The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health cautions residents who are planning to visit the following Los Angeles County beaches to avoid swimming, surfing and playing in ocean waters due to bacterial levels exceeding health standards when last tested.
Beach areas warnings:
– Marie Canyon Storm Drain at Puerco Beach
100 yards up and down the coast from the public access steps.
– Topanga Canyon Beach in Malibu
100 yards up and down the coast from the creek.
– Malibu Point at Surfrider Beach
100 yards up and down the coast from lifeguard tower #3.
– Malibu Lagoon State Beach at Surfrider Beach
100 yards up and down the coast from the public restrooms.
– Mothers Beach in Marina Del Rey
The entire swim area.
– Santa Monica Pier in Santa Monica
100 yards up and down the coast from the pier.
Beach areas now cleared:
Warnings have been lifted for the following beach areas where recent sample results identified water quality levels within State standards:
– Inner Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro
Recorded information on beach conditions is available 24- hours a day on the County’s beach closure hotline: 1-800- 525-5662. To view the map of impacted locations and for more information, please visit PublicHealth.LACounty.gov/Beach/.