Clear
Clear

January 23
1882 - Author Helen Hunt Jackson visits Rancho Camulos; inspiration for "Ramona" novel [story]
HH Jackson

Santa Clarita Valley residents will have a chance to weigh in on the “north entrance” to the eventual 20,000-home Newhall Ranch development at a public meeting March 24.

Entrada North – “entrada” meaning entrance – is envisioned as a new Town Center with shopping, dining and entertainment surrounded by 1,150 multi-family residential units.

Developed by The Newhall Land and Farming Co., Entrada North would sit on 479.3 acres southwest of the junction of Interstate 5 and Highway 126.

entradanorth-vicinityDevelopment would be concentrated in two main areas. “Site A” is the long-talked-about town center/entertainment area between Interstate 5 and the Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park. “Site B” is the freeway corridor between the highways and the Santa Clara River.

Entrada North is actuallly part of Newhall Land’s original Valencia Master Plan – not the separate 20,000-home Newhall Ranch project. But it will “feel” like part of the Newhall Ranch development, which will abut it.

Entrada North is in the early stages of the process. A “notice of preparation of a draft environmental impact report” has been published (the “NOP”). It identifies the issues that are to be addressed in the EIR when it is drafted. The public comment period on the NOP opened March 10 and closes April 8.

Entrada North - Site B

Entrada North – Site B

The March 24 meeting is a part of that process. On that date the Regional Planning Department will hold a scoping meeting in the Santa Clarita Valley to give the public additional opportunities to identify issues that should be covered in the EIR.

Then the EIR will be drafted, and then additional hearings will be held.

Read the Entrada North NOP [here].

Entrada North - Site A

Entrada North – Site A

The following is a description of the Entrada project from BAR Architects of San Francisco, who did the conceptual design work:

Adjacent to Six Flags Magic Mountain, The Entrada North master plan brings together residential, commercial, and hospitality into a new district. The master plan is based on a “Town Center” concept, with pedestrian friendly streets that connect various districts with outdoor parks and plazas that provide areas for congregation. With over 1,200 residential units planned, the Entrada North is envisioned to be a vibrant community, where residents and visitors alike can enjoy the many services and amenities provided.

This new town center will provide 3 distinct Districts linked together by a loop road. The “Shopping District” provides a combination of retail and outdoor spaces, all connected via a Main Street, the character of which is defined by ground level retail with office/residential above, along with a linear park that incorporates outdoor seating and dining opportunities.

The Shopping District culminates at a central park fronting a new hotel. The “Entertainment/Dining District” consists of a movie theater, dining, retailers and residential, all centralized around an outdoor plaza. The plaza provides opportunities to gather, to dine at the various restaurants and nightclubs, and enjoy the night activities highlighted by the movie theater. The “Outdoor/Sports Fitness District” will provide a unique experience with major sports retailers, a fitness center, and a true outdoor experience, with water features, climbing walls, and skateboard parks.

Entrada North - Site A

Entrada North – Site A

entradanorth2 entradanorth1

1. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Traffic, yes, but the potential for increased diversity and economic growth is off the charts. I am a fan. Full disclosure: I am a Realtor at HomeSmart!

2. Because…we have so much excess water!

3. This is how little towns become a horrible place to live. To many cars on the road now!!!

4. The 5 freeway is awful to get out of here when heading to work, the roads are packed and always an accident. Last I heard, we are in a drought so why build more…. where are we going to put all these people, cars, and of course…. how long before a new schools.

5. Going to buy myself a Townhome facing Six Flags Magic Mountain and sit on my balcony watching the coasters all day and night… and you can bank on that!

6. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

For those seeking little towns (Santa Clarita is a medium sized city) I can suggest Lake Los Angeles! Private message me and I can guide you.

• Understand this we moved to Santa Clarita when it was small that’s why us old folks moved here . my family came to this area to get out of the valley. Its why my siblings and I were born and raises here.. I would never said a client to work with you on purchasing a home. You are highly offensive and so rude in everything you post

7. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Yes, diversity, Susie Hilton! Isn’t diversity a good thing?

8. Wayne Frost Wayne Frost says:

There goes my view.

9. Weighing in: We don’t want it. We don’t need it. Go away! Can’t believe how overgrown this town is. Too big for it’s britches. My great grandparents moved out this way over 60 year ago. They would be appalled if they were alive today.

10. Prettttty sure I recognize some of these same people asking/begging for a Cheesecake Factory.

• A cheesecake factory is a far cry from 20,000 new homes and an entire new mall/shopping center. Not to mention a cheesecake factory could be put in one of the many vacant buildings we already have.

• Screw Cheesecake Factory and the 85 page menu they host.

• Screw Cheesecake Factory and the 85 page menu they host.

• Cheesecake Factory execs disagree with you. They have very detailed business models which require specific levels of day time lunch traffic, community demographics and a central location.

It’s not as easy as “put it in a vacant building”. Their successful strategy is built around looking for locations that fit THEIR needs.

I just think it’s humorous that our community has an obsession with “progress” when it comes to popular restaurants but against the development that would eventually attract them. Just an observation.

11. We have empty buildings all over and they want to add more?!

12. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Yes, 60 years ago everything looked different. I looked very different 53 years ago! My great grandparents were born in the 1870’s and of course America looked very different, then. I personally love to witness the advancement of economic growth, ethnic and religious diversity, and greater educational opportunity for our youth. And neither I nor anyone I know uses the archaic term “Britches.” lol

13. Maybe this will give us more things to do (nightlife) for parents who don’t want to go to the valley to have a nice night out. This place is boring as heck because it’s all chain restaurants with little to no entertainment.

