Cloudy
Cloudy

May 23
1941 - SCV's first real movie house, the American Theater, dedicated in Newhall [story]

| Monday, Jul 16, 2018
Canyon View Mobile Home Estates hillside solar panels in Canyon Country. | Photo: Stephen K. Peeples.

The city of Santa Clarita’s Community Preservation Division sent a notice of violation Monday to the owners of the Canyon View Mobile Home Estates property in Canyon Country, ordering the removal of multiple solar panels installed on the hillside just north of the park.

The owners, Kerry and Mark Seidenglanz, installed the panels on the hillsides within and outside of the mobile home park without obtaining required permits and without complying with conditions of approval associated with the conditional use permit for the park.

Those conditions of approval require that 50 percent of the property be maintained as open space. The Notice of Violation directs the property owner to remove the solar panels.

All mobile home parks are generally under the jurisdiction of the California Department of Housing and Community Development. City staff has been working with HCD and the county of Los Angeles to obtain and review file materials concerning the solar project as well as the conditional use permit, which was originally issued by the county.

The review indicates that Canyon View Estates should have sought additional entitlements from the city, and is in violation of the conditional use permit conditions of approval.

1. Deanna Maldonado 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

• Ann Taylor Riddle says:

Is this the Shelby Fischer from Burbank?Hi

Subject
      Regarding Solar, I wish Lancaster had the same views on solar.And, who would want to attract the sun to the desert, especially during a drought, unless you are trying to burn up the planet.Who even knows the power of the sun? out a piece of glass on a little brush, it will cause a fire?? Hello’

2. Good they look horrible

3. Good and maybe get the contractor a level next time.

4. They are ugly. And produce more heat in the air. And the reflection of the sun are blinding . Especially in the afternoon.

5. I am confused they belong to a mobile park but are no were near them? Obviously I don’t know how they work, but glad they are moving them.

6. took long enough…the panels are an eye-sore.

7. Marlena May Marlena May says:

It’s about time! I know many residents have been upset and complaining for quite a while.

8. Rick Harms Rick Harms says:

It’s about time that’s a eye sore!

9. Amanda Brianne Harper 🤣

10. I saw this when driving by and was wondering wth ?

11. I was wondering when something might finally happen! They sure are ugly.😒

12. Ty Reaber…. here is your answer. lol

13. Good they are ugly. Why are they covering the beautiful hills? As it is there is so much building going on, we are losing our valley.

14. It’s about time!!! Place them where you can’t see them.

15. They are ugly. It’s about time!

16. Maggie Mae Erickson ☺️

17. Rocio Del Pilar Hammer Kevin Hammer

18. Tim Andrews Tim Andrews says:

That hillside is an OCD nightmare. They should be cited!😂✌

19. Gosh finally, that looks so ugly

20. WOO HOO WAY TO GO SCV!!!!

21. California is funny. They can lecture the world about the environment, and how important solar and wind is, but the second YOUR VIEW is affected, you demand they get taken down 🤣🤣🤣. Bunch of 🤡

22. My question was there a city permit pulled to put them up in the first place?

23. Oh thank God! Everytime I pass, my OCD is off the charts 😣

24. Looks like S… but it’s Canyon Country

• Cheryl Clark Cheryl Clark says:

And??? There are plenty of homes in sand canyon (which is part of Canyon Country) that are worth more than any house in Saugus or Stevenson Ranch. So why the stupid comment. It’s still part of Santa Clarita

25. If they were put up straight, I don’t think anyone would have complained. It’s horrible to look at.
    Hire professionals next time.

26. Jeff Einbund Jeff Einbund says:

Good plus being OCD those ones that are crooked have ALWAYS bothered me when driving down Soledad 😆.

27. So that’s worse to look at than more houses?? 🤦‍♀️

28. Fiona Villasenor look!!

29. Well it’s about time! Ridiculous eye sore. Someone got kickbacks to turn a blind eye to this. Hurts the value of any homes that are near this vulgar mess. 😝

30. That’s fantastic!! Such an eyesore!

31. I’m confused because several months back the owners were complaining about them as well.

32. Lillian Clark says:

I would also, as a Canyon Country resident, that those panels were a real eyesore. Literally, I was driving down a street in The Shangrala Housing track and was nearly blinded by the sun’s reflection off of those panels. I’m proud that our city has been diligent about this matter.

