The city of Santa Clarita and the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Department have provided a list of street closures for Saturday, May 18, when the city will host the 2019 Amgen Tour of California cycle race’s final Stage Start.
The Women’s Race is scheduled to begin on Town Center Drive at the Westfield Valencia Town Center at 9:05 a.m., followed by the Men’s Race at 10:35 a.m.
The much-anticipated race will bring the world’s top cyclists to the city as they cycle their way east through Santa Clarita and eventually out to Pasadena for the finish line.
The race will also bring street closures to the area, and residents planning to travel on race day are advised to plan ahead by reviewing the closures.
An interactive street closure map is also available at SantaClaritaTourofCA.com.
Specific streets that intersect the race route will be closed prior to the cyclists’ arrival and will reopen after all race traffic is clear. Side-street traffic will be allowed to cross the intersections during the estimated time closures only when safe to do so.
The following streets will be temporarily closed:
* Northbound McBean Parkway from Valencia Boulevard to Copper Hill Drive (Estimated time of closure: 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
* Eastbound Copper Hill Drive from McBean Parkway to Seco Canyon Road (Estimated time of closure: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
* Eastbound and Westbound Copper Hill Drive from Seco Canyon Road to David Way (Estimated time of closure: 8:30 a.m. to noon.)
* Northbound and Southbound Bouquet Canyon Road from Plum Canyon Road to Vasquez Canyon Road (Estimated time of closure: 8:30 a.m. to noon.)
* Eastbound and Westbound Vasquez Canyon Road from Bouquet Canyon Road to Sierra Highway (Estimated time of closure: 8:50 a.m. to noon.)
* Northbound and Southbound Sierra Highway from Vasquez Canyon Road to Sand Canyon Road (Estimated time of closure: 8:50 a.m. to noon.)
* Northbound and Southbound Sand Canyon Road from Sierra Highway to Soledad Canyon Road (Estimated time of closure: 9 a.m. to noon.)
* Eastbound Soledad Canyon Road from Sand Canyon Road to Mammoth Lane (Estimated time of closure: 9 a.m. to noon.)
For real-time traffic updates on race day, follow the city of Santa Clarita on Twitter (@santaclarita). Cyclists are expected to be outside the city limits by noon, although the timing is subject to change.
The entire community is invited to cheer on the cyclists and enjoy a festival and activities, all for free.
For more information, visit SantaClaritaTourofCA.com.