An Acton man was handed a 40-year prison sentence Friday for the second-degree murder of Christopher Demyen as several family members provided tearful testimony at his killer’s sentencing hearing in Lancaster.
Scott Shipley, 57, of Acton, was found guilty back in April, after a brief trial.
After a two-hour hearing, an Acton man was ordered to stand trial on murder charges Tuesday in a Lancaster courtroom at Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Scott Shipley, 56, of Acton, is accused of first degree murder in the May 15 shooting death of 39-year-old Christopher Demyen,...
An Acton man who is accused of murder pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Antelope Valley Superior Court.
Scott Shipley, 56, whom detectives believe shot and killed another Acton man was called at around 10:45 a.m. and pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.
“The hearing itself...
An Acton man who is accused of murder is expected to appear in court next month, according to the district attorney.
Scott Shipley, 56, of Acton will be back at Los Angeles Superior Court in Lancaster after a hearing today.
“The arraignment got continued to July 24,” said Tom Trainor, deputy district...
Gov. Gavin Newsom unveiled a plan that would spend about $1.5 billion of the state’s $75.7 billion surplus in grants of up to $25,000 to support small businesses, according to state officials this week.
Fourteen-year-old Andrew Jenofsky was the first in line to get his shot at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Thursday morning, as adolescents ages 12-15 were given the go-ahead to get Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine.
Los Angeles County Public Health officials said it will review the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's newly released guidance for fully vaccinated residents in order to make adjustments to the current County and state guidelines.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released guidance Thursday indicating that people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can safely resume activities that were done prior to the pandemic.
A total of 277 single-family homes changed owners during April in the Santa Clarita Valley as the as the tight inventory rose to its highest level in five months, though remained well below year-ago totals, the Southland Regional Association of Realtors reported Thursday.
After making numerous requests for correction for failure by the County Board of Supervisors to abide by various sections of the Brown Act, the Santa Clarita Organization for Planning and the Environment was left with no option than to file a formal legal complaint.
The case against a prominent Santa Clarita Valley Realtor who had been accused of a sexual assault stemming from a Las Vegas real estate conference last summer was dismissed, a court clerk confirmed Thursday.
Santa Clarita Mayor Bill Miranda responded Tuesday to criticisms of the city of Santa Clarita Human Relations Roundtable, which was formed as a result of last summer’s protests about issues involving race relations.