33. Linda Sayles Linda Sayles says:

So happy to read this. Such an eyesore!

34. This is absolutely ridiculous. This has been going on for at least a year and your telling us they just NOW realized they didn’t pull permits? What the heck are the city employees doing out there? There more worried about a homeowner putting up a patio cover than seeing this obvious eyesore. Please…smacks of someone wasn’t paid enough in the planning and permit dept to look the other way and now they’re getting back at the owner…

35. Shame on you Santa Clarita!!! Preserving the aesthetics of the hillside TRUMPS preserving the planet?

36. Brian Butow Brian Butow says:

Good!! Those panels look like crap! There not even straight! Stupid!

37. This was already reported about a year ago and they even interviewed some of the homeowners who weren’t even told they were going to put them up.

38. Hugo A. Perez is this those panels we would see of Soledad

39. Good because they are a real eye sore!

40. Stephen Bennett Breann Hames

41. Maggie MJ Maggie MJ says:

Thanks SCV better late than never 😁🙏🏼

42. I cringe every time is see them. Put them on the damn roof. Just like everyone else that has them around here.

43. Did Lily Of The Valley Mobile Home Park get a permit for theirs ? Hmmmm

44. Eyesore – departing

45. That’s a sloppy job

46. Gina Marie Gina Marie says:

I heard that they don’t benefit the residents at all and they they sell it to Az. Not sure how true that is tho.

• Jamie says:

It is very true. The homeowners only benefit is supposedly we will not lose power in an outage. There is no other financial gain, just loss of our beautiful hillside view.

47. They look God awful but I understand wanting to use solar energy. Its just….abysmal looking. I try to avoid looking at it while driving on Soledad.

48. Major eyesore take it all down.

49. Thank god This drives me crazy

50. It’s about darned time! Hugh eyesore!

51. April Cleveland says:

The home owners in the area HATE THIS and are SO frustrated by the owners of Canyon View Estates. They do not benefit the home owners, which is a really self-serving way to go about solar energy. Shame on the owners of Canyon View Estates.

52. Danny Young Danny Young says:

I’m glad the city was able to find a way to get involved. These were approved by the state, but SCV has working to get it solved.

53. J De Jesus 🤣🤣 funny how we were talking about it this weekend 😂😂

54. I remember seeing an article a while back regarding these. Apparently the owner of the solar panels is not affiliated with the residents, does not provide their home with energy, but does power streetlights. Seems to me like he should be cited, not the community. I can’t find the article I remember seeing, but there is a blurb about it here: https://scvnews.com/2017/06/27/scv-newsbreak-for-tuesday-june-27-2017/

55. Ruby Avila Ruby Avila says:

Jose Garcia we just saw this…

56. It’s about time, what a mess it is.

57. Joanne Douthitt says:

Good!!!! They look awful!! An Eye sore to the community!!

58. Helen Hans Helen Hans says:

Geri Brown are these the ones by you? If so maybe they will remove them.

59. Kristen Harper Amanda Brianne Harper

60. Richard Kramer says:

I live there, we complained, glad someone finally can get this resolved. They are ugly, we don’t get any benefits, they should be fined and demand their removal

61. They should be required to plant some trees, considering they removed all of them.

62. Jared Axen Jared Axen says:

Is this the one off of bouquet?

63. I though the city put this up to power the street lights.. my bad

64. Shaunie Lyne Shaunie Lyne says:

Thank goodness! It’s so ugly and poorly done!

65. Brian Skyles Brian Skyles says:

Thank you! Those things are an eyesore!

66. Rodney McElhone Mariah McElhone

67. Beverly Celentano says:

I would like to know who is benefitting from this eyesore. I haven’t heard of anyone’s electric bill going down since those were put up.
    Why did they have to remove all the vegetation ? I expect there was a long of erosion during the last rainstorms. Lots of questions about who approved them. I would hold the city of Santa Clarita officials accountable It will be interesting to see how the buck gets passed!

68. Ellen Perez Ellen Perez says:

Tiffani Rigdon Jessica Nazarian

69. Edwin Mendez Edwin Mendez says:

Michael Rodriguez crazy loo

70. Good! That looks like crap!

71. Noel Lawson Noel Lawson says:

Thanks goodness! These look absolutely awful. I’m so grateful our city is doing something about this. THANK YOU!!!!

