SACRAMENTO – Among the bills Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. signed Thursday were two authored by Assemblyman Dante Acosta (R-Santa Clarita).
AB 1172 paves the way for Santa Clarita to assume control of the section of State Highway 14U aka Sierra Highway that passes through city limits, and AB 539 expands the use of search warrants in gathering evidence of a crime.
Gov. Brown also signed the following bills passed during the recent legislative session:
• AB 184 by Assemblymember Marc Berman (D-Menlo Park) – Sea level rise planning: database.
• AB 333 by Assemblymember Bill Quirk (D-Hayward) – State Highway Route 185: relinquishment: County of Alameda.
• AB 415 by Assemblymember David Chiu (D-San Francisco) – CalFresh: employment social enterprises.
• AB 466 by Assemblymember Raul Bocanegra (D-Pacoima) – Upper Los Angeles River and Tributaries Working Group.
• AB 563 by Assemblymember Joaquin Arambula (D-Fresno) – CalFresh Employment and Training program.
• AB 579 by Assemblymember Heath Flora (R-Ripon) – Apprenticeship: fire protection: firefighter pre-apprenticeship program.
• AB 658 by Assemblymember Marie Waldron (R-Escondido) – Clinical laboratories.
• AB 659 by Assemblymember Sebastian Ridley-Thomas (D-Los Angeles) – Medi-Cal: reimbursement rates.
• AB 720 by Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman (D-Stockton) – Inmates: psychiatric medication: informed consent.
• AB 790 by Assemblymember Mark Stone (D-Scotts Valley) – Identification cards: replacement: reduced fee.
• AB 794 by Assemblymember James M. Gallagher (R-Yuba City) – County officers: recorder: record correction.
• AB 908 by Assemblymember Matthew M. Dababneh (D-Encino) – Hospitals: seismic safety.
• AB 1625 by Assemblymember Blanca E. Rubio (D-Baldwin Park) – Inoperable parking meters.
• AB 1725 by the Committee on Local Government – Local agency formation.
• AB 1729 by the Committee on Elections and Redistricting – Examination of petitions.
• SB 112 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – State government.
• SB 282 by Senator Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) – CalFresh and CalWORKs.
• SB 313 by Senator Robert M. Hertzberg (D-Van Nuys) – Advertising: automatic renewal and continuous service offers.
• SB 372 by Senator Anthony J. Cannella (R-Ceres) – San Joaquin River Exchange Contractors Groundwater Sustainability Agency.
• SB 403 by Senator Anthony J. Cannella (R-Ceres) – Sale of county courthouses.
• SB 492 by Senator Jim Beall (D-San Jose) – Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District: purchase of property: San Jose Water Company.
• SB 534 by Senator Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) – California Victim Compensation Board: claims.
• SB 569 by Senator William W. Monning (D-Carmel) – Insurance: disasters: identification of insurer.
• SB 598 by Senator Ben Hueso (D-San Diego) – Public utilities: gas and electric service disconnections.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
• AB 532 by Assemblymember Marie Waldron (R-Escondido) – Drug courts: drug and alcohol assistance. A veto message can be found here.
• SB 596 by Senator Henry Stern (D-Agoura Hills) – Civics education: Student Empowerment Commission. A veto message can be found here.
For full text of the bills, visit http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov.