Intermittent clouds
Intermittent clouds

July 20
2001 - Then-Assemblyman George Runner introduces legislation to memorialize the historic Ridge Route. Enacted Oct. 4. [story]

JaredSnyder[LASD] On January 15, 2015, a seven count felony complaint was filed against Jared Snyder (former Varsity Baseball Coach at Valencia High School) alleging counts of Misappropriation of Public Funds by a Public Officer, Embezzlement by a Public Officer, and Grand Theft by Embezzlement.

In late 2013, parents from Valencia High School, made an allegation of financial wrong-doings by the Head Varsity Coach, Jared Snyder. The allegations prompted William S. Hart School District to conduct an audit of the Valencia High School Baseball Program to determine if there was any evidence of misconduct by Snyder or members of his staff. During the audit, it was discovered there was substantial evidence to suggest Snyder had been misappropriating funds from the Valencia High School Associated Student Body, by submitting fraudulent reimbursements. The case was reported to the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department for further investigation.

In March 2014, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Fraud & Cyber Crimes Bureau initiated an investigation based on the findings of the William S. Hart School District’s audit. During the ten month investigation, evidence was gathered that showed Snyder was submitting fraudulent reimbursement forms to Valencia High School ASB. During the district audit, it was discovered that Snyder had opened a second bank account in the name of Valencia Diamond Club, unbeknownst to the district. The source of the deposits into this bank account was from fundraisers and donations intended for the Valencia High School Baseball program and its players. During the audit, it was determined Snyder was seeking reimbursement for items previously reimbursed by the ASB. The investigation revealed that Snyder was making monthly payments to his personal credit cards from the second “Valencia Diamond Club” bank account. In addition to the fraudulent cash reimbursements, Snyder was using the same credit cards to make personal charges unrelated to the Valencia High School Baseball program.

The investigation revealed there was $8,000.00 in fraudulent cash reimbursements embezzled from the ASB. An additional $7,000.00-plus was misdirected from the second Valencia Diamond Club bank account to pay for his personal charges on credit cards. Due to the unavailability of records from retail stores and online companies, it is believed the loss exceeds what was listed in the complaint.

On January 15, 2015, Judge Henry Barela of the Los Angeles County Superior Court, issued a felony arrest warrant for Snyder, bail was set at $70,000.00. Snyder is scheduled to surrender at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center on January 21, 2015.

1. Kai Ellis Kai Ellis says:

Glad to see that he will be made to answer for the allegations, but very, very sad that this happened to our kids and one of our fine sports programs.

2. Tommy Rini Tommy Rini says:

Blind eyes lead to empty pockets

3. Staci Soles Staci Soles says:

Sean Miller Craig Miller

4. Ahh, the court of public opinion. I refrain from playing armchair prosecutor/judge or jury, until the facts are out.

5. Corrina Marg Corrina Marg says:

Paula Charnock Millar!

6. Jimmy Grise Jimmy Grise says:

Hah that punk NOW WHOS THE TURD

7. Joey Rico Joey Rico says:

Wow Xavier Ochoa-Rico private school it is to much going on with Valencia

8. Gene Young Gene Young says:

Awesome town. Haha.

9. Cody McLean Cody McLean says:

Wow. Well he has to pay for his actions.

10. Just the tip of the iceberg at VHS

11. Really? I thought people moved out here to attend Valencia high because it’s a “great” School. Hmmm

12. Let’s c all the facts first before we judge

13. Jared Snyder was my team mate at Saugus High School. I am lost for words. But I must here the facts before I can make any judgment.

14. Jared Snyder was my team mate at Saugus High School. I am lost for words. But I must here the facts before I can make any judgment.

15. Matt Hank Matt Hank says:

Karma: (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person’s actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
    He deserves this.

16. Matt Hank Matt Hank says:

He deserves this.

17. Drew Fall Drew Fall says:

Brooks WalshColton BerkeryJosh HeffnerAndrew Carrillo

18. Drew Fall Drew Fall says:

Brooks WalshColton BerkeryJosh HeffnerAndrew Carrillo

19. Mike Duryea Mike Duryea says:

He’s an old pal from school days, I hope it’s all a misunderstanding. But I wish the best for my old pal Jared.