72. Hillbillies that’s awesome

73. Gregory Wood Gregory Wood says:

Tara Gilliam Brent Gilliam

74. David M. says:

“While the city supports efforts to move to renewable energy, it takes seriously its responsibility to enforce conditions of approval designed to protect the quality of life in Santa Clarita, balancing the need for development with the preservation of open space.”
    What a joke! If they cared in the least about ascetics and quality of life they would not have destroyed our home town with all the development making SCV bigger than L.A. They city allowed developers to wipe out all our open space , the mountains are disappearing, the feel and closeness are gone.

• Dan says:

You’re absolutely right, David M. Throw the County in there, too! If you think the 5 Fwy is bad now, just wait until the tens of thousands of homes that have approved come on line. And there seems to be no consideration as to where the additional water will be coming from. Drive thru the Aliento project (just uphill from the Lowes overlooking the 14 Fwy)…what could have been a nice neighborhood is marked by the conformity of the homes, their minimal setbacks and parking overflowing onto the streets. The City has had a chance to make SC a model community but has flubbed it over the past five years.

75. I know some of the home owners didn’t like the way it was installed. I thought I saw this in an article at one time

76. Something is missing from this story… i cant put my finger on it… but something is fishy here.

77. Lola Dyroy Lola Dyroy says:

So who is benefiting from the use of those panels?? Looks like the panels might not be the only thing that is crooked here, huh?

78. Debra Bustamante says:

Please make them take down those ugly solar panels! I could not believe that the city would allow such an eyesore to be built in Santa Clarita’s open space. We need to beautify Canyon Country, please make them remove those unsightly solar panels. It has got to be bringing the value of our properties down.

79. I Agree with Terri. No more homes either. 😎

80. I’m glad they are doing something about it. It really looks redneck and lowers the value of our town.

81. I’m so glad they will be taken down . They have been ruining my view.

82. Tommy W Hess hahahahahaha ugly things to look at for sure

83. Good! That is an eyesore!

84. Although I am in favor of going green,
    These solar panels looked HORRIBLE!!!!!
    I’m so glad they will be removing them. Sooner better then later.

85. Clara Garner Clara Garner says:

Good they are an eye sore.

86. I believe The solar panels are on Indian reservation land. There’s nothing the city can do.

87. They should look at what the junior high and high schools have done around here using solar panels as shade for car parking. That would be much more appropriate.

88. It looks ridiculous and they should be taken down thats my opinion.

89. Wow really is a crap load of panels behind those houses on Northcliff Dr.

90. Charlene Brown Sarnecki

91. Dan says:

They look like they were just thrown up there without any thought as to the aesthetics. As for approvals, the park owners are apparently boneheads and amateurs…there is no way I would put those up without getting permission from the City, no matter what other agencies are involved. There are numerous City issues involved here, beyond those that are mentioned in the article.

92. Thank good they are getting removed they make the city looks more ghetto than all ready is

93. Kimberly Rollins says:

They are an eye sore when driving by. If they were more symmetrically placed they would look better, instead of being placed all over the place.

94. About time looks awful!

95. Charlene Iannalfo Reagan.

96. Robert Paulsen says:

So many of the comments here reflect the ignorance of this community about renewable energy. It reflects self-involved “me first” attitudes and a lack of looking toward what’s best for the entire community. The city the state, the country, and the world. The City of Santa Clarita does not support this effort and is more worried about complaints from nimbys. I cannot wait for the Blue Wave to consume the local City Council as well and flush it all out of the way. Get off the new road if you can’t lend a hand because the times they are a- changing​.

• SCVNews.com says:

What’s important is holding developers to their agreements. What’s important is not allowing developers to violate our hillside and open space ordinances. Maybe you hate nature, but you don’t speak for the majority. The majority of Santa Clarita voters opted to preserve open space.

97. Carleen King Carleen King says:

Yea. What an eye sore

98. Kurt Buck Kurt Buck says:

Thank god SCV is doing something about something. Let’s distract people from the thousands of housing units being built, the water shortage, and the traffic nightmare that SCV has become! Yay Awesometown!

99. Tim Scott says:

Could they be any more ghetto?

