- New Town of Valencia dedicated; homes sell for $25,000 [story
The City of Santa Clarita set new film records in fiscal year 2014-2015 (July 2014-June 2015) with an estimated total economic impact of $33.9 million from location filming alone. This is a 1 percent increase from last year’s $33.5 million overall economic impact. The Santa Clarita Film Office has again surpassed previous-year numbers for the fifth year in a row, making FY 2014-2015 its best to date.
Substantial growth in film permit requests confirm the City of Santa Clarita as a popular film location. The Santa Clarita Film Office processed 553 permits this fiscal year, a 4 percent rise over last year’s 531 permits and recorded 1,437 film days, a 5 percent increase over last year’s 1370 film days. Not included in the reported numbers is the film days and economic benefit from filming that takes place on certified sound stages and does not require a film permit.
More than half of the filming days for FY 2014-2015 were attributed to television production alone, many of which are local Santa Clarita based shows that currently include “Blunt Talk,” “Chasing Life,” “NCIS,” “The Player,” “Recovery Road,” “Stitchers,” “Switched at Birth” and “Westworld.”
Other productions that filmed on location in Santa Clarita last year include popular television shows such as “Criminal Minds,” “The Mentalist,” and “Sons of Anarchy” along with feature films “Chronic,” “Furious 7,” “San Andreas,” “Ted 2” and “Yoga Hosers.”
“With the increase in numbers year after year from the City’s Film Office, we are certainly living up to our ‘Hollywood North’ nickname,” said Mayor Marsha McLean. “The City is committed to keeping Santa Clarita as one of California’s best places for filming.”
Santa Clarita’s numerous sound stages, movie ranches and thousands of film-friendly locations paired with its ideal location within the ’30 Mile Zone,’ make the City one of the most filmed areas in California. Also adding to the appeal of filming in Santa Clarita is the California Film and Television Tax Credit Program and the City’s own Film Incentive Program.
For more information about the Santa Clarita Film Office please visit FilmSantaClarita.com or contact the Film Office at (661) 284-1425.
It was another record year for the Santa Clarita Film Office which just closed the books on the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year. The Film Office is proud to report the highest numbers ever in all categories since the Film Office began issuing permits in 2003. Thanks to all of the productions, locally based shows, residents and businesses that helped make the last year so successful!
- Film Permits up 4% – 553 in FY 14-15 vs. 531 in FY 13-14
- Film Days up 5% – 1437 in FY 14-15 vs. 1370 in FY 13-14
- Economic Impact up 1% – $33.9 million in FY 14-15 vs. $33.5 million in FY 13-14
The City of Santa Clarita’s Film Incentive Program (FIP), which is aimed at retaining and increasing production, continues to reward production companies for filming on location in Santa Clarita.
Launched in 2009 to coincide with California’s Film & Television Production Tax Credit Program, the City’s FIP provides refunds of basic film permit fees to locally based, recurring, and California Film & Television Production Tax Credit Program approved productions in addition to offering reduced costs for safety personnel.
Since the program’s inception, the FIP has supported more than 80 productions by providing more than $330,000 in refunds and $156,000 in savings on Sheriff fees. To date, location filming from these incentivized productions has resulted in an estimated $65.9 million in economic impact to our community!
Due to the success and popularity of the program, the Santa Clarita City Council approved extending the FIP through June 30, 2018 and increasing the subsidy cap to $75,000 per fiscal year, beginning July 1, 2015.
Numerous productions have benefitted from the City’s FIP and yours could be next!
After six incredible seasons, the sun has finally set on FX’s “Justified” which was based at Santa Clarita Studios for its entire run. The Film Office thanks the entire cast and crew for their commitment to professionalism while filming on location around town over the years and we are so proud to have been a part of this critically acclaimed series. Farewell to Raylan, Boyd and the entire Harlan County gang…you will be missed but never forgotten!
The Santa Clarita Film Office supports The Los Angeles Video Project, a community outreach multimedia program hosted by New Filmmakers Los Angeles (NFMLA). By engaging LA’s remarkable pool of filmmakers and creative minds to act and serve as Ambassadors of LA, NFMLA is able to share what these artists call their LA; an insider perspective into this diverse, cosmopolitan city and its neighborhoods.
Tell them your story in a narrative, documentary, commercial or animation format that positively highlights Los Angeles to the rest of the world. Enter a film in “On Location: The Los Angeles Video Project” and have a shot at winning over $55,000 in prizes!
If you live or work in Santa Clarita, chances are you will see something familiar next time you go to a movie theater or turn on your TV. Check out these movies and shows and see if you can spot the Santa Clarita locations!
