Washington, D.C. – U.S. Rep. Katie Hill (D-Agua Dulce) is in Germany attending the 2019 Munich Security Conference and visiting NATO Headquarters and the seat of the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium as part of a congressional delegation led by the Speaker of the House.
“As a member of the House Armed Services Committee and a Representative to Leadership for the freshman class, I am honored to participate in these critical national security dialogues to better understand the matters of national security that affect all of us, either directly or indirectly,” Hill said at the trip’s outset.
“This is a critical time for both the United States and our European allies, and I look forward to connecting with them about the strength of our partnership amidst the threats we face,” she said. “I am thankful to the Speaker for this opportunity.”
At the Munich Security Conference, the delegation is participating in high-level conversations and bilateral meetings with U.S. allies and partners on pressing global security issues. In Brussels, the delegation will meet with top NATO commanders and U.S. military leaders in Europe, NATO ambassadors from allied nations, senior EU officials and Belgian leaders.
The members of the Congressional Delegation are:
* Speaker Nancy Pelosi
* Chairman Eliot Engel, Foreign Affairs Committee
* Chairman Adam Schiff, Intelligence Committee
* Congressman Gregory Meeks, Financial Services Committee, Foreign Affairs Committee
* Congressman Stephen Lynch, Oversight & Reform Committee, Financial Services Committee, Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
* Congresswoman Jackie Speier, Intelligence Committee, Armed Services Committee, Oversight & Reform Committee
* Congressman Gerry Connolly, Chairman of the U.S. Delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, Oversight & Reform Committee, Foreign Affairs Committee
* Congressman Bill Keating, Armed Services Committee, Foreign Affairs Committee
* Congressman Filemon Vela, Armed Services Committee, Agriculture Committee, Homeland Security Committee
* Congresswoman Katie Hill, Armed Services Committee, Oversight & Reform Committee, Science, Space & Technology Committee