The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors has published the agenda for their Tuesday, December 3 meeting starting at 9:30 a.m.
Supervisor Kathryn Barger, who represents the county’s Fifth District including the Santa Clarita Valley, will take the gavel as the board’s new Chair.
In her first speech as Chair, Barger is slated to outline a set of goals for her tenure, focused on the county’s youth.
The Supervisors will also elect a new Chair Pro Tem for 2019-2020 during the Tuesday meeting.
Among the other agenda items, the Supervisors will observe a moment of silence and prayer of remembrance in memory of the 1,460 Los Angeles County residents who passed away in 2016 with their identities still unknown or remains unclaimed and set to be buried in the County Cemetery on December 4.
The meeting will be streamed live here.
More December 3 meeting agenda highlights follow (see the complete December 3 meeting agenda here):
Presentations & Proclamations:
- * A moment of silence and prayer of remembrance in memory of the 1,460 Los Angeles County residents who passed away with their identities unknown or remains unclaimed and set to be buried in the County Cemetery on December 4th, 2019
- * The Los Angeles Rams and United Way of Greater Los Angeles, in recognition of “Game Plan for Giving”
- * West Covina Beautiful, in recognition of their dedication to keeping the community of West Covina a beautiful place to live, work, play, and thrive
- * Reorganizational meeting and election of Chair Pro Tem for 2019-20
- * Mortgage Revenue Bonds for Multifamily Housing in the City of Carson (1-D)
- * Sponsoring Legislation to Create Financial Incentives to Build Transit-Oriented Affordable Housing (Item 2)
- * Leveraging and Coordinating Green Infrastructure Funding: Creating the WHAM Committee (Item 4)
- * Enhancing Alternative Work Locations in Los Angeles County (Item 5)
- * Departmental Assignments and Commission Appointments Made by the Chair of the Board (Item 7)
- * Cancellation of Meetings of the Board of Supervisors (Item 8)
- * Addressing the Shortage of Mental Health Beds II (Item 9, Report)
- * Los Angeles County Welcomes Refugees (Item 11)
- * Interim and Affordable Housing at 1060 North Vignes Street (Item 12)
Children and Families’ Well-Being:
- * Locate and Recover Commercially Sexually Exploited Children Agreement (Item 22)
- * Child Abuse Prevention, Intervention and Treatment Service Contract Amendments (Item 24)
Ordinance for Adotion:
- * County Code, Title 15 – Vehicles and Traffic, Sherbourne Drive Preferential Parking District Amendment (Item 40)
- * Los Angeles County Fire District 911 Firefighter/Paramedic Emergency Response Measure (Item 50)