- Blunt Talk – Season 1 (Starz) – Saturday, August 22, 2015
- Chasing Life – Season 2 (ABC Family) – Mondays
- Furious 7
- Hot Wives of Las Vegas – Season 1 (Hulu) – August 18, 2015
- The Kitchen Sink – September 4, 2015
- Love & Mercy
- Man Down – October 30, 2015
- McFarland, USA
- NCIS – Season 13 (CBS) – Tuesday, September 22, 2015
- Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse – October 30, 2015
- Stitchers – Season 1 (ABC Family) – Tuesdays
- Stockholm, Pennsylvania (Lifetime)
- The Submarine Kid – September 8, 2015
- Switched at Birth – Season 4 (ABC Family) – Monday, August 24, 2015
- Ted 2
- Twinning – Season 1 (VH1) – Wednesday, July 22, 2015
- Yoga Hosers
The Film Office is pleased to welcome two new television shows that have chosen to base their productions in Santa Clarita: ABC Family’s “Recovery Road” and NBC’s “The Player.”
Cameras are rolling at various locations throughout Santa Clarita each and every week. Here are some of the productions that have recently been shooting around town and where they filmed.
- 31: Placerita Water & Power Plant
- Life at These Speeds: Hart High
- Minutes to Midnight: Old Town Newhall, Sable Ranch
- Pee-wee’s Big Holiday: Golden Oak Ranch
- San Andreas: Mann Biomedical Park
- Sneaky Pete: Golden Oak Ranch
- Statute of Limitations: Almendra Park, El Trocadero, Main St., Newhall County Water District
- Storage Locker 181: Abe’s Pawn Shop, Closet on Main, Marston’s, Real Life Church, Storage Center of Valencia
- Time Toys: Copper Hill Park, The Signal Newspaper
- Trouble Sleeping: Placerita Canyon area
- The Waiting: Happy Valley area, Newhall Paint Store
- Weaponized: Bermite
- The Wizard: Blue Cloud Movie Ranch
- Worry Dolls: Sable Ranch
- Agent X: Veluzat Motion Picture Ranch
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Blue Cloud Movie Ranch
- Awkward: Hyatt Regency Valencia
- Blood Relatives: Sand Canyon area
- Blunt Talk: College of the Canyons
- Bones: Rancho Deluxe, Sable Ranch
- Camp Cut Throat: Sable Ranch
- Cesar 911: Central Bark Dog Park
- Chasing Life: Valencia Industrial Center
- Drunk History: Blue Cloud Movie Ranch, Golden Oak Ranch, Rancho Deluxe
- Extant: College of the Canyons, Valencia area streets
- Face Off: Bermite, Blue Cloud Movie Ranch
- Flex & Shanice: Anytime Fitness, Embassy Suites, Jose’s Barber Shop, MGA Liquor, Solita Tacos & Margaritas, Westfield Valencia Town Center
- Hit the Floor: Rancho Deluxe
- Hotwives of Las Vegas: Placerita Canyon area
- Idiotsitter: Army Surplus Store, College of the Canyons
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Happy Valley area
- Justified: First Presbyterian Church, Hart High, Golden Oak Ranch, Hyatt Regency Valencia, Veteran’s Historical Plaza, Way Station Coffee Shop
- The Last Ship: Placerita Water & Power Plant
- Maron: College of the Canyons
- NCIS: Blue Cloud Movie Ranch, Bridgeport area, College of the Canyons, Golden Oak Ranch, Larsen’s Steakhouse, Mann Biomedical Park, Rustic Oaks Ranch, Veteran’s Historical Plaza
- Recovery Road: College of the Canyons, Saugus High, Town Center Auto Spa
- Scorpion: Blue Cloud Movie Ranch, Mann Biomedical Park
- Silicon Valley: Almendra Park
- State of Affairs: Blue Cloud Movie Ranch, Bouquet Canyon Road
- Stitchers: Kaiser Permanente Offices
- Switched at Birth: Blue Cloud Movie Ranch, Boys & Girls Club, Bridgeport area, Canyon Theater Guild, College of the Canyons, Iron Horse Trailhead, Shell Gas Station, Valencia Industrial Center
- Togetherness: Hyatt Regency Valencia, Rancho Deluxe
- Twinning: Avenue Scott Stages
- Vacation Chasers: Honu Coffee, Results Fitness
- Ventureiffic: Mountasia, Santa Clarita Soccer Center
- Deceived: Sand Canyon area, Santa Clarita Activities Center
- Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!: Blue Cloud Movie Ranch, Rene’s 50’s Town
- Audi: College of the Canyons, Golden Triangle Road, Rockwell Canyon Road
- Bristol-Myers Squib: College of the Canyons, Happy Valley area, Hot Rod Hobbies & Raceways
- Mazda: College of the Canyons, Rockwell Canyon
- Vape Lies (PSA): Valencia High
Santa Clarita Film Office
23920 Valencia Blvd, Suite 100
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
FINANCIALS OF LOCAL INTEREST
error : cannot receive stock quote information
error : cannot receive stock quote information