Six Flags Magic Mountain, the “Thrill Capital of the World,” lights up the season even brighter this year during its annual holiday extravaganza, Holiday in the Park.
With more than two million lights and seven uniquely themed areas, the park will transform into a spectacularly lit winter wonderland for guests to enjoy this holiday season.
The event, which began Nov. 23, will expand to 44 nights—the most ever presented—through Jan. 5.
Holiday in the Park begins each day at 5:00 p.m., signaled by the first falling snow of the evening.
In addition, Six Flags Magic Mountain is bringing back the popular holiday-themed food festival, Taste of the Holidays, Dec. 14-29. From traditional holiday-inspired culinary delights to surprising and unique taste-bud-tempting, non-traditional treats, guests will find a wide variety of specialty holiday foods that run the gamut between delicious main courses and mouth-watering desserts.
“We are thrilled to once again present this magical, annual holiday event for all to enjoy,” said Park President Neal Thurman. “Now in its sixth year, Holiday in the Park offers many Six Flags holiday traditions our guests over the years have come to love, and for 2019 we are adding more days so that holiday revelers have more opportunities to visit. With well over two million lights, snowfall around the park, exciting holiday entertainment, and many delicious one-of-a-kind seasonal treats, including our Taste of the Holidays Food Festival, we are proud to present our annual winter spectacular.”
Park guests will experience seven innovative, immersive and one-of-a-kind Holiday in the Park themed areas, including:
• Merry Lane, located in Metropolis featuring thousands of twinkling lights synchronized to holiday music and magnificent, larger-than-life 30-foot brilliant lit walk through ornaments. To add to the holiday festivities, families can roast marshmallows over a fire pit;
• Santa’s Cottage is home to the jolly man with the white beard and red suit, along with crafts with Mrs. Claus and her merry elves. Visit Santa in his home next to Bugs Bunny World every Holiday in the Park operating day beginning at 1:00 p.m. until Dec. 24;
• Take a step back in time in the Gleampunk District: A Steampunk Holiday experience. Thousands of lights will illuminate the tree-lined streets and planters of the largest themed area of Holiday in the Park. Guests will be transported into the 19th century with the sights and sounds of the industrial revolution. On the façade of Gearworks Theater, a fantastic journey will take revelers on a video adventure into the inner workings of the Steampunk Candy and Toy Factory. Additionally, guests will want a one-of-a-kind photo in an iconic steampunk sleigh;
• As guests enter Holiday in the Park, the Six Flags Plaza area will be transformed into Holiday Square with a kaleidoscope of breath-taking color, featuring hundreds of thousands of lights on trees and buildings throughout the area while snowflakes delight guests as they enter this magical scene;
• Snowy Nights, the live holiday show, will feature contemporary music and themed dancers on the Full Throttle stage;
• Spiced-up holiday treats, falling snow and larger-than-life toy soldiers will be the focal point in the Winter Wonderland area, beginning on the midway past Viper and extending up through the Mining Town area of the park; and
• DC Universe comes to life as Rockin’ Universe, featuring three dancing light shows, each customized to contemporary holiday music. As one of the largest programmed light shows on the West coast, each five-minute display will include multiple lighting variations with tens of thousands of lights synchronized to holiday musical favorites.
Holiday in the Park Operating Hours and Days:
10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. – Nov. 23 – 30, Dec. 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21- 29
10:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. – Dec. 30, 31, Jan. 1-5
12:00 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Dec. 2-6, 9-13, 16-20
For more information on Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Holiday in the Park, visit www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
Six Flags Magic Mountain 2020 Season Passes are currently on sale. For a limited time, get a free upgrade to Gold with the purchase of four or more Magic Mountain Season Passes. Gold Passes include admission to Hurricane Harbor (Los Angeles and Phoenix), as well as any other Six Flags-branded theme park, plus free parking, special admission offers for friends, and many food and retail discounts. Additional Season Pass perks include park admission to Fright Fest, Holiday in the Park. Season Passes are valid now through all of 2020 with no blackout dates.
Six Flags Membership program offers guests a wide range of our most valuable benefits including preferred parking every visit, unlimited soft drinks, 50% off almost all food and merchandise in the park, and exclusive perks that are only available to Members. Members also receive priority entry, special appreciation days and exclusive ride times on some of their favorite rides and attractions.
For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
Members who sign up for Six Flags Membership Rewards, the company’s loyalty program exclusive to Members, earn points for almost everything they do at the park. Points can be redeemed for free food, merchandise, and special experiences.
Season Passes and Memberships can be purchased at the Season Pass and Membership Sales Center or save time and buy online at sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with $1.5 billion in revenue and 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Follow us on Twitter @sfmagicmountain.