The Santa Clarita Artists Association held its 30th Annual Art Classic fine arts competition at the Hyatt Regency Valencia’s Grand Ballroom on Friday night, November 1.
Seventy-one artists waited with anticipation for the outcome of the fine arts competition.
* Best of Show: “Of The Forest” by Denise Jensen
1st place (Gold) was awarded to the following categories:
* Oil: “Pacific Coastline” by Laura Wambsgans
* Acrylics: “January” by Debra Zednik
* Watercolor: “Flower Power” by Zony Gordon
* Dry Media: “Jill” by Mike Farrell
* Sculpture: “Tetrus” by Scott Bruckner
* Mixed Media: “Super Angel” by Richard Omura
* Masters: “Amsterdam Morning” by Gary Friedman
* Photography: “Wild Flowers” by Jason Moran
* City Award of Excellence: “In.som.ni.a” by Ron Soto
Art Classic judge Julie Snyder reviewed 129 pieces of art in all categories.
Second place [silver] and merit winners were also awarded and winners with photos will be posted at www.santaclaritaartists.org in the near future.
“The live auction netted $4700 along with $1270 from restaurant raffles. Earlier this year we granted three scholarships to local high school seniors who are majoring in art,” said Dody Rogers, Event Coordinator.
The 2019 Scholarship winners awarded were:
* First Place $1,000 to Julia Aguila, Hart High School
* Second Place $750 to Lauren Franco, West Ranch High School
* Third Place $500 to Deja Cavalleri, Canyon High School
“Each year we hope to raise the amount given to our scholarship winners, so we continue to strive for more successful fundraisers,” said Laurie Morgan, scholarship chair.