Clear
Clear

January 20
1993 - Hart High grad Dee Dee Myers (1979) becomes first female White House press secretary [story]

JaredSnyder[LASD] On January 15, 2015, a seven count felony complaint was filed against Jared Snyder (former Varsity Baseball Coach at Valencia High School) alleging counts of Misappropriation of Public Funds by a Public Officer, Embezzlement by a Public Officer, and Grand Theft by Embezzlement.

In late 2013, parents from Valencia High School, made an allegation of financial wrong-doings by the Head Varsity Coach, Jared Snyder. The allegations prompted William S. Hart School District to conduct an audit of the Valencia High School Baseball Program to determine if there was any evidence of misconduct by Snyder or members of his staff. During the audit, it was discovered there was substantial evidence to suggest Snyder had been misappropriating funds from the Valencia High School Associated Student Body, by submitting fraudulent reimbursements. The case was reported to the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department for further investigation.

In March 2014, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Fraud & Cyber Crimes Bureau initiated an investigation based on the findings of the William S. Hart School District’s audit. During the ten month investigation, evidence was gathered that showed Snyder was submitting fraudulent reimbursement forms to Valencia High School ASB. During the district audit, it was discovered that Snyder had opened a second bank account in the name of Valencia Diamond Club, unbeknownst to the district. The source of the deposits into this bank account was from fundraisers and donations intended for the Valencia High School Baseball program and its players. During the audit, it was determined Snyder was seeking reimbursement for items previously reimbursed by the ASB. The investigation revealed that Snyder was making monthly payments to his personal credit cards from the second “Valencia Diamond Club” bank account. In addition to the fraudulent cash reimbursements, Snyder was using the same credit cards to make personal charges unrelated to the Valencia High School Baseball program.

The investigation revealed there was $8,000.00 in fraudulent cash reimbursements embezzled from the ASB. An additional $7,000.00-plus was misdirected from the second Valencia Diamond Club bank account to pay for his personal charges on credit cards. Due to the unavailability of records from retail stores and online companies, it is believed the loss exceeds what was listed in the complaint.

On January 15, 2015, Judge Henry Barela of the Los Angeles County Superior Court, issued a felony arrest warrant for Snyder, bail was set at $70,000.00. Snyder is scheduled to surrender at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center on January 21, 2015.

1. Kai Ellis Kai Ellis says:

Glad to see that he will be made to answer for the allegations, but very, very sad that this happened to our kids and one of our fine sports programs.

2. Tommy Rini Tommy Rini says:

Blind eyes lead to empty pockets

3. Staci Soles Staci Soles says:

Sean Miller Craig Miller

4. Ahh, the court of public opinion. I refrain from playing armchair prosecutor/judge or jury, until the facts are out.

5. Corrina Marg Corrina Marg says:

Paula Charnock Millar!

6. Jimmy Grise Jimmy Grise says:

Hah that punk NOW WHOS THE TURD

7. Joey Rico Joey Rico says:

Wow Xavier Ochoa-Rico private school it is to much going on with Valencia

8. Gene Young Gene Young says:

Awesome town. Haha.

9. Cody McLean Cody McLean says:

Wow. Well he has to pay for his actions.

10. Just the tip of the iceberg at VHS

11. Really? I thought people moved out here to attend Valencia high because it’s a “great” School. Hmmm

12. Let’s c all the facts first before we judge

13. Jared Snyder was my team mate at Saugus High School. I am lost for words. But I must here the facts before I can make any judgment.

14. Jared Snyder was my team mate at Saugus High School. I am lost for words. But I must here the facts before I can make any judgment.

15. Matt Hank Matt Hank says:

Karma: (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person’s actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
    He deserves this.

16. Matt Hank Matt Hank says:

He deserves this.

17. Drew Fall Drew Fall says:

Brooks WalshColton BerkeryJosh HeffnerAndrew Carrillo

18. Drew Fall Drew Fall says:

Brooks WalshColton BerkeryJosh HeffnerAndrew Carrillo

19. Mike Duryea Mike Duryea says:

He’s an old pal from school days, I hope it’s all a misunderstanding. But I wish the best for my old pal Jared.