20. Mike Duryea Mike Duryea says:

25. Irvin Burton Irvin Burton says:

Well whuddya know…

26. Steven Lane Steven Lane says:

Marisa Metcalf Smith show Anthony

27. Steven Lane Steven Lane says:

Marisa Metcalf Smith show Anthony

28. Break the law pay the consequences.

29. Break the law pay the consequences.

30. He was horrifically mean to my son as his history teacher!

31. He was horrifically mean to my son as his history teacher!

32. check this out Robert Pena

33. check this out Robert Pena

34. Thug!!! Go back to your rock!

35. Thug!!! Go back to your rock!

36. Tom Dehn Tom Dehn says:

People in the unique and special position of
    Influencing youth, who conduct such criminal acts should be disgraced and punished to to fullest extent of the law.

37. Tom Dehn Tom Dehn says:

People in the unique and special position of

38. Troy Davenport Neiman

39. Troy Davenport Neiman

40. Sorry this happened. My son is an athlete/student at Valencia and he loves it!!

41. Sorry this happened. My son is an athlete/student at Valencia and he loves it!!

42. Jake Smith Jake Smith says:

Here is a fact no one is surprised except for his friends

43. There’s not facts, just allegations you moron. Go back at read the article.

44. Straight from the article – YOU ^^ might want to reread the article. FACTS:

45. Erin Prinsze Erin Prinsze says:

Just gives me another reason to hate my high school

46. Michelle Green show Bub

47. Still Running Laps says:

Maybe the Diamond Club will post his bail

48. Not surprised other teacher there does same thing

49. Missy Watson Missy Watson says:

Wow i had him my sophomore year

50. Aaron Mizak Aaron Mizak says:

Sole patch or goatee?

51. I knowing Jared Snyder for years we went to Arroyo Seco and Saugus High together. He graduated a year before me. He graduated in 1988 I graduated in 1989. Jared back in high school was a gentle giant with a good heart and was willing to do anything to help a friend. Here in America all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The William S Hart School District has had a history of cover ups dating back to when I was a student at Saugus High. There are teachers and coaches who done far worse then what coach Snyder is accused of. I will not mention any names but we had a coach who coached freshman football and girls softball he was forced to resign because of inappropriate behavior towards the females. He and going to another school district and end up doing it again and went on to another school district after that. I had a teacher who had an affair with the student at Burbank High School and you end up marrying her and he end up being employed at Saugus high school by the William S Hart school district. Then you end up getting in trouble again and he skip town before they could nail him on other things he did.

52. It is so sad that someone in a position of trust would misuse their privilege for their own selfish purposes and mislead those around him. I wonder if he will justify his actions on some basis.

53. sounds about right….

54. My mother always told me not to trust a man with a goatee

55. Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

If you read the article it seems they have tons of evidence. I wonder why they don’t investigate politicians so closely, $15K is chump change in the grand scheme of things.

• Don Lamers Don Lamers says:

Not sure if allegations are true, but $.01 cent of stolen money is too much. I can’t believe that $15K is “chump change”. Right vs. Wrong?!!! Your comment and the likers are what is WRONG with America! Disgusting!

• Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

Don, if you were able to comprehend anything, you would notice the sarcasm in my response. Nobody is saying what this man did shouldn’t be punished, because it should!! But if they investigate small time embezzlement, why can’t they investigate it on a much larger scale? Politicians embezzle millions of OUR money and never have to answer for it. What’s wrong with our country is people such as yourself because obviously our education system has failed you.

56. Aaron Mizak Aaron Mizak says:

It’s heartbreaking to know that a man I grew up looking up to, idolizing, following to Nickle State, and later raising my kids with “Snyd Values” ended up being a monster.

57. Gary Carter says:

Snyder is a slob. He sucked when he played and sucked as coach. Hope he fries.

