Santa Clarita business law firm Poole & Shaffery, LLP and the Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce will host the 2019 Employment Law Update luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Valencia on Thursday, Jan. 10 from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The firm’s Brian Koegle and David Poole will provide insight into legal matters affecting California businesses.
Topics will include:
* Drastic changes in independent contractor classification
* De Minimus unpaid time and rounding timekeeping policies
* Calculating overtime payments for non-exempt employees
* On-duty rest periods and the future of on-duty meal periods
* Changes to disclosure requirements and settlement agreements for sexual harassment claims
* Employment arbitration agreements in California
* Preview of new laws for 2019
The cost will be $55 for Chamber members and $65 for non-members.
Register for the luncheon here or call 661-702-6977.
The Hyatt Regency is located at 24500 Town Center Drive, Valencia 91355.
For more information, call Cheryl Ramirez at 661-702-6977 ext. 2002.