20. Mike Duryea Mike Duryea says:

25. Irvin Burton Irvin Burton says:

Well whuddya know…

26. Steven Lane Steven Lane says:

Marisa Metcalf Smith show Anthony

27. Steven Lane Steven Lane says:

Marisa Metcalf Smith show Anthony

28. Break the law pay the consequences.

29. Break the law pay the consequences.

30. He was horrifically mean to my son as his history teacher!

31. He was horrifically mean to my son as his history teacher!

32. check this out Robert Pena

33. check this out Robert Pena

34. Thug!!! Go back to your rock!

35. Thug!!! Go back to your rock!

36. Tom Dehn Tom Dehn says:

People in the unique and special position of
    Influencing youth, who conduct such criminal acts should be disgraced and punished to to fullest extent of the law.

37. Tom Dehn Tom Dehn says:

People in the unique and special position of

38. Troy Davenport Neiman

39. Troy Davenport Neiman

40. Sorry this happened. My son is an athlete/student at Valencia and he loves it!!

41. Sorry this happened. My son is an athlete/student at Valencia and he loves it!!

42. Jake Smith Jake Smith says:

Here is a fact no one is surprised except for his friends

43. There’s not facts, just allegations you moron. Go back at read the article.

44. Straight from the article – YOU ^^ might want to reread the article. FACTS:

45. Erin Prinsze Erin Prinsze says:

Just gives me another reason to hate my high school

46. Michelle Green show Bub

47. Still Running Laps says:

Maybe the Diamond Club will post his bail

48. Not surprised other teacher there does same thing

49. Missy Watson Missy Watson says:

Wow i had him my sophomore year

50. Aaron Mizak Aaron Mizak says:

Sole patch or goatee?

51. I knowing Jared Snyder for years we went to Arroyo Seco and Saugus High together. He graduated a year before me. He graduated in 1988 I graduated in 1989. Jared back in high school was a gentle giant with a good heart and was willing to do anything to help a friend. Here in America all suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The William S Hart School District has had a history of cover ups dating back to when I was a student at Saugus High. There are teachers and coaches who done far worse then what coach Snyder is accused of. I will not mention any names but we had a coach who coached freshman football and girls softball he was forced to resign because of inappropriate behavior towards the females. He and going to another school district and end up doing it again and went on to another school district after that. I had a teacher who had an affair with the student at Burbank High School and you end up marrying her and he end up being employed at Saugus high school by the William S Hart school district. Then you end up getting in trouble again and he skip town before they could nail him on other things he did.

52. It is so sad that someone in a position of trust would misuse their privilege for their own selfish purposes and mislead those around him. I wonder if he will justify his actions on some basis.

53. sounds about right….

54. My mother always told me not to trust a man with a goatee

55. Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

If you read the article it seems they have tons of evidence. I wonder why they don’t investigate politicians so closely, $15K is chump change in the grand scheme of things.

• Don Lamers Don Lamers says:

Not sure if allegations are true, but $.01 cent of stolen money is too much. I can’t believe that $15K is “chump change”. Right vs. Wrong?!!! Your comment and the likers are what is WRONG with America! Disgusting!

• Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

Don, if you were able to comprehend anything, you would notice the sarcasm in my response. Nobody is saying what this man did shouldn’t be punished, because it should!! But if they investigate small time embezzlement, why can’t they investigate it on a much larger scale? Politicians embezzle millions of OUR money and never have to answer for it. What’s wrong with our country is people such as yourself because obviously our education system has failed you.

56. Aaron Mizak Aaron Mizak says:

It’s heartbreaking to know that a man I grew up looking up to, idolizing, following to Nickle State, and later raising my kids with “Snyd Values” ended up being a monster.

57. Gary Carter says:

Snyder is a slob. He sucked when he played and sucked as coach. Hope he fries.

