Do you want to make a difference and do some good in the neighborhood Friday, July 26 – Saturday, July 27?
Join Family Promise of Santa Clarita Valley as it helps low-income and homeless children and their families shop for school and cleaning supplies, toiletries and clothes. Kids, teens and adults of all ages can volunteer.
Family Promise of SCV is a nonprofit that brings shelter, meals, and support services to families without homes. Family Promise is a cost-efficient, effective community response to family homelessness.
– Gather supplies through friends and company connections
– Sort Wednesday through Friday, July 24 – 26
– Transport and unpack: Friday, July 26, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
– Help families shop, and restock supplies
– Pack, clean up and transport (day of event) from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Our address: 24551 Valley St, Newhall, CA, 91321. We are accepting donations now until Friday, July 26. Donations can be dropped off at this address and we will store the items in our bins beforehand.
The Back to School Shopping Event will be held Saturday, July 27, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and will take place at Valencia United Methodist Church, located at 25718 McBean Parkway, Valencia, 91355.
Family Promise will have a list of low-income and homeless families from Family Promise, Bridge to Home, Single Mother’s Outreach, Domestic Violence Center/family Center, and the five school districts of SCV.
Family Promise is seeking donations of the following:
– School Supplies: Backpacks, 1 and 2 inch Binders, pee chee type folders, index/subject dividers, pencil holders, pencils, markers, scotch tape, erasers, rulers, white-out tape, highlighters, glue stick, calculators, insulated lunch bags, plastic water bottle.
– Clothing: New packaged underwear for boys & girls, socks for all ages and genders, new or gently used clothing for Teen’s and Pre-teens.
– Gift cards: *Gas, food, restaurants, Walmart, Target, 99c store, Dollar Tree, grocery stores, prepaid phone cards.
For more information, contact Olga Zapata, Lead Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or Executive Director Dr. Roché Vermaak, at (661) 251-2868.
To signup for the event, click here.