SCVNews.com | Snyder Placed on Leave as Vikings Baseball Coach | 03-21-2014
Sunny
Sunny

April 28
1945 - William S. Hart leads Newhall Posse in Bonelli Ranch Rodeo; actor Harry Carey is grand marshal [story]

Jared SnyderValencia Vikings head baseball coach Jared Snyder is on leave from teaching and coaching, according to Gail Pinsker, the Public Relations Officer for the Wm. S. Hart Union School District.

“The Hart School District confirms that Valencia High School assistant baseball coach Michael Killinger has assumed the Valencia High School head baseball coaching responsibilities while Coach Jared Snyder is on leave,” Pinsker said in a statement.

According to a source with knowledge of the investigation, Snyder is on administrative leave while district officials conduct a further investigation into a parental complaint.

The leave is effective today, Hart district officials said.

An initial investigation into a parent’s accusation that there was a misappropriation of funds revealed there might be evidence to support the allegation, said a source with knowledge of the investigation.

SCVTV was able to speak with Snyder on the phone, and while he confirmed he was on leave, he would not comment further.

Hart district officials could not release any more details at this time, Pinsker said, saying only it was “a personnel issue.”

Snyder has been with the school since 1998, according to Valencia High School’s website.

“Snyder, a Nichols State alumnus (1993), has built Valencia into one of the perennial powers in Southern California,” the site states. “He has taken probably one of the worst facilities in California and turned it into one of the top in the nation.”

Under his guidance, Valencia High has won eight Foothill League titles. In 2006, the Vikings set school records for both overall wins (25) and league wins (14).

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Perry Smith from KHTS contributed to this story.

1. What’s the reason?

2. All though I don’t know why, I’m not surprised.

3. All though I don’t know why, I’m not surprised.

4. All though I don’t know why, I’m not surprised.

5. Ever wonder why it cost so much to play ball at VHS all those years? 90% of it went into his pocket. So glad he got caught

6. Ever wonder why it cost so much to play ball at VHS all those years? 90% of it went into his pocket. So glad he got caught

7. Ever wonder why it cost so much to play ball at VHS all those years? 90% of it went into his pocket. So glad he got caught

8. Really? Was he stealing? How pathetic if that is true.

9. Really? Was he stealing? How pathetic if that is true.

10. Really? Was he stealing? How pathetic if that is true.

11. Matt Hank Matt Hank says:

Surprised he lasted this long without getting caught

12. Matt Hank Matt Hank says:

Surprised he lasted this long without getting caught

13. Matt Hank Matt Hank says:

Surprised he lasted this long without getting caught

14. Denice Barnett says:

Well I’m glad that the school district actually listened to a parental complaint about a coach in this valley. The schools have placed these coaches on a pedestal. There are coaches in this valley who mentally abuse kids on a daily basis and even when parents go to the school board nothing is done.

15. Misappropriation of funds !! Wow!!

16. Gavin Plasschaert says:

Unless you are directly connected to the ALLEGED allegations AND have proof I would suggest to keep your opinions to yourself when convicting him on a message board before anything has been proven!

17. Setec Astronomy says:

Why does Valencia have the only feeder team in SCV, tightly tied to the program, a clear CIF violation? And why do kids as 8th graders have to pay a coach of Hitology a monthly fee to have any chance to make the Freshman team. Why did the previous feeder coach threaten to leave when Snyder said 2 of the best players in SCV couldn’t play for him, because they stayed on existing travel teams and did not play on his feeder team.