58. You’d think that a man embezzling that much money would step away from the Oakley look

59. Yes I read the evidence in the newspaper but again Jared has a right to a fair trial and he has a right to defend himself in court in answer to the allegations against him I’m not saying that he’s innocent and I’m not saying he’s guilty we have to go through the due process and let us have his day in court . If he’s guilty Then he’s let his friends and family down and must pay the price. And if he’s innocent then let the jury make that decision. I’m not sticking up for him I’m just saying he should have a right to a fair trial before we can jump to conclusion.

• Julie Stiff Julie Stiff says:

There are many posts on FB where people jump the gun without knowing all the facts. I often wonder what if it were them? What if they were falsely accused (not saying Jared is because I don’t know the facts) how would they feel being judged so harshly by public opinion? It was nice to read a post from someone with a rational mind. Thank you Richard.

• Hope he is ready to move out of town… regardless of outcome he is tainted with an ugly you can’t wash off…

60. Wow! We are a baseball familia & this is hard to hear … shame on this scum!

61. Aaron Mizak Aaron Mizak says:

What an embarrassment to the sole patch community.

62. I’ve had a sole patch for thirty years because of my trust in this man. Now the sole patch has been tainted with fraud and lies!

63. $15,000 all invested in the maintenance of that beautiful goatee. #WORTHIT

64. One down! A few more to go! I wonder if any of the admin had a part in this. Of course, some have retired after their shenanigans. Hmmm…but there is still karma.

65. Travis May Travis May says:

“Jared Snyder was such a kind and compassionate teacher/coach. He truly cared for his student’s/player’s well-being and lead by example. This is such a shock and surprise from a man that was not a bully or a control freak.” No One Ever.

66. Ah haha have fun in the Feds Snyder!

67. I dress my child up as The Snydog for Halloween every year with Oakleys and a prosthetic goatee to honor this man and this is how he repays us?! For shame!

68. This wouldn’t be an issue if all money went through the ASB…there would be no freedom to tap into the money.

69. Lisa Hebert Lisa Hebert says:

Michael Hebert Michael Hebert Ashton Hebert Eniko Cordes Maureen Schweitzer

70. ben says:

Was in this a$$holes class last year, I remember when he sent a girl outside after screaming at her,then her crying. All form saying “i don’t know” to a question. He got what he deserved.

71. Far worse than a student trying to stab someone, this is a teacher! Someone who represents the school

72. Aaron Mizak Aaron Mizak says:

I once was asked to participate in show and tell as a young Sophomore at VHS, I dressed up as a man that I believed to be a caring compassionate man who gave back to the community and his players. Now I’m embarrassed to say I ever dawned this mans face in a classroom

73. David Bildner Do you know about this?

74. He’s going to jail…

75. I am honored to have played for him yo!

76. Shannon Cruz Shannon Cruz says:

Omg no way! My old teacher..

77. I know this family and they were always very kind to me and my family. Innocent until proven guilty! I feel for this family because right or wrong, I am sure it is very hard on them!!

78. lmao Mayra Díaz my high school’s baseball coach

79. I have read every comment on this board and have to say I’m shocked, dispointed and disgusted by how many people have forgotten “Innocent until PROVEN Guilty” I don’t really remember him from school, as he was younger, but I can tell you that the district has not always been on the up and up, and I have seen 1st hand how things can go if you are not in the “In Crowd” I have no dog in this fight, except to remind people that both sides have not presented for public consumption, so how about we all remember innocent until proven guilty.

80. Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

It’s funny how people say innocent until proven guilty when it’s someone they know. I never see comments like this about people in the community that are arrested for “allegedly” robbing liquor stores. Hmmmm??

• Doesn’t look good for him

• How does the Michael brown case have any correlation with this? So much stupidity in this post I don’t even know where to begin. FYI liquor stores have surveillance cameras… It’s not “allegedly” when it’s caught on tape.

• Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

Ummmmmm, first of all, I mentioned NOTHING about Michael Brown. Just because I said “robbing a liquor store” you equate it to Micahael Brown? That’s your own racial issue. I was referring to the stories SCVTV posts in regards to people getting arrested around SCV for crimes that they “allegedly” commited, yet nobody comes to their defense saying, hey guys, we shouldn’t pass judgement cause they’re innocent until proven guilty. Again, the education system has failed, please read what I wrote before commenting.

81. Shannen Schaefer wasn’t he the teacher you didn’t like?

82. Adrienne Moe are not sticking up for Jarred I’m just saying everybody has a right to due process. I have a friend

83. For almost making it in the majors that’s a rookie move.

84. Jan K Lange Jan K Lange says:

What did your husband have to say about this? I always thought the guy was an ass. He was definitely one that could be “bought” by parents of the players. There was one set of parents that not only lied their son into the Valencia High attendance area, so their son would have more playing time than he did at Hart High, but they would give Jared gifts for his classroom and buy whatever was necessary to get their son top playing time. No names mentioned as I wouldn’t stoop that low. Snyder had outstanding players quit the team because of his belittling. I wouldn’t put any of it past him, but like they say, “Guilty until proven innocent”. Oops, I guess I got that mixed up!

85. That flavor savor is now his cell mates landing strip :)

86. Keep in mind we have just as many innocent people sent to prison as of those who are guilty as sin. Take for example Elmer Geronimo Pratt who is the former leader of the Black Panther Party. Pratt was in prison for almost 40 years for a crime he did not comment. He was framed for murder. Granted Pratt was a thug I’m not going to lie about that. Despite the fact Pratt was a thug DNA evidence proven he was set up and the jury convicted the wrong person. Trust me if Jarred did what he did, I will not stick up for him. If I could talk to Jared face to face I would remind him only God knows the truth God knows who’s tells the truth and he knows whose lying. If he did what he did and he knows he did it, then God will forgive him for admitting his guilt. But if he says he innocent if he says he is then he better be right or other wise he will be found guilty. That’s what I would tell him.

87. Doesn’t surprise me… 17 years ago I knew he was a nut job… He was such a cocky guy and was a dick to females…

88. No innocent person is going to open a 2nd unauthorized account and pay their personal bills out of it. Please they did a 10 month investigation of bank records, and his personal credit card purchases. He stole from children for god sakes. He did this to his family no one else.

89. I don’t trust a soul whom only grows chin hair.

And Jesus, no trust in using those horrid white-plastic shades.
    Sweet mercy, what a fugly apparition, those glasses.

90. BJ James BJ James says:

Oh no! Now the baseball team will have to find another horrible role model to emulate.

91. Have you ever done book keeping? Accounting? Administration? The only facts are that there is money missing not that it was Jared that did it. Go back to f-ing school. Allegation “a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof.”

92. Ryan Zike Ryan Zike says:

Damn Snyder! Old coach and teacher crazy!!

93. Ryan Zike Ryan Zike says:

Adrienne Moe super dumb comment!

94. Ryan Zike Ryan Zike says:

And come on ya’ll anybody who played for Snyder always made fun of him behind his back because he was full of himself and I remember it vividly. He was a smart ass

95. Mimi Bond Mimi Bond says:

He was my history teacher in summer school like 8 years ago. And he was an ASS HOLE

96. Kathryn Johnson says:

from personal experience and observation very grateful that he will never coach again. VERY.

97. Kelly Greene says:

How long was Jared Snyder a coach at Valencia High School?

98. Adrienne Moe Adrienne Moe says:

I care about your opinion Ryan Zike.

99. Laura Bildner Roberson-Jones of course it has been a hot topic here for almost a year

100. Omg this is crazy!!! And yeah he was pretty rude… I’d see him at light n healthy all the time!!

101. Marissa says:

Ashamed of what he did but was one of the best teachers for history i ever had. Learned so much from him and he really taught me to work hard and be prepared for college. Although it breaks my heart to know he did this…he still did some good at valencia.