58. You’d think that a man embezzling that much money would step away from the Oakley look

59. Yes I read the evidence in the newspaper but again Jared has a right to a fair trial and he has a right to defend himself in court in answer to the allegations against him I’m not saying that he’s innocent and I’m not saying he’s guilty we have to go through the due process and let us have his day in court . If he’s guilty Then he’s let his friends and family down and must pay the price. And if he’s innocent then let the jury make that decision. I’m not sticking up for him I’m just saying he should have a right to a fair trial before we can jump to conclusion.

• Julie Stiff Julie Stiff says:

There are many posts on FB where people jump the gun without knowing all the facts. I often wonder what if it were them? What if they were falsely accused (not saying Jared is because I don’t know the facts) how would they feel being judged so harshly by public opinion? It was nice to read a post from someone with a rational mind. Thank you Richard.

• Hope he is ready to move out of town… regardless of outcome he is tainted with an ugly you can’t wash off…

60. Wow! We are a baseball familia & this is hard to hear … shame on this scum!

61. Aaron Mizak Aaron Mizak says:

What an embarrassment to the sole patch community.

62. I’ve had a sole patch for thirty years because of my trust in this man. Now the sole patch has been tainted with fraud and lies!

63. $15,000 all invested in the maintenance of that beautiful goatee. #WORTHIT

64. One down! A few more to go! I wonder if any of the admin had a part in this. Of course, some have retired after their shenanigans. Hmmm…but there is still karma.

65. Travis May Travis May says:

“Jared Snyder was such a kind and compassionate teacher/coach. He truly cared for his student’s/player’s well-being and lead by example. This is such a shock and surprise from a man that was not a bully or a control freak.” No One Ever.

66. Ah haha have fun in the Feds Snyder!

67. I dress my child up as The Snydog for Halloween every year with Oakleys and a prosthetic goatee to honor this man and this is how he repays us?! For shame!

68. This wouldn’t be an issue if all money went through the ASB…there would be no freedom to tap into the money.

69. Lisa Hebert Lisa Hebert says:

Michael Hebert Michael Hebert Ashton Hebert Eniko Cordes Maureen Schweitzer

70. ben says:

Was in this a$$holes class last year, I remember when he sent a girl outside after screaming at her,then her crying. All form saying “i don’t know” to a question. He got what he deserved.

71. Far worse than a student trying to stab someone, this is a teacher! Someone who represents the school

72. Aaron Mizak Aaron Mizak says:

I once was asked to participate in show and tell as a young Sophomore at VHS, I dressed up as a man that I believed to be a caring compassionate man who gave back to the community and his players. Now I’m embarrassed to say I ever dawned this mans face in a classroom

73. David Bildner Do you know about this?

74. He’s going to jail…

75. I am honored to have played for him yo!

76. Shannon Cruz Shannon Cruz says:

Omg no way! My old teacher..

77. I know this family and they were always very kind to me and my family. Innocent until proven guilty! I feel for this family because right or wrong, I am sure it is very hard on them!!

78. lmao Mayra Díaz my high school’s baseball coach

79. I have read every comment on this board and have to say I’m shocked, dispointed and disgusted by how many people have forgotten “Innocent until PROVEN Guilty” I don’t really remember him from school, as he was younger, but I can tell you that the district has not always been on the up and up, and I have seen 1st hand how things can go if you are not in the “In Crowd” I have no dog in this fight, except to remind people that both sides have not presented for public consumption, so how about we all remember innocent until proven guilty.

80. Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

It’s funny how people say innocent until proven guilty when it’s someone they know. I never see comments like this about people in the community that are arrested for “allegedly” robbing liquor stores. Hmmmm??

• Doesn’t look good for him

• How does the Michael brown case have any correlation with this? So much stupidity in this post I don’t even know where to begin. FYI liquor stores have surveillance cameras… It’s not “allegedly” when it’s caught on tape.

• Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

Ummmmmm, first of all, I mentioned NOTHING about Michael Brown. Just because I said “robbing a liquor store” you equate it to Micahael Brown? That’s your own racial issue. I was referring to the stories SCVTV posts in regards to people getting arrested around SCV for crimes that they “allegedly” commited, yet nobody comes to their defense saying, hey guys, we shouldn’t pass judgement cause they’re innocent until proven guilty. Again, the education system has failed, please read what I wrote before commenting.

