Mostly cloudy
Mostly cloudy

June 18
1945 - PFC Johnny Cordova of Castaic killed in action on Okinawa [story]
Johnny Cordova

Cindy Newhall[KHTS] – Cindy Newhall-Weyant died in her home in Costa Mesa early Tuesday morning after a long battle with multiple sclerosis, according to family members.

She was 51 years old at the time of her death, which was determined to be caused by her disease.
Newhall-Weyant was a fifth generation descendant of Henry Mayo Newhall and the granddaughter of Scott and Ruth Newhall, who once owned the Signal newspaper in Santa Clarita.

“She was a light bulb, a lightening rod that everybody gravitated to,” said Skip Newhall, Newhall-Weyant’s father. “She never met a person that didn’t like her; everybody really adored the gal.”

Newhall-Weyant is survived by her father, her husband Jeff Weyant, and her three children, Christopher and Matthew Halbasch from a former marriage and Derek Weyant.

Newhall-Weyant was training to be a marathon runner when she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 15 years ago.

1. Oh my god no way please tell me this isn’t true?

2. Is this true? Oh God, I hope not!

3. This can’t be true!!

4. So young, may she Rip.

5. Rip my friend you had a heart and soul of gold !

6. Tim Holt Tim Holt says:

She had so much fun dancing and getting together at our 30 year reunion! So sad.

7. Tracy Burt Tracy Burt says:

What???? Are you kidding me??? No!!!!

8. Tracy Burt Tracy Burt says:

I can’t even begin to wrap my heart around this! What a horrible loss of an absolutely beautiful lady! I’m shocked!

9. Randy Ashley Randy Ashley says:

_/_ Gonna miss our laughs as Old People, Cinderella…
    Gods Rest is yours now, and the lives that you have touched will carry your love and goodness..
    Aloha, Dearest Cindy.

10. Nick Marsh says:

Wow, such a loss…I will miss you. I’m so glad I got to talk with her before this happened. Such a beautiful soul. Rest in peace.

11. Lisa Minjares says:

I’m in shock. Cindy,I will always love you sweetheart.

12. Don Crippen says:

Time is so infinite,
    so insufficient,
    preciously coveted,
    and injudiciously distributed by the fates.

What a wonderful person to have
    known a bit for a while, and from
    that to draw smiles in remembrance.

Sending out smiles to last a while,
    in memory of this wonderful, vibrant,
    smart, funny person.

13. Such a beautiful girl, loved by so many. Heaven has another Angel now. Praying for strength for the families during this difficult time. May love and memories give you comfort.

14. Liz Crusberg Liz Crusberg says:

Yes Colleen Jeffers this is true

• So very sorry for your loss! !

• Oh Liz I am so sorry for the loss of sweet Cindy. I know how well the two of you remained friends all these years, even with the distance between you. I have such fond memories of the two of you together. I still remember us dancing for hours and hours at the Starwood in Hollywood. Those were great times! She was a beautiful person. My heart is with you and I am sending my prayers. God bless.

15. Regina St Brigid says:

My deepest condolences to her family and friends. She was simply just beautiful.

16. MS sucks! I’m very sorry. Sad to read this cause I have MS. I wish there was more hope for people with MS. Rip

17. David Ryan David Ryan says:

So sorry to hear this. I am glad her daily pain is gone though and she can rest in peace.

18. Tom Bowers Tom Bowers says:

I knew Cindy 30 some odd years ago. She was still as pretty now as she was then. Another part of my past slips away. God I feel old!

19. Im shocked and so sad. May she rest in peace…what a lovely person she was.

20. Harms Way Harms Way says:

Sorry to hear about their loss, prayers to the family.

21. Erik Mayne Erik Mayne says:

What heartbreaking news. Rest in peace Cindy.

22. Janet Brooks King says:

I can not believe this. My heart goes out to her family. I am terribly sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace. So sorry.

23. Leighann Faley says:

RIP Cindy. Prayers to her family.

24. God bless u and your family

25. Leighann Faley says:

RIP Cindy. Prayers to all.

26. Sad news. Condolences to her family.

27. Susan Alley says:

Cindy my dear friend, I will miss you greatly. You charmed me from the moment we met. I will forever cherish you in my heart. I will always remember our good times together and the nights we would dance all night long at the Starwood in Hollywood with Liz and Hattie. I am glad you are at peace now. You’re family will be in all my prayers, and I will continue to love you my friend, forever. ❤

28. Iron Start says:

No F—-n was Cindy was my hero in High School

29. Jason Allen Jason Allen says:

I’ve had MS for 14 years now. I Wish there was more to the story since it’s blaming MS for her death :-/

30. Mary Franco Bussio says:

I recall Cindy in her younger years working at Hughes Aircraft. She always had a bright, cheerful smile for everyone. I’m sad that she died too soon & I offer my prayers for her family.

