The City of Santa Clarita invites residents to enjoy the holiday season with a series of festive events in December. From visits with Santa to holiday swing dancing, there’s seasonal fun for all ages at the following events:
· Holiday Parent’s Night, Kid’s Night In – From 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday, December 4, 2015, parents can take the night off to shop or play while the kiddos (ages five to 12) enjoy a night of supervised fun at the Canyon Country Community Center (CCCC). Cost $18 (NR $23) per child. To register, contact CCCC at (661) 290-2266. The Canyon Country Community Center is located at 18792 Flying Tiger Drive.
· Hot Cocoa and Movies – From 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 5, residents can enjoy a free afternoon of short film screenings including, “Shrek the Halls,” “Merry Madagascar” and “Ice Age, A Mammoth Christmas Special,” as well as crafts and hot cocoa at The Centre. For more information, call (661) 250-3703. The Centre is located at 20880 Centre Pointe Parkway.
· Friends of the Santa Clarita Library Gingerbread House Contest – Santa Clarita community members are invited to roll up their sleeves and show off their decorating talents at the annual Gingerbread House Contest. Entries must be dropped off at the Valencia Library between 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Friday, December 4. All gingerbread houses will be on display at the Valencia Library from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 5, and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 6. The contest is free to enter and open to all ages. Applications and contest rules can be found at SantaClaritaFOL.com and all library branch locations. The Valencia Library is located at 23743 Valencia Boulevard.
· Breakfast with Santa – On Saturday, December 12 and Sunday, December 13, The Centre will host Santa and Mrs. Claus for breakfast, holiday stories and Santa’s turbo sleigh. Doors will open at 8:00 a.m., breakfast will begin at 8:15 a.m. and Santa will arrive at 8:45 a.m. Cost is $20 (NR $25) per person. To register, call (661) 290-2261 or visit Santa-Clarita.com/Seasons.
· Holiday Swing Night – From 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., on Saturday, December 12, dance enthusiasts can enjoy free swing dancing lessons followed by social dancing until 9:00 p.m. at the Canyon Country Community Center. For more information, please call (661) 290-2266.
· Milk and Cookies with Santa – From 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 17, Santa Claus will share stories of the North Pole and share his milk and cookies at the Canyon Country Community Center for children 12 years and younger. Cost is $10 (NR $15) per child. Registration begins Friday, November 20 by calling (661) 290-2266.
· Cocoa, Cookies & Caroling – From 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Friday, December 18, residents and their families can enjoy a night of delicious treats, sing-along to classic carols and take pictures with Santa Claus at the Newhall Community Center. For more information about this event, contact Newhall Community Center at (661) 286-4006. The Newhall Community Center is located at 22421 Market Street.
· Holiday Light Tour – Santa Clarita Transit will be hosting a festive tour of some of the City’s best displays of holiday décor. The one hour tour on board the Santa Clarita Hometown Trolley will depart at 6:00 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. from Central Park on December 11, 12, 18 and 19. Tickets can be purchased upon boarding the trolley for $3 per person, or for free with the donation of a canned good. For more information, visit santaclaritatransit.com. Central Park is located at 27150 Bouquet Canyon Road.
More information about all of these events and other City events can be found at santa-clarita.com.