100. They are ugly and look so disoriented. Very sloppy workmanship

101. Anna Fontana Anna Fontana says:

They are horrible. Reject

102. NMoffett says:

We, residents and homeowners had a meeting with the city representatives when these things were going up. We brought up the fact there was no environmental study, no concern for the homeowners, the owners went to the state and county, not the city for their ‘permits”, and basically we were told it’s their land they can do anything they want with it. I am so glad that the city didn’t give up.

103. Adam Kirk Adam Kirk says:

That’s hilarious.

104. D.j. Smetana D.j. Smetana says:

Always saw that and cringed. About time. But that ain’t nothing compared to all the new housing and stuff that’s happening and GOING to happen.

105. Linda says:

These are definitely a major eyesore!

106. Jeff says:

even a blind person could have done a better job. Complete eyesore to the whole community.

107. Nmoffett says:

Unfortunately we were told that they would not be removed, the owners had the correct permits and the city of Santa Clarita has no power over mobile home parks. That’s what we were told at the beginning of this issue, so why now is this coming out if the city has nothing to say about them. It will be interesting to see the “power” struggle between the owners and the city

• SCVNews.com says:

Unfortunately you were given bad information. You are pretty much correct about “power over mobile home parks,” but the solar panels are not in a mobile home park.

108. This is not going to happen. They got the permitting from the state and the city told us last year when we tried to stop it, the city had no power to do anything. We were just told by our property management that the panels would not be coming down. Sorry

109. Fabricio Mundo says:

Who was the brilliant idiot that decided to put them up in the first place??? Hey moron, next time cross your T’s and dot your I’s before pretending to be emperor Siedenglantz and just shove these eyesores down our throats becuase you tought you could….apparently your not all that with out the right permits. Maybe we can get some of our lost property values back to our houses.

110. Fab Mundo says:

I’ll believe it when I see it.

111. elkinsham says:

I believe in green power but they do seem o be quite a bit of an eyesore, I wonder if they are up for sale? I know a couple of spaces that hey would not be so obnoxious and still create some power useful for the community without offending property owners.

112. That entire valley has been destroyed, so glad I no longer live there………..

113. Patrice Haerle says:

Good those darn things are so ugly and ruin the whole area completely a eye sore

114. Deb and I saw this the other day coming home from Costco. We couldn’t believe how disgustingly ugly they look on the side of the mountain. And we don’t even recall seeing them before. They’re so ugly you would think we would’ve seen them already.

115. Jason White Jason White says:

They are an eye sore. They at least could have made the all in line.

116. Jennifer Garcia says:

I hope they do take them down. I’m all for solar panels but not where they are visible to the entire Canyon Country area! They are so ugly and uneven.

117. Lisa Munoz Lisa Munoz says:

They look horrible, like they were placed and then slid down the hill

118. Francisco says:

Supposedly the residents do not benefit from those solar panels either. I could be misinformed but from my understanding they are just reselling the energy and not providing it to the residents in that community. Definitely an eye sore considering they are not in a straight line. Pretty greedy of the land owner if this is true.

119. Francisco Arredondo says:

120. Brenda is this where Marcella use to live?

121. That’s where my mom lives. Its not a mobile home park though. The owners are greedy people

122. Steve Horn Steve Horn says:

If Jerry Brown can build his “crazy train”, these people can have their ugly panels! Besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder…😜😜😜

123. Lloyd Thomas Lloyd Thomas says:

Looks like Giant Legos 👀

124. Andre Lupica Andre Lupica says:

Should have hired the architects that did Luxor. Hell, they could have even added the Luxor light as well 😂

Vegas baby!!!

125. Wendy DeLisio says:

I’m so happy something is being done about this. They’re ugly and havevtp be affecting the wildlife. I live on top of the hill and have to look at them every day. I wish there was something we could do to have them completely removed or placed on top of the housing in his Park.

126. Luis Gonzalez that you up there haha

127. NMoffett says:

SCVNews.com. In our meeting last year with the City go Santa Clarita representative, he told us that Canyon View Estates is considered a mobile home park, that is why they (the city) was not involved in the permitting of the solar panels. Also our manager told one of the owners yesterday that the panels were staying and the owners were not getting fined as the permits they got from the state were approved. Again, knowing the owners, it will be interesting to see the final outcome. Thank you for reporting on this ongoing issue!

128. I drive by these everyday on the freeway and can barely see them.

129. Diana and Christian lol… remember I asked WTF when we were going to Jessica’s graduation? Now I know haha

130. Robert Jones Robert Jones says:

As a resident I can say we get no benefit of these monstrosity… swear they must have been drunk when installing them.. Im Betting now we as residents will feel the fines coming out of our pockets! Not the owners!

