Clear
Clear

December 16
1902 - Hi Jolly (Hadji Ali), Gen. E.F. Beale's Syrian camel driver, dies at Quartzsite, Ariz. [story]

| Thursday, Aug 13, 2015
fatal081315
Photo: Kris Kelso/SCVTV

[KHTS] – A motorcyclist was killed when he crashed his bike early Thursday morning in Canyon Country.

“A witness said the motorcycle passed him at high rate of speed, estimated at 100 mph,” said Detective Thomas Brooks with the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station. “When the witness finally caught up to the scene, the witness found the motorcycle but not the person and called us. After a search of the area, they found the cyclist off the roadway and he was pronounced dead at the scene.”

[GOFUNDME Page to help defray funeral expenses]

Justin Anthony McKinnon

Justin Anthony McKinnon

The man is described as a 22-year-old male Caucasian, according to a police report.

Coroner’s office officials have identified the man and are waiting to notify the next of kin, said Coroner Spokesman Ed Winter.

The crash occurred around 2:48 a.m. Thursday on Whites Canyon Road near Nadal Street.

The motorcycle was traveling north on Whites Canyon Road just north of Nadal Street,” according to a report by Sgt. Richard Cohen of the SCV Sheriff’s Station Traffic Division. The motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed when the driver lost control and crashed along the east curb line. The victim was possibly traveling with another motorcyclist and racing.”

Whites Canyon Road was closed for several hours, Brooks said.

This is the second fatal crash to occur in that area in the past week.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department officials are continuing to investigate the case.

1. Thomas North this is why you drive safe!!!!

• Tonya Hunt Tonya Hunt says:

IT’S Not just the oer sd on on a bike.. it’s you pi rop lk e in your cars who don’t look for us speeding in your cars talking on your cell phones cutting others off making un looking over your shoulders to see if it’s safe. Tailgating break checks not paying attention effect the guy or girl riding that bike. But if you ride please rock the gear ..

• Tonya Hunt Tonya Hunt says:

Sorry type o should say it’s not just the person on the bike

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

Rocking a safe speed would’ve prevented this.. Not justifying his reckless actions and tell other drivers to look out for someone driving like a maniac. Make it sound like he was right and other drivers are the problem.. This was his actions alone that caused this; not someone in a car not looking in the mirror. Don’t candy coat this Tonya.

2. Trina Aeen Trina Aeen says:

There’s one that goes up Seco canyon almost every night. So fast and loud it wakes us up. I just know one day it will stop, because the same thing will happen. :(

3. Lars Svanoe Lars Svanoe says:

Eric Baker and Trina Aeen we are all sorry you were woke up – Hopefully you never experience losing a child or family member! Sleep well.

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

I lost a son and a sister.. I know what it’s like. No excuse for being wreckless and putting everyone around you in life threatening danger.

• Kim Alvarez says:

Well said Eric Baker, though it didn’t seem like you were actually complaining about the noise, more the concern that this will be the fate of another motorcyclist going too fast. I lost my sister in an accident, by the fault of the other driver. It’s not about blame, it’s about being safe.

• Lars Svanoe Lars Svanoe says:

Absolutely correct but no excuse for posting comments publicly that could offend the family of departed. And hoping it was someone is just asking for Karma.

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

Could’ve been another whole family he could’ve wiped off the earth, had he hit them at that speed. No excuse for driving like that.

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

I’m offended people justifying driving like a maniac..

• Lars Svanoe Lars Svanoe says:

Well sounds like you got your wish then…. Sleep Well

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

I will. You sleep well too thinking driving like a maniac and putting many innocent of lives at risk is ok. I’ve seen and lived it.. Have you???

• Lars Svanoe Lars Svanoe says:

I never condoned or agreed with riding wrecklessly – I just suggested it was unhuman to HOPE he was killed

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

Sorry if I sound jaded, but i’m sick of losing family members and friends, as well as hearing about other innocent lives being taken from someone that thinks it’s cool to be dangerous as can be to everyone around them. I’ve seen enough death to last 100 lifetimes. Sorry his family and friends had to deal with this, but my primary concern is everyone else’s lives that could’ve been taken as well. It happens too often.

• U can’t wipe out a family in a car while on a streetbike

• Kim Alvarez says:

Unfortunately Tabitha, you can. I worked in a trauma center for 12 years. You’d be surprised what one motorcycle can do…

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

The hell you can!! knock them off the road and into a pole, off a bridge, over a big drop. They only need to lose control for a micro second.. He can hit a family walking…

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

I can’t believe you are trying to justify this.

