Newhall School District administrators will host an information/enrollment meeting for families that may be affected by the possible closure of the Einstein Academy at Stevenson Ranch Elementary School on Wednesday, March 21, starting at 6:30 p.m.
Officials cite reasons why parents should consider enrolling their student children in a Newhall District school:
• Massive instrumental and choral music program
• Credentialed visual arts teachers
• Dedicated science labs
• 1:1 computer to student ratio in grades 3-6, all day, every day
• State-the-art performance venue (Newhall Family Theater for the Performing Arts) for all schools
• Mathematics, reading and writing programs that put Newhall at the forefront of the SCV, county and state
The good news is that parents don’t have to pay for any of these to be a part of the District that has the highest state test scores in every grade and subject for the last three years, district officials said in a statement Friday.
NSD parents are very involved in supporting their children’s education. In the 2016-17 alone, parents gave 75,881 hours of volunteer time and raised $438,382. More than 46,000 attended school events put on by staff, PTAs and foundations.
NSD students are excited and engaged every day because they are put in charge of their learning.
To see the NSD’s state test results, visit the district’s website, where parents may also watch a video produced by NSD students that tells parents and prospective students what to expect in Newhall schools.