Cedars Sinai Medical Center will be hosting an urgent blood drive, in cooperation with the Office of U.S. Rep. Katie Hill, D-Agua Dulce, Friday, June 14, from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., at Santa Clarita City Hall.
Donors are encouraged to sign up online at https://donatebloodcedars.org/index.cfm?group=op&expand=4835&zc=91355. First-timers are welcome and refreshments will be provided throughout the day. Staff will also be available to answer questions and provide information about the services available to constituents of California’s 25th Congressional District.
“In recognition of the urgent need in our community, and in honor of World Blood Donor Day, I’m proud that my office is able to support Cedars Sinai in their effort to provide life-saving health care,” Hill said. “I’m grateful to serve so many dedicated volunteers and healthcare professionals committed to providing access to safe, affordable care.”
Urgent Community Blood Drive Hosted by Cedars Sinai Medical Center
When: Friday, June 14, from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Santa Clarita City Hall (Century Room)
23920 Valencia Blvd
Santa Clarita, 91355
– It just takes 90 seconds to select your own time online (or bring I.D. & show up): LifeSavers RSVP right here.
– Comfortable indoor arrangements & air-conditioned inside
– Please be well hydrated, eat first, & bring picture I.D. (driver license works best)
– First-timers are welcome, too. You don’t need to know your type. You’ll info to be able to find out their own individual blood type at absolutely no cost
– Most common daily medications are fine (aspirin, cholesterol, blood pressure, birth control, thyroid, antidepressants, even diabetics who take insulin)
– Just like body piercings, tattoos are also now allowed
– Plenty of free refreshments throughout the day