• vhsparent says:

I have a son at vhs and I called coach Snyder when he was in 8th grade and asked about a feeder team and he informed me vhs doesnt have a feeder team. There is hitology available but not required. My son didnt play on hitology and not only made the team but is doing great. Also if hitology is vhs feeder and they are the only feeder program in scv, who do they play. What about the JR cents of saugus, the 2 west ranch teams, Hart redhawks, the 2 Alemany teams, the Kennedy high team, the GHHS team, Moorpark. Knwo what you are talking about before making comments

18. Casey Ritcher. You need to keep your mouth shut. Jared Snyder is a good person.. Everyone needs to wait till the facts are out there. This is some parent that kid probably didn’t cut it and are retaliating with bogus accusation against Jared…

19. SCTV this is an allegation. You guys should change this heading!!!

20. Denise Ballard says:

I agree with Gavin. You need to make sure you know all the facts before convicting the coach. It’s a shame that people use every forum they can to trash a good persons name. Just be respectful of the fact that this is merely just someone’s accusations. That does not always translate to the truth!

21. Chad Allen Michaud, what’s wrong with the headline?

22. brandon bradsher says:

I’m not surprised. I played ball at VHS and our fees etc were outrageous compared to all the other teams in the league. But Snyder always managed to have nice car, rims, glasses, clothes,etc. Now it all makes sense. Even a trusted teacher/coach with A family and everything still does bad deeds. He always talked about how ACTIONS speak louder than words…

• Julie says:

Sorry folks….. You know nothing about this coach. As far as why he drives a nice car etc…… He may have a wife who works as well!!!

23. brandon bradsher says:

Hope all facts are uncovered and they get to the bottom of it. If hes innocent then great! If not…then it’s a shame. The VHS program is a great program and one of the best in the state.

24. Setec Astronomy says:

Why is Valencia baseball the most expensive HS program to play for, easily within SCV? Why does it cost north of $3,000 to play baseball there when other HS programs cost right around the $1,000 mark? I think Casey’s comments of 90% of the money is pocketed is a little wreck-less and exaggerated. But that difference in costs between HS programs, which has been going up and up can’t always be explained as field maintenance…

25. Chad Allen Michaud… while I would never tell you to keep your mouth shut, as I am a respectful and well informed man, I suggest you at least know the facts of what you are speaking about before forming an opinion on a manipulative theif such as Jared Snyder. Furthermore, if you desire any sort of credibility for your bogus comments, I would recommend at least using proper grammar when making comments online. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but it is clearly one based on ignorance and misinformation. I feel so sorry for people such as yourself who clearly struggle seeing the true character of evil men.

26. Setec Astronomy says:

He’s also a hypocrite….like most coaches, he doesn’t want any parent to interfere with his program, fair enough, but when his own kid is involved and is not playing as much as Jared thinks he should, he goes into the dugout and drops more F-bombs in front of a bunch of 9-10yr olds, and threatens one the coaches. He is not a role model, he is a bully and a tyrant plain and simple, and has no business being around any of our kids in Santa Clarita. There are more parents directly involved in the program speaking out on the Signal’s article. Too many secrets for too long.

• Matt Espinoza says:

As someone who has been living out here for a few months, this whole thing is very amusing. I had heard little bits and pieces from people around baseball about this guy and his crew and level of control, frankly I thought these stories were a joke. However, having seen the outpouring of comments reinforcing such allegations, and the explosion of comments and subsequent removal of all comments regarding this story by the SCV paper (which I’ve also heard has stood by the guy posing as a coach and teacher….hm) n think the community needs to see this through (there is an open house coming up at the school and a Valencia Town Hall meeting

• Matt Espinoza says:

Coming up…. I’d wanna see accounting records of where my money went(at this point I will ad that I have no kids or affiliation with any school) The greater issue here is that these hacks have been allowed to be part of raising your children…. From the principle down…. even some of the district should be held accountable. I would also suggest a blog or place people can submit affidavits or they’re experiences with this program. Now is your chance to reform the valleys HS athletics….. P.S. the CBS piece was perfect fluff compared to magnitude of this “surprise” leave of absence.