• No one is justifying people who drive like maniacs, Eric, but what you are doing and saying will only hurt the loved ones left behind and they have done nothing wrong. Please, have some compassion and human decency. Apologize and remove your comments.

• Eric Baker, u already deleted your other post because everyone tore u a new one, just stop. A streetbike can’t knock a car off the road ! And it was at 230 am? Does your family walk at that time on Soledad none the less. Your being heartless

• And since u deleted the last one here’s in response to your other lame remarks

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

I didn’t delete anything. It was pulled. I’m not being heartless, i’m being honest about this stuff. I see plenty walking at 2:30. Yes they can make a car lose control. I’ve watched it happen. Think what you think. When you lose friends and family from people like that, you’ll have a different tune. I said I am sorry for the family and friends, but don’t justify driving dangerously.

• Nice, a picture of him riding dangerously.. Don’t think it’s very good to be showing such pictures after what that just earned him…. Hope other riders out there take this as a learning lesson about riding like that Alina.. My father always told me it was a matter of when; not if when riding motorcycles. Thanks for encouraging this type of driving Alina.. SMH.

• Trina Aeen Trina Aeen says:

It’s not the point of being woke up. It’s the point of slowing down so these things don’t happen. It woke us up because of the high rate of speed. I’m not sure how that was misinterpreted, but I apologize for not making myself clearer.

• Kristina Joy Kristina Joy says:

Wow this eric guy is ridiculous. Of course no one wants motorcyclists driving at high speeds. Or in any vehicle for that matter. Does that mean he deserved what he got? Absolutely not. Sorry you didn’t get your beauty rest, princess. RIP to he who was lost

• Tonya Hunt Tonya Hunt says:

Ok Eric next time your in yo u r car don’t speed dont talk on your cell I or text

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

I never do. I know better.

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

This isn’t about me Tonya and Kristina. This is about taking a lesson about what happens when someone drives dangerously. Hopefully someone out there will think twice and not try to go faster than their abilities. It’s very unfortunate what happened. I’ve lost too much already around me from senseless actions.. That’s why I think this really needs to stop. You can call me names and hate me all you want. The truth is the truth. I know what it’s like to lose those closest to me. Have you??

4. Cory Rubin Cory Rubin says:

Drive fast, die fast.

5. June Perez
    Is that the Tom we know?

6. I heard about the accident this morning. So tragic. Sending up prayers for their family and friends.

7. Anonymous says:

I remember very well what it was like being 22
    And I was just as stupid as the young man driving this motorcycle
    The difference is
    I survived being 22
    He did not
    I’m sorry for his family and friends
    But let’s hope that this one terrible incident, which could have been prevented, provides enough motivation so that a bunch of other 22 year olds survive being 22

8. Ashley Solon Ashley Solon says:

Rest in Peace Justin Anthony….my prayers to you and your family

9. Marc Rice Marc Rice says:

I live behind McBean and often hear people on motorcycles open up the throttle and hit high speeds. I always dread hearing a crash and, so far, it has not happened. Hopefully this young mans death will help his friends reevaluate the way they ride. RIP.

10. David Hong David Hong says:

How do you know he/she was going 100

• It was stated in the article that the witness estimated the speed to be that…

• m.robinson says:

People Need to stop trying to estimate motorcycle speeds, because your all wrong! i passed a friend on the highway and when we got to his house he said” Man you was flying, i replied ” i was only doing 70 mph. Bikes accelorate way faster than any car, and your eyebals can NEVER judge the speed of a bike, the facts here are “Nobody was there, so stop all this speculating!!!! it could have been a locked up wheel , flat tire, slick spot, seized brakes, or a whole host of other things that caused him to lose control of his bike, also animals, rabbits possums, skunks, turkeys. just say a prayer , if you truly care and leave it at that!!! ive been riding 17 years and some losses have been due to their own actions and some not period. RIP Fellow Rider!!! “Burn Rubber Not your Soul” From All MC’s in Kansas.

11. Lau Keyzer Lau Keyzer says:

RIP but squids need to mellow out.