131. Enrique Henry Serrato

Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Prostitution Sting Leads to 7 Arrests in Valencia
Seven adults were arrested at a Valencia hotel Tuesday during an operation conducted by the Los Angeles Regional Human Trafficking Taskforce and deputies from the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station, authorities reported Wednesday afternoon.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Newsom Forms Homeless, Housing Task Force Headed by Ridley-Thomas, Steinberg
California Governor Gavin Newsom on Tuesday announced the formation of the Homeless and Supportive Housing Advisory Task Force and its co-chairs, Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas and Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg.
Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Wilk Hemp Bill Clears California Senate, Heads to Assembly
The California Senate has approved Senate Bill 153, which would ensure California law is in full compliance with changes to federal law regarding the cultivation of industrial hemp, Senator Scott Wilk, R-Santa Clarita, who introduced the bill, announced Wednesday.

Emmy Award-winning broadcast journalist Elizabeth Espinosa is the newest partner with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Communications team, Sheriff Alex Villanueva announced Wednesday.
Emmy-Winner Espinosa Joins LA County Sheriff’s Communications Team
Prostitution Sting Leads to 7 Arrests in Valencia
Newsom Forms Homeless, Housing Task Force Headed by Ridley-Thomas, Steinberg
Lief Labs, a premier formulation and product development innovator and manufacturer of dietary supplements, hosted a field trip for approximately 80 10th, 11th and 12th-grade students from San Fernando Valley High School on Friday, May 17.
Lief Labs Hosts Students Prepping for Careers in Biotech, Health Science, Medical Tech
At its monthly meeting on Tuesday, the Civilian Oversight Commission for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department covered several topics including further review of LASD's Internal Administrative Investigations, a presentation on the Mental Evaluation Teams, and the approval of the Immigration Ad Hoc Committee Report.
Oversight Panel Reviews LASD Internal Probes, ICE Cooperation
The Lancaster JetHawks played for the first time since in four days Tuesday night, hanging on to edge the Inland Empire 66ers 2-1 at San Manuel Stadium.
Lancaster JetHawks Return to Action, Edge Inland Empire 66ers
Zoey White was four classes away from completing her animation degree at College of the Canyons when she decided to switch gears to study automotive technology instead.
COC Student Shifts Gears, Speeds Toward Auto Tech Career
Wilk Hemp Bill Clears California Senate, Heads to Assembly
Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey's Conviction Review Unit has expanded its criteria for cases eligible for evaluation to include any felony conviction in which the defendant remains in custody, the DA's office said Wednesday.
LA County DA Expands Conviction Review Criteria
The SCV Veterans Memorial Committee and Eternal Valley Memorial Park and Mortuary will present Santa Clarita’s annual Memorial Day Tribute at the park in Newhall on Monday, May 27, starting at 10 a.m.
May 27: Annual Memorial Day Tribute to Veterans at Eternal Valley
Eternal Valley Memorial Park is inviting members of Santa Clarita Valley scout troops and packs, community volunteer groups and individual volunteers to place flags on veterans' graves on Saturday, May 25, in preparation for the Newhall park's annual Memorial Day Tribute on Monday, May 27.
May 25: Call for Volunteers to Place Flags on Veterans’ Graves
Los Angeles County supervisors, citing the same number of worrisome scientific studies that convinced them in March to place a 30-day ban on the use of glyphosate, have banned the controversial herbicide from being used by county work crews anywhere in the county.
Supes Nix Use of Glyphosphate Herbicide by LA County Departments
More than two dozen people had the opportunity Tuesday to tour the proposed Sand Canyon Resort project site, with the majority voicing concerns over open-space preservation.
Visitors to Proposed Sand Canyon Resort Site Voice Concern Over Open Space
The city of Santa Clarita is now accepting names to be included as part of the 2019 additions to the Youth Grove in Central Park, with a due date of June 30 for nominations.
June 30: Central Park Youth Grove Nominations Due
More residents died from air pollution in Los Angeles County in 2017 than in any other U.S. county, according to a new study released Wednesday, but nationally, the number of deaths and illnesses caused by smog has fallen dramatically in the last decade.
Better Air Quality Has Saved Thousands of Lives, Study Finds
From Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will have additional officers on patrol looking for drivers suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