102. John Bakraji John Bakraji says:

Whatttt that’s my old teacher. Giovanni Donan remember him

103. Kathryn Johnson says:

Those of us that experienced the years of this coaches regime are not surprised. Personally do not care if he spends one day in jail, just overwhelmingly grateful that he will never have the chance to teach/coach any student/player again.

104. I bet he touched all the boys . he looks like a fondler.and it would make sense coming out of Valencia. Bunch of gay boys anyways

105. Ruben Rivas Ruben Rivas says:

Never was a fan of this guy Favian Danny

106. Let’s see all the facts first, people! Snyder was a great teacher/person when I knew him Chelsea

107. Josh Reyes Josh Reyes says:

Great coach, cool guy…. Really sad to hear about this.

108. Presumed innocent until proven guilty.

109. Coach Snyder, in self-defense, argued that all the hats were accounted for and he didn’t have any balls.

110. I like the comments from the parents who say “he was a mean coach to my son”. As a college athlete if I had a dollar for every negative or “mean” comment/gesture I would be very well off. Being an athlete is not a warm and fuzzy environment. If that’s what you’re looking for then maybe you need to think twice about being an athlete and competing at any level. If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen. I’m not saying what coach Snyder may have done is right (innocent until proven guilty), but what I am saying for those of you who dislike him or are attacking him because he was a “mean” coach, I hate break it to you but that’s life and it only gets worse.

111. Greed will make people do stupid things, for what to have material things and be something that you are not. Very unfortunate that his family, his children have to pay the price for his actions.

112. Keeping it RICH in Awesome Town . LOL

113. Jason Gordon Jason Gordon says:

Mr..Espinoza Jr. I dont really think its a 50-50 split in prision. Maybe do some research on that. 99% of the people there. Belong there. Other wise would would be hearing stories of thousands of people being released. Although thats what we are doing with all these convicted felons anyways. No disrespect just a conversation.

114. Kristen Cunningham did you ever have him? I remember he was such an asswhole! So mean to students. I had anxiety when I would go to his class

115. Kristen Cunningham did you ever have him? I remember he was such an asswhole! So mean to students. I had anxiety when I would go to his class

116. As a member of his first team he coached at VHS I’m surprised and at the same time not surprised. Now I’m a member of California State Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and it looks like he will be too.

117. As a member of his first team he coached at VHS I’m surprised and at the same time not surprised. Now I’m a member of California State Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and it looks like he will be too.

118. Jason Gordon the Department of Justice released a report about 10 years ago stating that about 25% of incarcerated people are innocent.

119. Jason Gordon the Department of Justice released a report about 10 years ago stating that about 25% of incarcerated people are innocent.

120. Maria says:

That’s why I left scv. The school district is going down hill.

121. Silvie Faust Silvie Faust says:

I feel sad for our community. Especially for our kids..

122. Danny Reilly Danny Reilly says:

He sounds like a pos .he’ll look good in county pink

123. Paquita Engle says:

Sounds fishy. He has a lot of explaining to do. Does sound like he was double dipping. lately many schools have problems not with the students but with adults who work there. Volunteers work countless hours to gather funds for the kids. This may detour others from donating. There should be better checks and balances in place. It’s too bad to read these sort of stories, but, all the schools in this Valley have awesome volunteers and donations.

124. Bryan Calderon Randy Calderon. Not a shocker

125. Hes gonna tell the judge “hey….atleast its not rape”

126. Shawna Lemke Shawna Lemke says:

Yep that was some of my money

127. Kirsten Trimble says:

I’m very saddened by the fact that there are childrens’ lives that have or will be affected by this. The whole situation…very sad.