12. Rest In Paradise Justin Anthony! My condolences to your family.

13. So sad :( it’s such a heartbreaking news! Praying for his family. I’m gonna miss seeing him, since he loved down the street from my house :'(

14. Ray Smith Ray Smith says:

So sorry Kiddo…. Looks like you went out doing what you loved though.
    I do t know you but, I saw your love for ridding on your wall. Rest in Peace. Loving energy being sent out to the lives of those who knew you. 💞

15. Rip, I cannot believe this is real
    Prayers to his family

16. Julian Mirza Julian Mirza says:

When will people learn

17. Dale Goodman Dale Goodman says:

nat·u·ral se·lec·tion

18. Anonymous says:

Story says “This is the second fatal crash to occur in that area in the past week.” Anyone know about that? Very sorry for these families.

19. evelyn Martinez says:

This was my cousin justin the cousins have set up a go fund me page we appreciate your help even a small donation of a dollar can make a difference thank you http://www.gofundme.com/mdbu8w7g

20. Matt Lightbody Joey Michalski dat road block

21. I just saw a motorcyclist haulin ass up this street 15 mins ago!! Then i see the memorial for the other guy that got hit last week, slow the fk down!!

22. 100mph in canyon country? Thats suicide not an accident.

• 100 miles ANYWHERE, on a motorcycle, in a car….unless your driving a tank your going to be toast!

• Yea but if you ever driven or ridin tgrough cc then youd know its a death trap. Theres a time and a place for speeding and racing and its not in scv road ways.

• Tonya Hunt Tonya Hunt says:

Your assuming he was going 100 mph but you have no facts to back I t up other than a high rate of speed.. I see cars doing excess speeds all the time in canyon country it’s not just people who ride bikes who speed. There’s also the ones who are not looking talking on there cell phones . Eating not paying attention not looking for us on bikes cutting us off making unsafe lane changes nit looking over your shoulders to see if its safe you people on cars speed all tge time when your not up tge cars ahead of you @$$.

• yea but if investigation says around a 100+ mph then chances are any one “not paying attention will get what murphey’s law has placed for them.” i feel bad for him but lets be honest. it wasn’t a texting and driving accident he was probably paying close detail. but did not know how to handle life at 100 mph. rip to him and blessings to his family. but hes not the first and he wont be the last.. if only others would learn from this instead of being stubborn.

• Don’t ever talk about Justin’s accident as a suicide do not ever . that’s so disrespectful for the people mourning his loss its a sad sad ordeal and it’s just too soon.

• Tonya Hunt Tonya Hunt says:

Fo YOU ride a motorcycle tho? It’s easy to sit on tge dude lines and assume … what bugs me is people who never rode criticize others I’m pretty damn sure u your self are guilty of speeding in a car what’s the differences. A u oung nan still lost his life and I’m sure one day his loved ones will see your post and it’s a difficult thing to see as a parent after loosing a son when his body is still warm.

• Tonya Hunt Tonya Hunt says:

Sorry for type o’s hard to type when someone’s post upsets you trying to type thu all tge tears

• Im not saying it was a suicide im saying. Most riders who fly through this town get wrecked and go down hard. Not all will walk away. But cc is so crowed poorly lit and and roads are not well maintained.. There could be speculation its not his fault at all and the city could be to blame. I dont know the whole story not even trying to offend anyone. But anyone willing to hit that high rate of speed and anyone willing to allow it should be willing to accept tge consquences.

23. Driving fast like that you better be a pro…. Even then you never know what can happen maybe people will learn now form one terrible thing that happen

• Tonya Hunt Tonya Hunt says:

Even pros know the risk and yes even pops die if y I u don’t ride you will b ever fully understand there’s a lot of idiots who never look for bikes even cars speed at high rate of speed.

• Tonya I don’t understand why you keep defending bikers on every. single. comment. YES, drivers do not pay attention but it goes both ways. As a motorcyclist, knowing cars can’t see you YOU have to be the one to pay attention. In this case did a car take this young man out? No. He took himself out. So why do you keep blaming cars? You’re trying to make a generalization that all bikers do nothing wrong and don’t show off…where do you think the term squid came from?

ANYWAYS, RIP to the rider lost, and prayers to his family and friends. Very sad day regardless of why or how it happened.

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

Tonya needs to justify this behavior, as it’s acceptable to be a reckless driver.

24. So sad we were hearing a motorcycle go super fast in Newhall last night… Rip

• Eric Baker Eric Baker says:

I heard 2 last night about near the time this happened. It woke me up. I was expecting to hear a crash soon.. Heard them speed off into the night, down the road. Now I read this and think, “This had to be the same ones I heard screaming down the road”. No word on the other biker though.. I’d like to hear what he/she has to say about it…. It’s very tragic. Too many people think it won’t and can’t happen to them.