27. Matt Espinoza says:

Oh yeah, my keyboard has been acting up, so please forgive my spelling and grammatical errors. I think you get the drift….. if everyone involved comes forward it will be too much dirt to sweep under the rug this time. While many of you forget this, it’s about raising adults not winning games! An adult will win they’re fair share of games…. well beyond High School or AA…..

28. Matt Espinoza says:

Why is the rest of my comment awaiting moderation? I didn’t tell anyone to shut up……..

29. tom says:

Everybody knew this was going on when I played there. Even his coaches said it. Snyder doesn’t even teach his own classes he sits there and chews tobacco in class and has his student teachers teach for him. Add to that the way he treats kids, he’s the worst human being I’ve ever met.

30. R.I.P says:

I coached in the VHS program for a ccouple of years, and I will say that my experience with the kids, the parents, and most of the coaches was great, and I still keep in touch with many of the kids that I had the pleasure of coaching who have since graduated and are playing college ball, and the blessing of that is that they still thank me for coaching them. these boys are smartand they knew I did it for them, not the money, because the stipen i recieved was chicken scratch and it barely paid for my gas. Snyder on the other hand was not the most pleasant experience. We bumped head cause he would try to tell me who to play and who not to cause he had his select few that he favored, but I played all of my boys because they worked hard each and every practice. He also had the gall to tell me not to talk to parents from the opposing team who I was freinds with because it looked bad. I saw more “wrong” than I did right when it came to the money issue. He made the boys do fundraisers that were outrageous, and if they didn’t meet the quota, he would pinch the parents for the money. I was saying the whole time that he was ripping people off, but the parents were afrid to stand up in fear that their kid wouldn’t get to play. He was a bully, pure and simple. For those of you who say go easy on him, I say kharma is a wicked mother, and it is biting him in the boo boo now. assistant principal Hyatt a personally asked me to stay and coach, but I declined because I couldn’t have my name tainted with his. Turns out that I made a smart move. Please don’t blame the other coaches for his actions, well most of them anyways. I’m sure you all know who else was ripping people off (Hitology?) Just sayin!!!!! Maybe there will be big price slashing in the days ahead.

31. TJ Garcia says:

This is great! To all the kids that couldn’t make the “quota”and had their chances of scholarships ruined. To all the kids that were bullied by this horrible person. To all the parents that have had their money stolen and put into the pockets of this pig. JUSTICE will be served.

WATCH NOW
LOCAL SPORTS HEADLINES
Tuesday, Apr 28, 2015
Capping off a week that featured a career-high and a GSAC regular-season, championship-clinching hit, Jon Popadics has been named the GSAC Player of the Week.
Monday, Apr 27, 2015
At each stage of the 2015 Amgen Tour of California, cycling fans will have unique and unprecedented opportunities to immerse themselves in the world of cycling with special VIP Experiences. Each experience will bring them closer to the action as the world's most talented and decorated men and women cyclists compete May 8-17 over the state's most stunning and recognizable roadways, highways and coastline drives.
Monday, Apr 27, 2015
The Master's College baseball team has made a habit of sweeping doubleheaders this year. Nine of those have led to the greatest regular season in program history. However, on a day when the Mustangs clinched their third GSAC regular-season championship (2003, 2013) and set a record for conference victories (33-9, 41-10 overall), they didn't have to bring out the broom. Instead, they won the regular-season crown with a 5-3, game-one win over Vanguard before the host Lions rallied in the nightcap to edge the Mustangs 5-4.
Monday, Apr 27, 2015
The Master’s College women’s track & field team competed Friday and Saturday at the Golden State Athletic Conference Championships at Westmont College.
Monday, Apr 27, 2015
Over the weekend, The Master’s College men’s track & field team traveled to Westmont College for the GSAC Track & Field Championships.
Friend Activity

