The following is the recap from the City Council meeting on Tuesday, June 11, 2013:
1. Approval of meeting minutes (May 28, 2013) – Approved
2. Reading of ordinance titles – Approved
3. Bus stop improvements to 25 existing sites, and creation of a new bus stop – Approved
4. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amending the city’s current high fire zone map and adopting the new state fire zone map for the city as required by state law – Approved
5. Contract for citywide street sweeping – Approved
6. Design contract for Sierra Highway street improvements and pedestrian bridge – Approved
7. Pioneer Oil Refinery revised master plan – Approved
8. Renewal of contract for stage, sound, lighting and truss for 2013 and 2014 Concerts in the Park series – Approved
9. Maintenance contract for landscape maintenance service Valencia High School/Newhall Ranch Road slopes – Approved
10. Amendment of infrastructure reimbursement agreement – Approved
11. Second reading and adoption of ordinance updating the unified development code and zoning map – Approved
12. Check Register Nos. 10 and 11 – Approved
13. Fiscal year 2013-2014 annual operating budget and capital improvement program – Approved
14. Annual levy of assessments for special districts – Approved
15. Annual levy of assessments for open space preservation district – Approved
16. Annual public hearing regarding the stormwater pollution prevention fee and introduction and first reading of an ordinance determining the fee for fiscal year 2013-2014 – Approved
17. Annual adjustment to fees and amendments to the fee schedule – Approved
18. Nomination and appointment of commissioner to the arts commission – Mayor Pro Tem Weste nominated and City Council ratified the appointment of Patti Rasmussen to the Arts Commission.
19. Consideration of councilmember compensation – City Council approved a three percent increase.
Regular City Council meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. The next regular meeting will be on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.