81. Shannen Schaefer wasn’t he the teacher you didn’t like?

82. Adrienne Moe are not sticking up for Jarred I’m just saying everybody has a right to due process. I have a friend

83. For almost making it in the majors that’s a rookie move.

84. Jan K Lange Jan K Lange says:

What did your husband have to say about this? I always thought the guy was an ass. He was definitely one that could be “bought” by parents of the players. There was one set of parents that not only lied their son into the Valencia High attendance area, so their son would have more playing time than he did at Hart High, but they would give Jared gifts for his classroom and buy whatever was necessary to get their son top playing time. No names mentioned as I wouldn’t stoop that low. Snyder had outstanding players quit the team because of his belittling. I wouldn’t put any of it past him, but like they say, “Guilty until proven innocent”. Oops, I guess I got that mixed up!

85. That flavor savor is now his cell mates landing strip :)

86. Keep in mind we have just as many innocent people sent to prison as of those who are guilty as sin. Take for example Elmer Geronimo Pratt who is the former leader of the Black Panther Party. Pratt was in prison for almost 40 years for a crime he did not comment. He was framed for murder. Granted Pratt was a thug I’m not going to lie about that. Despite the fact Pratt was a thug DNA evidence proven he was set up and the jury convicted the wrong person. Trust me if Jarred did what he did, I will not stick up for him. If I could talk to Jared face to face I would remind him only God knows the truth God knows who’s tells the truth and he knows whose lying. If he did what he did and he knows he did it, then God will forgive him for admitting his guilt. But if he says he innocent if he says he is then he better be right or other wise he will be found guilty. That’s what I would tell him.

87. Doesn’t surprise me… 17 years ago I knew he was a nut job… He was such a cocky guy and was a dick to females…

88. No innocent person is going to open a 2nd unauthorized account and pay their personal bills out of it. Please they did a 10 month investigation of bank records, and his personal credit card purchases. He stole from children for god sakes. He did this to his family no one else.

89. I don’t trust a soul whom only grows chin hair.

And Jesus, no trust in using those horrid white-plastic shades.
    Sweet mercy, what a fugly apparition, those glasses.

90. BJ James BJ James says:

Oh no! Now the baseball team will have to find another horrible role model to emulate.

91. Have you ever done book keeping? Accounting? Administration? The only facts are that there is money missing not that it was Jared that did it. Go back to f-ing school. Allegation “a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof.”

92. Ryan Zike Ryan Zike says:

Damn Snyder! Old coach and teacher crazy!!

93. Ryan Zike Ryan Zike says:

Adrienne Moe super dumb comment!

94. Ryan Zike Ryan Zike says:

And come on ya’ll anybody who played for Snyder always made fun of him behind his back because he was full of himself and I remember it vividly. He was a smart ass

95. Mimi Bond Mimi Bond says:

He was my history teacher in summer school like 8 years ago. And he was an ASS HOLE

96. Kathryn Johnson says:

from personal experience and observation very grateful that he will never coach again. VERY.

97. Kelly Greene says:

How long was Jared Snyder a coach at Valencia High School?

98. Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

I care about your opinion Ryan Zike.

99. Laura Bildner Roberson-Jones of course it has been a hot topic here for almost a year

100. Omg this is crazy!!! And yeah he was pretty rude… I’d see him at light n healthy all the time!!

101. Marissa says:

Ashamed of what he did but was one of the best teachers for history i ever had. Learned so much from him and he really taught me to work hard and be prepared for college. Although it breaks my heart to know he did this…he still did some good at valencia.

102. John Bakraji John Bakraji says:

Whatttt that’s my old teacher. Giovanni Donan remember him

103. Kathryn Johnson says:

Those of us that experienced the years of this coaches regime are not surprised. Personally do not care if he spends one day in jail, just overwhelmingly grateful that he will never have the chance to teach/coach any student/player again.

