds to his chest.
“The victim allegedly was walking with a friend across a pedestrian bridge near the location when they encountered a male adult Hispanic and a female adult Hispanic.
“Words were exchanged and a fight ensued. During the altercation, the victim was stabbed in the chest.
“Both suspects fled the scene in an unknown direction. The victim was transported to a hospital for treatment.
“This is an ongoing investigation and there is no further information available at this time.”
Deputies patrolling Canyon Country last week arrested six people on drug charges and one man for assault with a deadly weapon:
“One of our ‘no-call’ patrol cars is assigned to watch over Canyon Country. A ‘no-call’ car means that the deputies deployed in the patrol unit do not respond to the regular incoming calls for service, but rather solely concentrate on areas of concern.
“This past week, they conducted high visibility patrol within designated Canyon Country areas. They also conducted foot patrol within various apartment complexes and mobile home parks located in and around the Soledad Canyon Road/Sierra Highway area.
“Through the course of their proactive patrolling, the following arrests were made:
* Possession of drug paraphernalia: female Hispanic adult arrested.
* Possession of a controlled substance, heroin, methamphetamine, and possession of drug paraphernalia: male white adult arrested.
* Possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia: male black adult arrested.
* Possession of drug paraphernalia: male white adult arrested.
* Possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, and possession of drug paraphernalia: male white adult arrested.
* Assault with a deadly weapon, knife: male Hispanic adult arrested.
* Burglary, possession of burglary tools, and possession of drug paraphernalia, three additional misdemeanor arrest warrants: male white adult arrested.
“We will continue to make our presence in all areas that residents have expressed concerns. Keep in contact with your assigned Crime Prevention deputy about what is going on in your neighborhood. To find their contact information, [click here].”