Partly sunny
Partly sunny

December 6
1864 - Actor William S. Hart born in Newburgh, New York [Hart Index]
Wm. S. Hart

Photo: Stephanie Elizabeth Allen

Photo: Stephanie Elizabeth Allen

[KHTS] – A Canyon Country woman has been arrested on murder charges after allegedly shooting a man in the head early Sunday morning.

Deputies responded to a call involving a domestic dispute around 5:30 a.m., a Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station official said Sunday.

Authorities arrived at the 18000 block of Danielson Street and found one woman and two injured men.

Both victims were taken to a local hospital, where one man was pronounced dead from a gunshot wound to the head and the other had injuries consistent with a graze wound to the head, according to Santa Clarita Sheriff’s Station Deputies.

Los Angeles Homicide detectives took over the investigation around 11 a.m. and later arrested the woman.danielson010815

The identities of those involved have not been released, and the investigation is ongoing.

1. Hey Laura Catherine Pearce and Michael O’Neal remember when you lived here like a week ago….

2. Vickie Walker Edwards Jacob Wood

3. Hummm, stress and money problems maybe. If he was a rapist or bulgar, then there is one less to worry about. Let’s see.

4. Gary Wanjon Gary Wanjon says:

I’m confused what the hell is going on in Santa Clarita!!!

5. Ml Arney Ml Arney says:

Which complex is that? I can’t tell. When I first moved to CA I lived at The Colony because I had to find a place online and couldn’t go apt hunting in person. Was outta there the minute our lease was up!

6. Ashley Melissa Zetina

7. It was a mentally ill problem.

8. Sonya Rowin Sonya Rowin says:

Off Jakes Way/Sandy Dr,

9. Bryan Acevedo wth.

10. Sandy Pinzon good thing u moved out of there

11. Sandra Barajas Amanda Guzman

12. What is going on in this town???

13. Theresa Love Theresa Love says:

Corey Lee Chaisson look smh

14. She ruined her life. I hope she enjoys being locked up with her kind & worse.

15. Rocio Garcia Rosalia Virues

16. That area is the projects of canyon county theses days so sad

17. Jason Rueck Jason Rueck says:

Crazy chick in Santa Clarita.?.?. Whhaaaaaaaaattt.?.?.? Get outta here…. :-/

18. Leticia Mijares thank goodness you moved!!!

19. Well before we judge we need to know the cause of the shooting, if any mofós try breaking into my house for robbery,kidnapping my child or trying to rape me… I would be shooting those mofós too.

20. Well before we judge we need to know the cause of the shooting, if any mofós try breaking into my house for robbery,kidnapping my child or trying to rape me… I would be shooting those mofós too.

21. Canyon Country was a fun place to live when I was growing up. I still have the best of friends for life from there. We were always on foot, the bus or getting rides from friends before we bought our own cars. However nowhere is particularly safe now.
    What I learned at one of my NRA classes called: “Refuse to be a Victim” is to be aware. Be aware of what and who are around us at all times. Since this appears to be a dispute at 5:30am, we’ll have to wait for the investigation to know the facts.

22. Canyon Country was a fun place to live when I was growing up. I still have the best of friends for life from there. We were always on foot, the bus or getting rides from friends before we bought our own cars. However nowhere is particularly safe now.

23. msc545 says:

I can’t wait to hear the excuses…

“He threatened me!” or…

“He was abusive to me!”

24. When we moved out here 12 years ago, we rented an apartment for 8 months on Jakes Way while our new home was being built. We did not know anything about this area of Cyn. Country. Boy did we soon find out! Wow…we sure have some crazy stories. Craig Jesse Jake

25. When we moved out here 12 years ago, we rented an apartment for 8 months on Jakes Way while our new home was being built. We did not know anything about this area of Cyn. Country. Boy did we soon find out! Wow…we sure have some crazy stories. Craig Jesse Jake

26. Unless you were there or personally know their situation you have NO IDEA how or why this happened. It is absurd that so many people are jumping to conclusions. Immediately think the worst and start the blame game?! How about instead of being a**holes we realize that families are suffering through this loss from many angles! Come on guys, Find the kindness in your heart!

27. Unless you were there or personally know their situation you have NO IDEA how or why this happened. It is absurd that so many people are jumping to conclusions. Immediately think the worst and start the blame game?! How about instead of being a**holes we realize that families are suffering through this loss from many angles! Come on guys, Find the kindness in your heart!

28. the news said she shot her father & brother.

29. the news said she shot her father & brother.