104. I bet he touched all the boys . he looks like a fondler.and it would make sense coming out of Valencia. Bunch of gay boys anyways

105. Ruben Rivas Ruben Rivas says:

Never was a fan of this guy Favian Danny

106. Let’s see all the facts first, people! Snyder was a great teacher/person when I knew him Chelsea

107. Josh Reyes Josh Reyes says:

Great coach, cool guy…. Really sad to hear about this.

108. Presumed innocent until proven guilty.

109. Coach Snyder, in self-defense, argued that all the hats were accounted for and he didn’t have any balls.

110. I like the comments from the parents who say “he was a mean coach to my son”. As a college athlete if I had a dollar for every negative or “mean” comment/gesture I would be very well off. Being an athlete is not a warm and fuzzy environment. If that’s what you’re looking for then maybe you need to think twice about being an athlete and competing at any level. If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen. I’m not saying what coach Snyder may have done is right (innocent until proven guilty), but what I am saying for those of you who dislike him or are attacking him because he was a “mean” coach, I hate break it to you but that’s life and it only gets worse.

111. Greed will make people do stupid things, for what to have material things and be something that you are not. Very unfortunate that his family, his children have to pay the price for his actions.

112. Keeping it RICH in Awesome Town . LOL

113. Jason Gordon Jason Gordon says:

Mr..Espinoza Jr. I dont really think its a 50-50 split in prision. Maybe do some research on that. 99% of the people there. Belong there. Other wise would would be hearing stories of thousands of people being released. Although thats what we are doing with all these convicted felons anyways. No disrespect just a conversation.

114. Kristen Cunningham did you ever have him? I remember he was such an asswhole! So mean to students. I had anxiety when I would go to his class

115. Kristen Cunningham did you ever have him? I remember he was such an asswhole! So mean to students. I had anxiety when I would go to his class

116. As a member of his first team he coached at VHS I’m surprised and at the same time not surprised. Now I’m a member of California State Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and it looks like he will be too.

117. As a member of his first team he coached at VHS I’m surprised and at the same time not surprised. Now I’m a member of California State Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and it looks like he will be too.

118. Jason Gordon the Department of Justice released a report about 10 years ago stating that about 25% of incarcerated people are innocent.

119. Jason Gordon the Department of Justice released a report about 10 years ago stating that about 25% of incarcerated people are innocent.

120. Maria says:

That’s why I left scv. The school district is going down hill.

121. Silvie Faust Silvie Faust says:

I feel sad for our community. Especially for our kids..

122. Danny Reilly Danny Reilly says:

He sounds like a pos .he’ll look good in county pink

123. Paquita Engle says:

Sounds fishy. He has a lot of explaining to do. Does sound like he was double dipping. lately many schools have problems not with the students but with adults who work there. Volunteers work countless hours to gather funds for the kids. This may detour others from donating. There should be better checks and balances in place. It’s too bad to read these sort of stories, but, all the schools in this Valley have awesome volunteers and donations.

124. Bryan Calderon Randy Calderon. Not a shocker

125. Hes gonna tell the judge “hey….atleast its not rape”

126. Shawna Lemke Shawna Lemke says:

Yep that was some of my money

127. Kirsten Trimble says:

I’m very saddened by the fact that there are childrens’ lives that have or will be affected by this. The whole situation…very sad.

128. Jim Melton says:

Sad. Anybody else feel like there’s comments missing though? Some stuff you all are referencing I cant find

129. There’s an massive range of Dubai hotels to pick from.

Thursday, Jul 19, 2018
More than 3,500 Weapons Destroyed at Annual Destruction Event
During a press conference on Thursday at the Gerdau steel mill in Rancho Cucamonga, Chief Eric Parra announced the destruction of 3,566 weapons confiscated within in Los Angeles County. This event comes typically in July, in compliance with California Penal Code 18005(c), which calls for weapons unable to be sold to the public or returned to their owners, to be destroyed.
Thursday, Jul 19, 2018
State Supreme Court Tosses Ballot Measure to Split California in Three
(CN) – Delivering a blow to a Silicon Valley billionaire, the California Supreme Court on Wednesday erased a November ballot measure proposing to divide the Golden State in three.
Thursday, Jul 19, 2018
Hart District Appoints Dr. Catherine Nicholas as New Sequoia School Principal
The William S. Hart Union High School District’s Governing Board voted unanimously to approve the appointment of Dr. Catherine Nicholas to become the new principal of Sequoia School.