25. Anita Walsh Anita Walsh says:

Prayers to the family

26. Woke up last night to hear a high speed motorcycle doing what had to be in excess off 100mph on Seco Cyn. Wish those who ride like that will wake up and not become a statistic, or cause some innocent victim to become a statistic.

27. Well you want to go racing then looked what happened!

• Tonya Hunt Tonya Hunt says:

And it cost him his life I’m sure his family would understand your lack of sympathy. Never the less as a rider my self we know the risk people not looking for us on there phones cutting us off not them speeding not just bikes speed. .. GODSPEED brother ride in heven.

• Suzie Acosta Suzie Acosta says:

My boyfriend is a rider himself Tonya and it’s 50/50 to say the least. Yes motorcyclist have to be careful be cautious of other drivers bc those drivers aren’t cautious of them, BUT this guy drove like a dick EVERY DAY down whites canyon. And he wasn’t a very experienced rider either, he barely knew how to use his clutch. Needless to say it’s tragic but an inexperienced rider shouldn’t have been racing or riding 100+ down a road that there are accident on all the time bc people lose control at the turns. I’m sorry for his families loss but this could have been prevented.

28. Melanie Siebe McMorrow

29. David Lester David Lester says:

Sometimes being a nube is dangerous. High speed is the number one cause of death on motorcycles. Well, next to drinking and riding a motorcycle. Having a lot of power on a vehicle is sometimes too much for some riders. They need to drive a 4 banger car so they aren’t tempted. God rest his soul.

30. You can always count on a go fund me being set up as soon as anyone dies. No matter the cause.

• Kristina Joy Kristina Joy says:

Should there not be??? I don’t understand your comment. I’m so glad there is a place I can go to support someone who has suffered such a loss.

• Sara Denos Sara Denos says:

Randi have you lost an immediate family member suddenly?! Do you know the costs of having a funeral?! Not to mention all the time lost at your job! Luckily there was nobody else involved….and I certainly don’t see the harm in setting up a go find me for this man.

• I’m really tired of seeing a go fund me every single time someone dies. I understand when a parent/breadwinner dies of cance, but I don’t understand 2 pages asking for 70k for the boy who died a few weeks ago. A funeral doesn’t cost that much. Family will also collect drivers insurance. Same in this case. Victims insurance will pay out for his death.

• Sara Denos Sara Denos says:

You have NO idea what the situation is. I’m sure they are not trying to collect money to go on a family vacation!

• Oh wow, I’m shocked by your comment. Someone just loss their life, loss their son, brother, friend…show some respect . Your comment is so insensitive . Why do you care if they have a go fund me page? You don’t know their situation. And YES, funerals are expensive . Jesus..some people. Disgusting

• Jenessa Fernandes. Wake up girl. People are scammers. We donated to a family who had a fire. Sofa, clothes, toilitries. Found out they never received our items. Btw. I did see a go fund me asking for money so they could take a vacation.

31. Wow what a tragic loss. Heartbreaking, rip justin

32. There was a Tabitha Jennings on the website side of this conversation saying you can’t take out a family in a car with a motorcycle. Since you can’t post images via their webpage, maybe she’ll stop by here and take a look. Tell us again how a motorcycle traveling at high speed can’t take out a car …

33. Another for Tabitha Jennings …

34. David Lynch David Lynch says:

There are old motorcyclists and there are bold motorcyclists, but there are no old bold motorcyclists.

35. I am absolutely heart broken I cannot believe it such a handsome man gone way too soon I will never ever ever forget the memories I had and am lucky I had great memories with him

36. Rip so sad my friend knows him and I know his parents :( prayers

37. Rip rider!
    My condolences to your family
    Can’t believe u are gone bro :(
    See u in heaven brother!

38. Rip rider!
    My condolences to your family
    Can’t believe u are gone bro :(
    See u in heaven brother!

39. Rip rider!
    My condolences to your family
    Can’t believe u are gone bro :(
    See u in heaven brother!

40. Rest in peace Justin, so glad I got to know you, and so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news. My thoughts go out to your family❤️

41. Vanessa Jauregui Gonzalez

42. Troy Wells Troy Wells says:

I was sitting here at Henry Mayo ER when the paramedics brought in a John Doe motorcycle accident. CHP said he was doing 100+ mph when he lost control.
    He’s currently in ICU with a broken neck and internal injuries.