Sheriff’s Deputies to Kick Off Summer with Holiday DUI Enforcement
COBRA detectives from the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station reported Tuesday night that an estranged husband who allegedly kidnapped his wife from a Canyon Country location on April 9 is now in custody.
LAPD Arrests Canyon Country Kidnapping Suspect in SFV
The California Senate has approved Senate Bill 387, which would streamline how SCV Water Agency Board of Directors vacancies are to be handled, and the legislation will now go to the state Assembly for consideration.
Wilk SCV Water Board Bill Passes Senate, Heads to Assembly
Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies will take part in a bicycle and pedestrian safety enforcement operation in the city of Santa Clarita on Monday, May 27, between 5 a.m. and 3 p.m.
May 27: ‘Heads Up’ Bike, Pedestrian Safety Push in SCV
A body tasked with oversight of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said Tuesday that it may subpoena Sheriff Alex Villanueva for documents regarding his decision to halt investigations into officer misconduct.
Watchdog May Subpoena LA Sheriff Over Closed Officer Probes
The San Gabriel Mountains Community Collaborative will hold a meeting at the Altadena Community Center on Thursday, May 23, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
May 23: San Gabriel Mountains Community Collaborative Meeting
1865 - Discoverer Ramon Perea and partner sell Pico Canyon oil claim to Edward Beale & Robert Baker for $300 [story]
grave marker
SAN MATEO — Freshman thrower Jordan Palmer finished runner-up in the shot put and Delon Buncio placed fourth in the long jump as College of the Canyons track & field closed out its season by competing at CCCAA State Championship meet hosted by the College of San Mateo May 17-18.
COC Freshman Thrower Finishes Runner-Up at State Championships
NORTHRIDGE - With the programs' most qualifiers since 2017, the CSUN men's and women's track and field teams are getting ready to compete in the 2019 NCAA Division I West Regional this weekend at Sacramento State.
Matadors Track Team Heads to Sacramento for West Regionals
As part of ongoing efforts to provide the public and university stakeholders with additional access to financial information, the California State University has launched a new financial transparency portal.
CSU Launches Transparency Portal to Provide Additional Financial Access
On April 24, millions of people across the world celebrated Denim Day and wore denim to show their support for education and awareness about all forms of sexual violence.
Art Piece Inspired by Denim Day on Display at City Hall
Hart High School’s Regiment Band will be holding its annual Spring Concert Tuesday, May 21, at 7:00 p.m. in the Hart High School Auditorium.
May 21: Hart High School’s Annual Spring Concert
U.S. Air Force Airman Matthew G. Hernandez graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
Cornerstone Christian Alum Graduates from Air Force Basic Training
SACRAMENTO - State Sen. Scott Wilk, representing the 21st Senate District, announced Tuesday that Senate Bill 202 (SB 202) unanimously passed the Senate. SB 202 allows for the commercial use of animal blood from community-sourced donors.
Wilk’s Doggie Donor Bill Would Allow Community Animals to Donate Blood
Since Medicare pays for a significant amount of prescription opioids, we strive to ensure appropriate stewardship of these medications that can provide a medical benefit but also pose risks.
Medicare Helps Seniors Use Opioids Safely | Commentary by Greg Dill
To honor California State University, Northridge alumna Virginia Orndorff and her passion of the arts, her husband Chris Orndorff donated $218,000 to create an endowment for art student scholarships.
CSUN Gifted with $218K to Create Endowment for Art Scholarships
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station deputies are on scene at Sierra Vista Junior High investigating a report of an attack by a student, according to officials.
Deputies Respond to Report of Attack at Sierra Vista Junior High
The College of the Canyons men's and women’s soccer programs are inviting boys and girls in kindergarten through eighth grade to participate in the 2019 Youth Summer Soccer Camp, with two sessions running this summer.
Registration for COC Youth Summer Soccer Camps Now Open
SACRAMENTO – With summer around the corner, Memorial Day weekend traffic will likely increase on California roadways.
CHP Focusing on Seat Belt Usage Ahead of Memorial Day Weekend
Waste Management’s service for residential trash, recycling, and green waste pick-up, as well as commercial service will be delayed by one day throughout the week of May 27, in observance of Memorial Day.
Waste Management Delays Services by 1 Day in Observance of Memorial Day