More than 3,500 Weapons Destroyed at Annual Destruction Event
The Summer Art Festival, at the Oaks Club of Valencia, invites you to a fun, free artists’ reception on Saturday, Aug. 11, 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Aug. 11: Summer Art Festival at Oaks Club
When you think "Advanced Manufacturing," Santa Clarita Valley probably isn't the first thing that comes to mind.
SCV Paves the Way for Advanced Manufacturing
State Supreme Court Tosses Ballot Measure to Split California in Three
Internationally famous Doña Oxford aka “The Goddess of Soul,” is fronting one of the hottest Blues bands of the 21st century. She has toured all over the world, bringing her amazing keyboard playing and vocals to devoted fans in Europe, Japan, Canada and the United States.
July 20: Valencia Jazz & Blues Series to Feature Doña Oxford
No business is immune from the unthinkable. Workplace violence is an increasingly important topic for organizations of all types.
Aug. 21: Active Shooter Awareness Training at VIA Luncheon
St. Kateri Tekakwitha Parish Church is holding their 2nd Annual Summer Night Car Show Friday, Aug. 24 from 6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Aug. 24: St. Kateri 2nd Annual Summer Night Car Show
The Los Angeles County Homeless Initiative and Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority on Thursday launched the Los Angeles Homeless Outreach Portal, dubbed LA-HOP, the new Countywide Web-based portal that channels outreach support to people experiencing homelessness.
County Launches Online Portal to Combat Homelessness
LOS ANGELES - Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) announced Tuesday the company is now offering $75 rebates for residential customers who purchase eligible Energy Star certified smart thermostats that help residents manage their heating and cooling costs and conserve energy.
SoCal Gas Offering Rebates for Customers with Smart Thermostats
STOCKTON – Brian Serven put together one of his best offensive performances of the season to lead the JetHakwks to a 7-2 to win over the Stockton Ports on Wednesday night at Banner Island Ballpark.
Serven Leads JetHawks to Victory in Series Opener Against Stockton
The William S. Hart Union High School District’s Governing Board voted unanimously to approve the appointment of Brad Renison to become the new Director of Transportation. Most recently, Mr. Renison has been serving as the Interim Director of Transportation.
Hart District Names Brad Renison New Transportation Director
LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Dodgers today acquired four-time All-Star shortstop Manny Machado from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for Rylan Bannon, Yusniel Díaz, Dean Kremer, Zach Pop and Breyvic Valera.
Dodgers Acquire 4-Time All-Star Manny Machado
Hart District Appoints Dr. Catherine Nicholas as New Sequoia School Principal
Welcome to paradise at a high-energy, live show coming up in Santa Clarita’s Concerts in the Park series, presented by Logix Federal Credit Union, this Saturday, July 21, at 7:00 p.m., in Central Park (27150 Bouquet Canyon Road).
July 21: Concerts in the Park to Feature Green Day Tribute Band
SCV Sheriff's Crime Prevention Unit deputies and station detectives have noted an increase in the thefts of catalytic converters from cars in Santa Clarita Valley. The favored target of thieves has been the Toyota Prius (2005-2009).
Deputies Warn of Rise in Catalytic Converter Thefts from Prius Cars
LOS ANGELES – According to the South Coast Air Quality Management District, air quality will be unhealthy Thursday for sensitive individuals in San Gabriel Valley, Santa Clarita Valley and Antelope Valley.
Air Quality Advisory Issued for SCV
Would you like to be a volunteer at beautiful Red Rock Canyon State Park? Learn about the volunteer program and the park’s natural and cultural history at our two-day volunteer training, Saturdays, Sept. 1st and 8th from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at the Ricardo Visitor Center (new volunteers must attend both days).
Red Rock Canyon State Park to Hold 2-Day Volunteer Training
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) announces the scheduled closure of the Tejon Safety Roadside Rest Areas on Interstate 5 (Golden State Freeway) to replace a water main line.
