Los Angeles County will convene more than 500 key stakeholders engaged in the Countywide Homeless Initiative at the second annual Homeless Initiative Conference in downtown Los Angeles on Thursday, February 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
As the first anniversary of the landmark passage of Measure H approaches, the dynamic forum — entitled “Partnership and Innovation to Combat and Prevent Homelessness” — will bring together thought leaders and experts from county departments, cities, homeless service providers, foundations, business, faith organizations, academics, coalitions, and formerly homeless residents to demonstrate the progress of the Homeless Initiative and build on the momentum of this watershed movement.
Panels will feature on-the-ground experiences and lessons learned around the rollout of Measure H strategies, diverse partnerships and innovative solutions to the regional homeless crisis.
Interactive breakout sessions will address critical issues including pathways to build additional stock of supportive housing; outreach and engagement; prevention and diversion endeavors; programs to break the cycle of homelessness and incarceration; and a roundtable with youths with lived experience.
Panelists will include:
* Honorable Sheila Kuehl, Chair, Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors
* Honorable Hilda Solis, Los Angeles County Supervisor
* Honorable Mark-Ridley Thomas, Los Angeles County Supervisor
* Honorable Kathryn Barger, Los Angeles County Supervisor
* Sachi A. Hamai, Chief Executive Officer, Los Angeles County
* Phil Ansell, Director, Los Angeles County Homeless Initiative
* Chris Ko, Director, Homeless Initiatives, United Way of Greater Los Angeles
* Peter Lynn, Executive Director, Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority
* Stakeholders and partners from municipalities, community-based organizations, homeless service providers, faith-based organizations
* Homeless neighbors with lived experience
The panel will take place at The Center at Cathedral Plaza, 555 W. Temple Street, Los Angeles 90012.
For more information on Los Angeles County’s Homeless Initiative, visit http://homeless.lacounty.gov.