128. Jim Melton says:

Sad. Anybody else feel like there’s comments missing though? Some stuff you all are referencing I cant find

Friday, Jan 19, 2018
Jan. 22: Filming in Valencia Prompts Street Closures
On Monday, January 22, 2018, traffic on McBean Parkway, between Magic Mountain Parkway and Valencia Boulevard, will experience delays intermittently between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. due to filming involving a Cessna airplane that will land at Valencia Country Club. It is anticipated there will be fewer than five brief closures throughout the day and each will last for approximately two to five minutes.
Friday, Jan 19, 2018
Monroy Sentenced to 21 Years for 2016 Newhall Murder
Joseph Wayne Monroy, a South Gate man charged with the murder of a Newhall man in January 2016, pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in Los Angeles Superior Court today, and was sentenced to 21 years in prison.
Friday, Jan 19, 2018
Brown Expands High-Speed Rail Exec Team to Move Project Forward
Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. has appointed Joseph Hedges to the position of Chief Operating Officer and Pamela Mizukami as Chief Deputy Director of the California High-Speed Rail Authority.

Jan. 22: Filming in Valencia Prompts Street Closures
Attorneys Brian Koegle and David Poole of Santa Clarita Valley law firm Poole & Shaffery, LLP will provide insight on legal matters affecting California businesses at the Valley Industry Association's February luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Valencia on February 20 starting at 11:45 a.m.
Feb. 20: VIA Luncheon, 2018 Employment Law Update
Oak Hills Educational Foundation and Oak Hills PTA will be hosting their annual science fair at Oak Hills School in Valencia in the form of an exciting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Expo event on Jan. 23rd-26th.
Jan. 26: Oaks Hills STEM Expo
2017 was an exceptional year for the Santa Clarita Valley economy, and 2018 promises even more positive growth.
Live, Work, Play in SCV: All to Improve in 2018
Santa Clarita Valley Economic Development Corporation Mythbusters tackle a tough and persistent question: Is growing a community a good thing?
SCV EDC Mythbusters: Why Growth is Good
The nonprofit SCV Mayor’s Committee For Employment of Individuals with Disabilities will host its second annual Educate-Empower-Employ Recognition Luncheon at COC on Thursday, February 22.
Feb. 22: SCV Mayor’s Committee Annual Luncheon, Fundraiser
CalArts alumni will stage the second annual Co-Incidence Festival, an experimental music festival and residency hosted at Washington Street Gallery in Somerville, Massachusetts from Jan. 19-28.
Jan. 19-28: CalArtians Stage Co-Incidence Festival in Mass.
Monroy Sentenced to 21 Years for 2016 Newhall Murder
Brown Expands High-Speed Rail Exec Team to Move Project Forward
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health reports that influenza activity has declined over the last two weeks; however, activity is still widespread and higher than peak levels observed during recent seasons.
Flu Outbreak Eases in LA County, But Still Widepsread
The Governing Board of the William S. Hart Union High School District has appointed Brittany Kruczynski as the new Director of Fiscal Services.
Kruczynski Named Hart District Fiscal Services Director
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station deputies were out in force stepping up enforcement of pedestrian and bicycle safety laws and issued 69 citations to drivers Wednesday, but none to pedestrians.
SCV Deputies’ Pedestrian, Bike Safety Push Nets 69 Citations
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra today issued a statement calling out Acting Director Mick Mulvaney of the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for requesting a total of $0 for the agency's second-quarter budget.
State AG: ‘Trump Officials Treat Consumer Financial Protection as a Joke’
The Santa Clarita City Council will hold its next Regular Meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 23 at 6 p.m.
Jan. 23: City Council Regular Meeting
Amazon announced its list of top 20 finalists for their new headquarters Thursday, and the Los Angeles area -- including the Santa Clarita Valley -- was named among them.
LA, Including SCV’s Newhall Ranch, In the Running for Amazon’s HQ2