Big Week Earns Popadics GSAC Honor
Amgen Provides Fans Exclusive Experiences Through VIP Packages and Lifestyle Festival
The Ninth annual Memorial Garden Tour will be held Sunday, May 3, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. A variety of showcase gardens have been assembled for an organized self-guided tour throughout Santa Clarita Valley.
May 3: PFC Cole Larsen Garden Tour, to Aid Military Families
In closed session, the Acton-Agua Dulce school board approved a settlement in the LAUSD vs. AADUSD charter school lawsuit. Included was a stipulation that the charter school would not open in the San Fernando Valley. Now Acton-Agua Dulce is looking to site the same Albert Einstein school in Beverly Hills.
Acton-Einstein 90210?
This week's events and activities from the Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce.
SCV Chamber This Week (4-27-2015)
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station deputies, city officials and county agency representatives were on hand Monday as the city of Santa Clarita continued its efforts to eradicate illegal homeless encampments.
3 Hobo Camps Cleaned Out Monday in Newhall
Democrats in the Assembly Revenue and Taxation Committee blocked AB 867 (Wagner), sponsored by Board of Equalization Vice Chair George Runner, which would have required the State of California to provide a full refund to all individuals who paid a tax later declared illegal or unconstitutional.
Panel Blocks Runner-sponsored Bill to Refund Illegal Taxes
The usually serene Placerita Canyon Nature Center will bustle with activities May 9 when the County of Los Angeles and the Placerita docents host a big open house and family festival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
May 9: Kid-friendly Festival at Placerita Nature Center
Orpha Klinker was an accomplished California artist and preservationist noted for her portraits and plein air paintings. Several of her pieces from the 1930s include Del Valle family members and Rancho Camulos scenes.
May 2: Artist’s Work from 1930s Featured at Rancho Camulos
The City of Santa Clarita will host a “Drug Free Youth in Town” Year-end Celebration to highlight the accomplishments made in local schools by members and organizers of the DFYIT program.
May 4: City to Celebrate Drug-free Youth
According to the College Board’s national report, "AP Cohort Data: Graduating Class of 2014," 29.1 percent of California’s 2014 graduates earned a score of three or higher on an end-of-course AP exam taken during their high school career. This represents a 2.1 percentage point increase from 2013 and is 7.5 percentage points above the national average.
California No. 6 in U.S. in AP Exam Scores
Despite an overcast sky and a bit of rain Sunday, hundreds flocked to Reyes Winery in Agua Dulce for the third annual Sierra Pelona Valley Wine Festival.
Wine Festival Celebrates Area Growers
The William S. Hart Union School District, in cooperation with Parent and Student Empowerment, will present “Teen Dating Violence: What YOU Need to Know” on Thursday, May 7, at Arroyo Seco Junior High School. The program begins at 6 p.m.
Teen Dating Violence: What You Need to Know
Why should Californians have to purchase additional insurance for something their tax dollars should already guarantee? Imagine having to purchase a crime insurance policy to ensure that local and state police respond to your 911 calls. That wouldn't be effective or fair public policy, and neither is AB 1203.
Fire Fee Shell Game
A uranium (shell) company donated big bucks to the Clinton Foundation. Shortly after the donation, Hillary changed her mind about the U.S. blocking the uranium mining deal. Then there is the “re-filing” of past tax returns after it was discovered that they forgot to include many of the Canadian deal-based donations.
Behind the Curtain
Air Force Airman Dylan M. Ryndak graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
Ryndak, Valencia High 2014, Completes Basic Training
Masters Baseball Hoists GSAC Regular Season Title
TMC Women’s Track and Field Finishes Strong at GSAC Championships
TMC Mens Track and Field Surpassing Competition at Conference
Caltrans plans to implement closures April 27 to May 2, 2015, as part of a project that is constructing High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV or carpool) lanes and a direct HOV connector at the I-5/SR-170 interchange.
I-5 HOV Construction Closures, SR-118 to SR-170
Tonight at 7 is the gathering at Canyon High School to stop the California High Speed Rail from going through our Santa Clarita Valley. It is that important that many folks attend.
Navy Colors