43. Purpleging says:

Cameras and speed bumps which were a trial in the Valencia early building have ruled out as needed. Now, what has to happen before speed bumps are in place so this race track on our City streets is allowed to be used for racing. The young lives that are gone seem to be enough to do something drastic to save lives. Then cameras to see what exactly is going on to intervene and remove license from those who insist on speed. Drastic measures need to be placed as this community waits for this to happen before looking for ways to prevent it.

44. Steven Montenegro says:

Rest in peace Justin. I’m proud that we were friends and thank you for all of the constant laughs. My love and condolences go out to his family.

45. Jim Lynn says:

Have you heard {awesome town] is number one in suicides? Do you think this might be a suicide?

46. I found it :/ Lucas Jordan

47. Such a tragic loss. My prayers to the family 🙏🏻

48. All this arguing. There was a death. It did not have to happen but it did. People, be kind to one another. Life is short and precious. It is much easier to love than it is to hate.

49. That is very sad, and we will pray for the family members that God cradle them and there lost one in his arms.

50. Rusty Sills Rusty Sills says:

Los Angeles, 1980 on a residential street a biker challenges me in a motorcycle race, fortunately for me I was in the left lane when a 1967 mustang backed out of Her driveway in front of us, he broadside Her at approximately 90 mpr, lived but suffered major facial reconstructive surgery.

Friday, Dec 15, 2017
Weekend Fire Weather Watch Called for SCV
The National Weather Service has called a Fire Weather Watch for this weekend for Los Angeles and Ventura County mountains and valleys including the Santa Clarita Valley due to gusty northeast wind and low relative humidity.
Friday, Dec 15, 2017
Bicyclist Arrested for Warrant, Cocaine in Canyon Country
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station deputies arrested a 21-year-old man who had an outstanding warrant and was allegedly in possession of cocaine in Canyon Country early Thursday.
Friday, Dec 15, 2017
Elite LASD Drug Enforcement Team Disrupts Cartel Operations
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department looks back at five years of work by its Domestic Highway Enforcement Team, which has disrupted the operations of the drug cartels by confiscating millions of dollars in illegal drugs and drug money.