1967 - Original airing of Star Trek "Arena" Episode: Kirk battles the Gorn commander (Saugus resident Bobby Clark) at Vasquez Rocks [watch]
In an exciting conclusion of events, approximately 40 inmates who participated in the Education Based Incarceration program received either a high school diploma or certificate of completion for vocational training.
Largest Class of Inmates in Education Based Incarceration Program Graduates
The Santa Clarita Valley Water Agency (SCV Water) has selected its inaugural leadership to preside over the launch of the newly formed water provider.
SCV Water Selects Inaugural Leadership
Well V-205, located near McBean Parkway and Valencia Blvd., was voluntarily removed from service in April 2012 when perchlorate was detected in low concentrations, below the Detection Level for Reporting (DLR).
Perchlorate at Out-of-Service Well Reaches Actionable Level
The Santa Clarita City Council will consider purchasing the 4,598-square-foot building Roger Dunn Golf Shop building in Newhall when the council meets next week.
City Eyeing Purchase of Roger Dunn Building
Here are the Santa Clarita arts-related events for Jan. 20 and Jan. 25:
Jan. 20, 25: Santa Clarita Arts Calendar
Following in the footsteps of her grandfather, dad, mom and several other family members, Erin Oxhorn-Gilpin always wanted to be a teacher.
CSUN Alumna Nabs Teacher of the Year
Legendary Band, "The Chieftains," will celebrate their 55th Anniversary with a performance at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center (SCPAC), Saturday, Feb. 24, at 8:00 p.m.
Feb. 24: The Chieftains 55th Anniversary Tour
SEATTLE - Amazon reviewed 238 proposals from across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico to host HQ2, the company’s second headquarters in North America.
Los Angeles on Short List of Amazon’s HQ2
The Santa Clarita Valley Sanitation District Board of Directors will hold its Regular Meeting Friday at 11:30 a.m.
Jan. 19: SCV Sanitation District Regular Meeting
Kevin Young has been selected as the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) 2018 Katie Jacobson Writer-in-Residence. Young will conduct workshops with CalArts students in the MFA Creative Writing Program and present public readings, which will be held at CalArts on Feb. 15 at 7:00 p.m. and at REDCAT in Downtown Los Angeles on Feb. 16 at 8:30 p.m.
The New Yorker’s Poetry Editor Selected as CalArts 2018 Writer-in-Residence
LOS ANGELES – The County Interim Health Officer is issuing a Cold Weather Alert due to the National Weather Service’s forecast for low temperatures. Wind chill temperatures are expected to be below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Affected areas include:
Cold Weather Alert Issued for SCV
Here is the Valencia Crime Information and Public Safety report for the week of Jan. 1:
Crime Blotter: Shoplifting, Burglary, Grand Theft Auto in Valencia
Here is the Saugus (Zone 4) Public Safety and Crime Prevention Information for the week of Jan. 8:
Crime Blotter: Burglary, Grand Theft Auto in Saugus
Here is the Stevenson Ranch (Zone 3) Public Safety and Crime Information Report for the week of Jan. 8:
Crime Blotter: Attempted Robbery, Grand Theft Auto, Burglary in Stevenson Ranch
Here is the Newhall (Zone 6) Public Safety and Crime Prevention Information for the week of Jan. 8:
Crime Blotter: Commercial Burglary, Vehicle Burglary, Grand Theft in Newhall
1899 - Martin & Richard Wood buy J.H. Tolfree's Saugus Eating House, rename it Saugus Cafe [story]
The dismantling of a multi-state drug trafficking organization that used the U.S. Postal Service to mail packages of crystal methamphetamine and marijuana from California to traffickers in Pennsylvania since at least April 2016 - and the arrests of five leaders who spearheaded the corrupt organization, including two from the Santa Clarita Valley - were announced Wednesday by Montgomery County (Penn.) District Attorney Kevin R. Steele.
2 from SCV Netted in Major East Coast Drug Bust
With The Master's University's 2018 baseball season about to begin, TMU Sports Information Director Mason Nesbitt offers a preview.
TMU Previews Mustangs’ 2018 Baseball Season
Several CalArtians are among the Chicago-based United States Artists' annual fellowship class of 45 artists and collaboratives who will each receive an unrestricted $50,000 grant for their respective art practices.
CalArtians Among United States Artists’ New Fellowship Class