Sunny
Sunny

July 3
1925 - By letter, Wyatt Earp beseeches his friend William S. Hart to portray him in a movie, to correct the "lies about me." Hart never did. [story]
Hart-Wyatt Earp

[KHTS] – A Santa Clarita man who was killed in a fatal traffic collision last week has been identified by coroner’s officials.

James Arthur Lackman, 31, of Santa Clarita, has been identified as the jogger who allegedly ran out in onto Whites Canyon Road and was hit by a car, said Lt. Fred Corral with the Los Angeles County Department of Coroner’s office.

fatal080615“It sounds like he ran out into traffic. He was jogging on the side of the roadway, as cars were driving down Whites Canyon Road, he ran across the street,” said Detective Thomas Brooks of the SCV Sheriff’s Station. “The first car swerved around him and he was hit by a second car.”

Shortly after the collision, emergency officials transported Lackman to Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Corral said.

A full autopsy is scheduled to take place in the next few days, Corral said.

The crash occurred on Whites Canyon Road, north of Nadal Street near Canyon High School, around 12:06 a.m. on August 6.

“They believe he was possibly intoxicated,” Brooks said, adding that Coroner’s officials will be able determine if the man was intoxicated when a toxicology report is completed.

This incident is continuing to be investigated by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

1. Lidia Jung Lidia Jung says:

May he rest in peace, my most sincere condolences to his family.

2. Larry Perez Larry Perez says:

He was the son of my DR. Vernan lackman praying for him and his family

3. Mary Perez Mary Perez says:

Oh how sad I know Dr Lackman he’s my moms & aunts Dr

4. Angel Reyes Angel Reyes says:

So young so sad, prayers to him and his family

5. May he rest in peace. Our sincere condolences to Dr. Lackman and his family.

6. Love you James you will be missed ❤️

7. Marilyn Moreno says:

So sad but not surprising. I live very close to that tragic spot and see speeding, blowing through stop signs, and complete lack of attention from drivers. An elementary and middle schools are very close to Canyon High so MANY CHILDREN walk those residential streets that are used as SPEEDWAYS constantly. We need the police to show a greater understanding of a watchful eye. Everyone will slow down if there is a sheriff’s vehicle cruising around.

8. Nubia Santizo is this his son?

9. Dr.Lackman, My heart and prayers go out to your Family! Wonderful doctor…. My condolences. May God give you strength through this difficult time 🙏

10. Thoughts and prayers to his family. Dr Lackman is a wonderful person. My heart aches for him.

11. May the faith of the family and loved ones sustain them in this time…

12. Yaeko Tsuboi Yaeko Tsuboi says:

lost young life. sorry.

13. Poor dr. Lackman!! So sorry for this tragic loss!

14. Shirley says:

Santa Clarita and Valencia are terrible when it comes to people speeding, texting, eating…they do everything but drive safely. Everyone is always in a damn rush.

• Marilyn Moreno says:

Exactly my point. Everyone needs to multitask while driving, I see it while I’m driving very defensively.

15. Dillon Price Dillon Price says:

Dr. Lackman is my dr. My sincere condolences to you. So sorry to hear this

16. Melissa Lackman is the mother and a wonderful person, she gives many hours of time to The ARTree as a valuable board member.
    My God be with you and your family in this time of need.

Bob Hernandez
    President The ARTYree

17. Melissa Lackman is the mother and a wonderful person, she gives many hours of time to The ARTree as a valuable board member.
    May God be with you and your family in this time of need.

Bob Hernandez
    President The ARTree

18. Chris Price Chris Price says:

Prayers go out to you and your family dr lack man I am so sorry if there is anything I can do please let me know

19. Rosa Hernandez Mary Kline

20. Rosa Hernandez Mary Kline

21. What a terrible loss. Prayers for his famously

22. Jeanne says:

My mom Marjorie Marten was his patient and just loved Dr. Lackman. Such a good caring Doctor.

She passed in Feb. this year but would have been so upset for him.

Our prayers go out to the whole family.

23. Patti and Ted Koscheski says:

It is such a terrible tragedy and family loss. You are all in our prayers.

24. So what really happend