Thursday, Jun 17, 2021
SCV Water Announces New Rate Changes And Charges
The Board of Directors approved a five-year schedule of changes to SCV Water’s rate structure on Tues, June 15
Thursday, Jun 17, 2021
Health Officer Issues Heat Alert To Last Through Saturday
The Los Angeles County Health Officer has issued a Heat Alert as high temperatures have been forecast for the following areas.
Thursday, Jun 17, 2021
Thursday COVID-19 Roundup: LA County Starts New Vaccine Sweepstakes; 28,074 Total SCV Cases
L.A. County Public Health confirmed today eight new deaths and 249 new cases of COVID-19 countywide, with 28,074 total cases in the Santa Clarita Valley.

1945 - PFC Johnny Cordova of Castaic killed in action on Okinawa [story]
Johnny Cordova
SCV Water Announces New Rate Changes And Charges
Health Officer Issues Heat Alert To Last Through Saturday
The SCV Education Foundation awarded six Hart High School District seniors $10,000 scholarships.
SCV Education Foundation Announces 2021 Scholarship Winners
Santa Clarita Public Library is inviting kids to have fun in the sun with music, movement and bubbles, with the "Bubbles and Bops" event.
SCV Public Library’s ‘Bubbles And Bops’ Adds More Days, Parks
SCV for Change is scheduled to host a Juneteenth event Saturday evening at Central Park featuring live music, a chalk art walk, tie dye station and raffle.
Juneteenth Picnic Set For Saturday At Central Park
SCV Water’s quick and proactive response to removing per- and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS) chemicals in its groundwater supply received top honors as the Best Environmental Project from the American Public Works Association (APWA) – High Desert Branch.
SCV Water Honored for PFAS Water Treatment Plant
I began working for my local veterinarian when I was in high school and remained at that job until I left for college.
Herd Immunity Isn’t Just For Humans I Marcia Mayeda
With restrictions easing in California and LA County, The Santa Clarita City Council is returning to fully in-person meetings starting with the meeting scheduled for Tues, June 22 at 6 p.m.
City Council to Resume In Person Public Participation
The Santa Clarita Planning Commission unanimously approved five single-story apartment units Tuesday for low-income single mothers and their children in Newhall.
Commission Approves Single Mother Housing
First responders, family and friends gathered Thursday to celebrate the life and service of firefighter Tory Carlon, who was shot and killed at Fire Station 81 in Agua Dulce June 1.
‘Your Legacy Will Live On’: Community Vigil Honors Firefighter Tory Carlon
1890 - 18-day murder trial of Castaic's W.C. Chormicle and W.A. Gardner ends in acquittal [story]
William Chormicle
The city of Santa Clarita’s tourism advisory board held its quarterly meeting Tuesday to hear updates on the city’s tourism advertising, special events and other economic development updates.
City Tourism Board Hears Recent Economic Development Efforts
L.A. County Public Health confirmed today five new deaths and 226 new cases of COVID-19 countywide, with 28,068 total cases in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Wednesday COVID-19 Roundup: LA County Updates Travel Guidelines; 28,068 Total SCV Cases
In a combination of extreme heat, low humidity, and record draught conditions Angeles National Forest fire danger level is being raised to "Very High" effective July 16.
Angeles Forest Fire Danger Raised To Very High
As summer temps are rising The Cube, Ice and Entertainment Center is opening public skating sessions.
The Cube Opens Public Ice Skating Sessions
The first annual "Cars Under the Stars" is coming to The Westfield Town Center for the benefit of the WiSh foundation.
“Cars Under The Stars” Debuts In July
College of the Canyons will be the only community college in the state to offer a Low Observable, stealth, coatings application program, this fall.
College Of The Canyons: First In State To Launch Low Observable Training Program
Santa Clarita city officials announced Railroad Avenue will be getting the rehab treatment starting next week.
City to Refurbish Railroad Avenue
Governor Gavin Newsom visited Six Flags Magic Mountain Wednesday to celebrate the state’s reopening.
Newsom Visits Magic Mountain As State Reopens
Firefighters returned to the scene of an earlier balcony fire at a Newhall apartment complex Tuesday night after the fire reignited.
Firefighters Put Out Second Fire at Newhall Apartment Complex
A man who was arrested in connection with an alleged road rage incident that ended with deputies using their tasers has reportedly been arrested five times since March 2020.
Suspect Connected to Road-Rage Investigation Arrested Five Times Since Last March
Homicide Investigators are continuing their investigation of the circumstance surrounding an unknown cause of death in Canyon Country, officials said Wednesday.
LASD Update Info Regarding Body Found Near Camp Plenty Tuesday