30. Time to get out of dodge.

31. Joey C Bavle Joey C Bavle says:

Two victims both with gun shot wounds to the head?sound like self defense to me……projects sniper

32. Ficus locos Christina Palmieri-Warren Tim Perez Megan Perez lol

33. Joey C Bavle Joey C Bavle says:

We need Jesus on Jake’s way

34. Lately Santa Clarita seems to be getting on a dangerous side….grew up a newhalller

35. We just moved here but it looks like as soon as our lease is up we are getting out of dodge . We have to wait until this October, can’t come soon enough!!!!

36. damn i lived right there on danielson where that white sub is way back in the pic

37. Jakes way was a problem in the 80’s when first built..Thanks to HUD housing. However, there was a fair amount on crime back then that was not made public. Reason? At one time we were one of the safest city’s in the country. If it did not make the news, it Never happened! I like the fact that today we are more informed.

38. You can almost always assume it’s near Jakes Way

39. Santa Clarita Valley Signal has an update.

40. norma greenback says:

That was her brother and her dad she shot. She has mental issues.

41. I currently reside in this complex. There’s a serious issue with the management company and it’s a high crime area. Riverpark apartments is not a safe or sanatary place to live. It’s infested with roaches and rodents. Thank goodness I’ll be vacating soon. I’m deeply sorry to hear tht someone has lost their life. Very sad and my prayers are with the family.

42. I was in the complex when that happened… It’s a two minute walk from my boyfriends apparent

43. Lisa Keating Lisa Keating says:

Our dear friend had died. This is a shock to all of our friends and his family. Please pray for the family for comfort in this time of need.

44. The news said it was her brother & dad she shot. Sad family matter. Yikes.

45. Bob Kurfurst Bob Kurfurst says:

Santa Clarita is just an extension of L.A.

46. Rocio Garcia Rocio Garcia says:

No manches tantas cosas que pasan y nadanas alrededor de tu casa :-D

47. Janeth Peña so glad I moved this chick used to be obsessed with my roommate and in my apt all the time

48. All u people sound stupid
    Domestic violence happens all over the world not just santa clarita u fools and it has nothing to do with gang violence duh

49. Scott Burke Scott Burke says:

Nothing ever happens in SCV

50. Wats going on in awesome town

51. Don Teller Don Teller says:

Show me anywhere domestic violence doesn’t happen.

52. David Kelly David Kelly says:

This is my dear friend, the jokes are too soon and not okay.

• Erica Craig Erica Craig says:

I went to this exact neighborhood all the time to hangout before I moved here. I recognized the buildings immediately-_- super sorry for your loss

53. David Kelly David Kelly says:

This is my dear friend, the jokes are too soon and not okay.

• Erica Craig Erica Craig says:

54. Jose Rogel im telling u man
    U need to get outta canyon

55. Jose Rogel im telling u man
    U need to get outta canyon

56. I miss when Jake ‘ s way was not a part of santa clarita ‘ s map. Crime rates plummeted

57. Vanessasells4u@aol.com says:

When the story first released yesterday it said she shot and killed her brother and also shot her dad. Very sad for the victims and for her.

58. Raise the rent in canyon country and get rid of the parasites

59. Alison Stapf says:

My apartment is LITERALLY across the street and slightly down the road…SMH…

60. Oh see there is nothing wrong here in Santa Clarita said the blind man. These issues have been ignored since the 1990’s. It’s too late to save them now. what happened to safety and prevention?

61. Ilyene Nieto Ilyene Nieto says:

This was my son and daughter. Please don’t be judgmental and ugly.

62. Man anything can happen any where. Santa Clarita has always swept it’s trash under the rug. More or less a drug haven for teens. Teens turn to young adults who commit crime. With that being said it’s still safer than most places around So Cal

63. Don Hoffman Don Hoffman says:

It’s always Jakes Way or American Beauty …..

64. Don Hoffman Don Hoffman says:

It’s always Jakes Way or American Beauty …..

65. norma greenback says:

This was a family dispute. Mental Illness was the cause.

66. Lanna Ng Lanna Ng says:

CC getting ratchet

67. Corey Miron Corey Miron says:

Brittany Covello Samir Saba

68. Samir Saba Samir Saba says:

Yea we could watch it out are,window

69. The block is hot.. Mike Loe Ian Witham Nicholas Evison

70. Of course there is going to be high crime over near the freeways. You have the av in the north and sfv in the south. Bound to happen over time.

71. Of course there is going to be high crime over near the freeways. You have the av in the north and sfv in the south. Bound to happen over time.