Weekend Fire Weather Watch Called for SCV
Bicyclist Arrested for Warrant, Cocaine in Canyon Country
Valencia-based Princess Cruises, voted the #1 international cruise line in Japan, announced its 2019 program featuring Japanese-built Diamond Princess returning for her sixth season, sailing roundtrip from Tokyo (Yokohama) and Kobe.
Princess Cruises Unveils 2019 Japan Cruise Program
Valencia-based Princess Cruises released its 2019 Canada and New England cruise schedule, featuring Regal Princess and Caribbean Princess on the line’s largest fall deployment and the opportunity to visit Greenland roundtrip from New York
Princess Cruises Sets Fall 2019 Cruises to Canada, New England
Elite LASD Drug Enforcement Team Disrupts Cartel Operations
College of the Canyons quarterback Andrew Brito, wide receiver Desean Holmes and linebacker KJ Latu have been named to the 2017 Region III All-California Community College Football Team.
Brito, Holmes, Latu Represent Cougars on All-State Team
Tickets and sponsorships are now available for the Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce's 2018 awards ceremony and installation of new officers at Tournament Players Club in Valencia on Friday night, January 26.
Jan. 26: SCV Chamber of Commerce 2018 Awards, Installation Gala
Sponsorships are now open for the Santa Clarita Valley Economic Development Corporation's 2018 Economic Outlook Conference, set for Thursday, March 8, 2018 at a location to be announced shortly.
SCV 2018 Economic Outlook Conference Tickets, Sponsorships Open
SetPoint Medical, a Valencia-based biomedical company developing therapy for chronic inflammatory diseases, has received approval from the FDA to initiate a pilot trial in the U.S. for patients with drug-refractory rheumatoid arthritis.
FDA OK’s SetPoint Bioelectronic Therapy Study for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr., representing the United States - and states and regions leading on climate across the globe - joined world leaders at the One Planet Summit Tuesday, the two-year anniversary of the Paris Agreement.
Brown in Paris: ‘We Can’t Wait for White House to Wake Up’
The regular Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday, December 19 has been canceled, according to a notification from the city of Santa Clarita today.
City Cancels Dec. 19 Planning Commission Meeting
The next meeting of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors is set for Tuesday, December 19, starting at 9:30 a.m.
Dec. 19: L.A. County Board of Supervisors Meeting
L.A. County's Bringing Our Loved Ones Home Task Force officials unveiled their final recommendations, endorsing a plan to use a voluntary system of trackable bracelets to find people prone to wandering, like those suffering from Alzheimer’s or autism.
County Task Force Calls for Tracking Bracelets to Locate Lost Individuals
The Community Development Commission of the county of Los Angeles looks back on 35 years of advancing its core program areas: affordable housing and housing, community and economic development.
County Community Development Commission Marks 35th Anniversary
Metro is seeking two new members to join the Measure M Independent Taxpayer Oversight Committee.
Metro Seeks 2 New Measure M Oversight Committee Members
The California Air Resources Board approved a $663 million low-carbon transportation plan Thursday to increase the use of clean cars, heavy-duty trucks, buses and freight equipment.
Air Resources Board OK’s $663 Million for Clean Vehicles
The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station has released its public safety and crime information report for Saugus (Zone 4) for December 4-10, 2017.
Crime Blotter: Shoplifting, Petty Theft in Saugus
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra has filed his strong opposition to the Trump Administration’s illegal attempt to suspend the 2015 Clean Water Rule for two years.
California AG, 10 Others Oppose Feds’ Suspension of Clean Water Rule
Conservation groups on Friday lobbied a federal judge for permission to join a fight between the federal government and a ranching association over a trio of California amphibian species.
Conservationists Lobby to Join Fray Over Frog Habitat
1987 - Incorporation: Santa Clarita officially becomes a city [story]
With an offense that challenged the program’s single-season goals record, The Master’s University women’s soccer team was almost almost never out of any game it played: The Mustangs were always within striking range.
Lady Mustangs Within Range of Directors’ Cup Top Spots
When Ed Jackiewicz met Tera Trujillo in spring 2015, she was studying at a desk she’d carried to the corner of the California State University, Northridge soccer field, in a “time out” of sorts, unable to practice because she’d just earned a D in an economics class.
CSUN’s “Under Armour Faculty” Promotes Academic Success in Student-Athletes
When Rafael Munoz recalls his time at the Layer 8 Computer Security Club at California State University, Northridge, he feels proud and thankful.
CSUN’s Tech Education Makes Top 10 List
The city of Santa Clarita Arts and Events division is currently seeking proposals for solo exhibits for 2018 in the gallery space at The MAIN, the City’s newest arts venue in Old Town Newhall.
City Seeking Artists for 2018 Solo Exhibits
NORTHRIDGE, Calif.---CSUN Men's Basketball returns to the road for the final time in the non-conference season this weekend.
CSUN to Face-Off Against Formal Rival Eastern Washington
Here is a list of Santa Clarita arts-related events for Friday:
Dec. 15: Santa Clarita Arts Calendar
This Friday and Saturday (Dec. 15-16), The Sharon Disney Lund School of Dance brings their annual Winter Dance Concert to the REDCAT stage.
Dec. 15, 16: Sharon Disney Lund School of Dance Concert at REDCAT
The William S. Hart Union High School District Governing Board has approved naming Dr. Collyn Nielsen as Chief Administrative Officer and Jan Hayes-Rennels as Director of Special Programs and Staff Development.
Hart Appoints Nielsen, Hayes-Rennels to District Office Positions
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. - The CSUN men's volleyball team was picked to finish third in the inaugural Big West Men's Volleyball Preseason Coaches Poll announced Thursday.
Big West Pre-Season Coaches Poll Puts Matadors Volleyball at No. 3
A 44-year-old transient was arrested by SCV Sheriff's Station deputies Wednesday afternoon after he allegedly tried to pick up his 8-year-old niece from a school in Santa Clarita.
Suspect Arrested in Attempted Kidnapping
It was a night to honor exceptional mentors at California State University, Northridge, but the five recipients of the 2017 Don Dorsey Excellence in Mentoring Awards just wanted to talk about their students.
CSUN Pays Tribute to Mentors Who Have Made a Difference
The words leapt right off the page and hung in the air, heavy, encircling the audience. Their creator stood, offering his gifts of verse — shared in a powerful baritone voice.
Literary Star Power Comes to CSUN
While critical fire conditions continue through Friday, the final numbers for the Rye Fire have been released.
Officials Release Final Numbers on Rye Fire
The William S. Hart Union High School District Governing Board held it’s annual reorganizational meeting Wednesday night, naming Steve Sturgeon as Board President.
Steve Sturgeon Named 2018 Hart Board President
Castaic Elementary School is collecting gently used children's clothing and toys for the victims of the Creek Fire in Sylmar.
Local School Collecting Clothes, Toys for Creek Fire Victims