Caltrans Announces Temporary Rest Area Closure on I-5 at Tejon
1924 - Sherman Block, L.A. County's 29th Sheriff (1982-1998), born in Chicago [story]
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station deputies have arrested a Santa Clarita woman who allegedly spray-painted walls on a city park building in Saugus early Tuesday morning, also discovering she was allegedly in possession of forged checks.
Woman Charged with Defacing Park Building, Check Forgery
The Paramount Network has set Aug. 11 as the premiere date of 'I Am Paul Walker,' a new film documentary tracing the life of the late actor, who was killed in a 2013 car crash in Valencia.
Aug. 11: Paul Walker Film Doc to Debut on Paramount Network
Marston's Restaurant in Valencia is helping raise funds for Carousel Ranch, Santa Clarita Valley nonprofit organization that provides equestrian therapy for disabled and special needs children and adults.
July 15-Aug. 15: Marston’s Restaurant Fundraising for Carousel Ranch
Members of Santa Clarita Valley home haunters Beware the Dark Realm will appear on a panel at the third annual "Midsummer Scream" Halloween Festival and scarefest at the Long Beach Convention Center on Saturday and Sunday, July 28-29.
July 28: SCV’s Beware the Dark Realm to Join Panel at Midsummer Scream
The Sierra Hillbillies Square & Round Dance Club will throw a good old-fashioned picnic and dance to the calls of Jay Henderson at the SCV Senior Center on Sunday, August 5 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Sierra Hillbillies Set 2 Dances for August, September
A Spring Valley, California woman was arrested and charged for evading and resisting arrest on southbound Interstate 5 in Valencia late Tuesday night after a pursuit by the California Highway Patrol, according to the CHP.
CHP Pursuit Ends With Arrest of Woman on I-5 in Valencia
If you are a member of the U.S. House of Representatives with a private prison in your district, you are also more likely than your peers to co-sponsor punitive immigration legislation, according to a groundbreaking study by California State University, Northridge political science professor Jason Morin.
CSUN Study: Private Prison Operators Influencing Immigration Policy
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station deputies handed out 25 traffic citations during a motorcycle safety enforcement operation in Santa Clarita on Saturday.
SCV Deputies Hand Out 25 Traffic Tickets in Safety Push
A Santa Clarita bank robbery suspect dubbed by the FBI as the "Faux Badge Bandit" is now also suspected of robbing banks in Northern California, according to authorities.
‘Faux Badge Bandit’ Also a Suspect in NoCal Bank Heists
A Ninth Circuit panel on Tuesday affirmed a federal judge’s order preliminarily barring California from enforcing a voter-approved ban on high-capacity gun magazines.
Ninth Circuit Upholds Block of California Gun Magazine Ban
The California Department of Motor Vehicles now offers customers a convenient way to complete a driver license or identification card application online before visiting a field office.
DMV Debuts Online Application for Driver License, State ID Card
2009 - Two killed in crash of experimental plane in Sand Canyon [NTSB report]
The Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce is holding a Business After Hours Mixer at Valencia Acura, Wednesday, July 18, at 5:30 p.m.
July 18: SCV Chamber’s Business After Hours Mixer
Supervisor Kathryn Barger cast the lone vote opposing a motion to place a measure on the November ballot which seeks to increase property taxes on residential and commercial properties to generate approximately $300 million a year to fund additional stormwater projects.
Barger Casts Lone Vote Against Proposed Stormwater Tax
The Board of Supervisors on Tuesday voted to move forward with a comprehensive plan to increase local water supply and improve water quality.
Supes Move Forward with Efforts to Improve Local Water Supply, Quality
The county of Los Angeles and community partners are working hand-in-hand to combat homelessness, which has decreased for the first time in four years.
County Combines New, Existing Programs to Combat Homelessness