Friday, Dec 3, 2021
City Invites Community to Central Park Buildout Groundbreaking
The Santa Clarita City Council will take a major step toward enhancing one of the city of Santa Clarita’s landmark amenities by holding a groundbreaking ceremony for the Central Park Buildout project on Monday, Dec. 6.
Friday, Dec 3, 2021
Friday COVID Roundup: Cases Among People Experiencing Homelessness Declines for 2nd Month in a Row
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health officials confirmed Friday 17 new deaths and 1,942 new cases of COVID-19 countywide, with 39,281 total cases in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Friday, Dec 3, 2021
Santa Clarita Community College District Board of Trustees Undergoing Redistricting
The Board of Trustees of the Santa Clarita Community College District is undergoing the redistricting process, and community members will have the opportunity to comment on revised trustee area boundaries at two upcoming public hearings.

1864 - Actor William S. Hart born in Newburgh, New York [Hart Index]
Wm. S. Hart
1938 - Supervisors award construction contract for jail at Wayside Farms in Castaic (later called Pitchess Detention Center). [story]
Wayside
1962- Actress and future Soledad Canyon big-cat rescuer Tippi Hedren, "Hitchcock's New Grace Kelly," makes cover of Look magazine for upcoming thriller, "The Birds" [story]
Tippi Hedren
City Invites Community to Central Park Buildout Groundbreaking
The city of Santa Clarita Planning Commission will hold its regular meeting Tuesday, Dec. 7 at 6:00 p.m.
Dec. 7: Planning Commission Regular Meeting
The first cohort of the College of the Canyons Low Observable Technician Pathway graduated on Nov. 23. 2021 at a special ceremony held at the college’s culinary arts center.
COC’s First Low Observable Technician Pathway Cohort Graduates
The California Highway Patrol joins the American Occupational Therapy Association in recognizing Dec. 6 through Dec. 10, 2021, as Older Driver Safety Awareness Week.
Dec. 6-10: 2021 Older Driver Safety Awareness Week
On Wednesday, Dec. 1, College of the Canyons held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Don Takeda Science Center, which is named in honor of longtime biology instructor Don Takeda, who retired in 2017.
COC Holds Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Don Takeda Science Center
To help ring in the holiday season, Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger hosted her annual party for foster youth served by the Department of Children and Family Services and their foster families at Six Flags Magic Mountain on Saturday, Dec. 4.
Supervisor Barger Hosts Annual Foster Youth Holiday Party at Six Flags
The Los Angeles County Lake Lifeguards begin the search for potential new lifeguard candidates with the Lake Lifeguard Test Saturday, Dec. 4 at the Castaic Aquatic Center.
Dec. 4: Lake Lifeguard Test Starts at the Castaic Aquatic Center
1887 - Prohibitionist Henry Needham purchases land in Newhall, attempts to establish "dry" colony [story]
H.C. Needham
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has received confirmation of its first case of COVID-19 with mutations consistent with the new Omicron variant (B.1.1.529).
Thursday COVID Roundup: First Case of Omicron Detected in L.A. County
Andrew Ghassemi, senior vice president of Spectrum Commercial Real Estate, Inc., is pleased to announce the recent sale of a Class-A office building in Valencia.
Spectrum Real Estate Closes on $3.5M Sale of Valencia Office Building
Metro Los Angeles celebrated the groundbreaking Wednesday for the I-5 North County Enhancements Project, which will improve the operations and safety of the I-5 freeway for motorists in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Interstate 5 Improvement Project Breaks Ground in Santa Clarita
Do you take the easy route with a bag and tissue paper because your wrapping job looks like a crumpled mess?
Learn How to Wrap Gifts Like a Pro Thanks to JCI Santa Clarita
Commercial driver’s licenses, learner’s permits, endorsements and special certificates expiring between March 2020 and February 2022, are automatically extended through Feb. 28, 2022, the California Department of Motor Vehicles announced Thursday.
DMV Extending Commercial Driver’s Licenses, Learner’s Permits
1972 - Five wounded in Vagos biker gang shooting at Curtis & JoAnne Darcy's Acton '49er Saloon [story]
Darcys 49er
We are in the home stretch of the holiday season. I hope you have made plans to safely celebrate with family and friends. I also want to encourage you to keep safety in mind when shopping for that perfect gift for your loved ones.
City Manager’s Monthly Message – December 2021
La Mesa Junior High 8th graders will soon be building water bottle rockets as part of their science program, thanks to funding from California Credit Union through its Fall 2021 Teacher Grant program.
La Mesa Teacher Wins Fall 2021 Teacher Grant
Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control is celebrating the 'Paw"lidays by offering the gift of a new furry friend.
Adoption Fees Waived Through End of the Year
Santa Clarita Artists Association is pleased to showcase an oil painting demo by Sharon Weaver on Feb. 21, 2022.
Artists Association Presents Oil Painting Showcase With Sharon Weaver