The SCV Man & Woman of the Year winners will be announced at the 54th annual Recognition Dinner at the Hyatt Regency Valencia on Friday, May 3, starting at 6 p.m.
The City of Santa Clarita and Fifth District Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger are sponsoring the dinner, which honors men and women who have given outstanding volunteer service to the Santa Clarita Valley area.
Candidates must have provided individual volunteer services to a nonprofit community service organization and are judged on length, time commitment, type of service and impact of service to multiple local organizations.
Nominees were announced March 20 at the annual “Paparazzi Party” at the Sand Canyon estate home of Wayne and Dianne Crawford.
A total of 22 nonprofit organizations nominated nine men and 13 women for this year’s awards.
Reigning Man of the Year Nick Lentini and Woman of the Year Gloria Mercado-Fortine introduced representatives of the nominating organizations who each gave a brief speech on the merits of their nominees.
Here’s a list of the 2019 nominees (and nominating nonprofit organizations):
* Dale Donohoe and Mitzi Like (nominated by the Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Foundation)
* Steve Corn and Doreen Shine (College of the Canyons Foundation)
* Taylor Kellstrom (Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Circle of Hope, JCI Santa Clarita)
* Sharlene Duzick (JCI Santa Clarita)
* Teresa Todd (Carousel Ranch)
* Sue Reynolds Buckley (Child & Family Center)
* Hunt Braly (Bridge to Home, Homes4Families)
* Brian Koegle (HandsOn Santa Clarita, SCV Senior Center)
* Julie Sturgeon (SCV Senior Center)
* Glenn Terry and Tami Edwards (Rotary Club of SCV)
* Janine Jones (American Cancer Society, SRD-Straightening Reins Foundation)
* Laura Kirchoff (Circle of Hope, Soroptimist International of Greater SCV)
* Alan Ferdman (Samuel Dixon Family Health Center)
* Ken Wiseman (SCV Sheriff’s Foundation)
* Ann-Marie Bjorkman (Boys & Girls Club of SCV)
* Pam Ingram (Sebastian Velona Foundation)
* Darleen Lyons (Zonta Club of SCV)
* Anna Riggs (OLPH Italian Catholic Club)
Tickets are now on sale for $125 per person. Tables for 10 guests are $1,250. Premium Tables for 10 guests are $1,500 and include a full-page ad in the event program booklet.
Proceeds after event costs are covered will be donated to charities chosen by the 2019 Man & Woman of the Year winners.
To purchase tickets and/or program ads, call Margarita at 661-252-2012, or order them online here.
For questions about reservations, email Adele at email@example.com.
To see a list of past honorees, click here (scroll toward bottom of page).
The Hyatt Regency Valencia is located at 25400 Town Center Drive, Valencia 91351.
Michele Buttelman contributed to this story.