14. Kurt Buck Kurt Buck says:

I am already dying of old age sitting at the signals. Not to mention the water shortage.

• Lmao, seriously…between that and the entitled drivers who cut me off for a better poll position (as if that gets them to their destination quicker), I’m already about to go postal!

15. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Like I said, I cannot hide my excitement. I love the idea of ethnic and religious diversity, and, yes, that means people who are able to pay the prices. That also means people who are able to support local businesses (I am with you and all of the young people staying or returning, Sarah) and who can keep our school api scores high. In the end, I just love progress!

• I’m sorry but you have highly contradicted yourself in what you have written on these threads.. How does building this create diversity?? Also support the local business of the mom and pops shops..look around they are closing everywhere due to the shops at the mall or because the rent increases due to all the yuppies moving here from LA. Our city and our country (mainly california) has turned the middle to poor.. I use to rent a 2 bdrm for 1200 out here now your lucky to find one for 1850 now in the ghetto which all these apartments have dragged in the filth of the valley’s..we use to have open space relaxful driving now it’s stop and go every light. You use to find parking at the mall now ur lucky if valet has a spot.. And I think you attacking Susie and calling out her husbands work is very unprofessional and sort of childish. I don’t know either of you but felt I needed to say something.. Also if you are one of the haters against Hobby lobby , you speak of religious diversity than walk it don’t just preach it.. Hobby lobby is built on religious fundamentals and do amazingly across the country like how In n out was when started

• She sounds like a broken record!! Is that an archaic term as well??

• She sounds like a broken record!! Is that an archaic term as well??

16. thumbs down to the homes, thumbs up to more things to do in this boring place

17. Lynda Hill Lynda Hill says:

Disgusting!!!! All of that Beautiful open space and hills will be gone forever!!

18. Lynda Hill Lynda Hill says:

19. Well it sure looks different from 40 years ago. ..30…. 20… years ago. ..used to be folks had to go to the valley for a lot of services that they can get now in town…it’s a good thing…also there’s a lot of traffic to and from Palmdale that will jump off the fwys to shop…jobs…lots of jobs…

20. Well it sure looks different from 40 years ago. ..30…. 20… years ago. ..used to be folks had to go to the valley for a lot of services that they can get now in town…it’s a good thing…also there’s a lot of traffic to and from Palmdale that will jump off the fwys to shop…jobs…lots of jobs…

21. Mindy Behnke Mindy Behnke says:

Seriously? I think it’s time to rethink things.

22. Mindy Behnke Mindy Behnke says:

Seriously? I think it’s time to rethink things.

23. PL says:

you can have it!… think I’ll stay in WYOMING!

24. For those concerned about the water, there is no state water involved. They have independent sources already banked & groundwater that historically has be used for ag will be converted. There will also be a large reclamation plant that will provide up to 60% of water for common areas, landscaping, etc. (all non-potable)

25. For those concerned about the water, there is no state water involved. They have independent sources already banked & groundwater that historically has be used for ag will be converted. There will also be a large reclamation plant that will provide up to 60% of water for common areas, landscaping, etc. (all non-potable)

• L.A. Times has now reported that the state is looking at mandatory rationing. I was stationed in Central Valley of California, they would laugh at your comment since they are fighting for any water. Fields haven’t been planted up there, because they have been told, your not getting any extra water. If you’re talking about the local area, local news said 6 months of water…….. reclamation plant, if it’s not already here, where are they going to put it?

26. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Yes troll Susie you go on with your bad britches.

• Susie Hilton Susie Hilton says:

I’m not the one that used that word. But I remember your rant against Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. And about how you, as an attorney and realtor would never represent a “religious regressive.” Hopefully, for you, only YOUR narrow view of religious and economic growth takes place.

27. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Yes troll Susie you go on with your bad britches.

• Susie Hilton Susie Hilton says:

28. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Kathy Samuelson, please refer all of your friends to your relative. That is what we all hope for. My client base is decidedly highly educated, upper middle class, and religiously and ethnically diverse. There is room for all of the great agents out here!

29. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

30. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Love and light Susie! You are a true troll. Your lips to god’s ears!

31. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Love and light Susie! You are a true troll. Your lips to god’s ears!

32. Sandy Parkes Sandy Parkes says:

Before more large scale development within the Santa Clarita Valley, I would be interested in seeing the west side of Interstate 5 annexed into the City of Santa Clarita. The citizens of the entire valley deserve accessible, local government. They deserve a city hall 10 minutes away with responsive staff. They deserve their tax dollars to be spent 100% in their area. The county’s jurisdiction is simply too large. Water is a major concern as well no matter where they plan on obtaining it from.

33. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Touche, Susie. God bless. It’s time to stop, now. I am in favor of progress and diversity. If you are not, you are welcome to your opinion but I believe you are on the wrong side of the future of the SCv. You have said your peace. Please stop attacking me.

34. Stefano f says:

ummm isn’t traffic bad enough? What moron thought more people was a good idea?

35. Stefano f says:

Emily you sure do insult a lot for someone trying to get more clients. “Please call me.” Ah no thanks.

36. Tym Belanger Tym Belanger says:

Looking good. Can’t wait to see it finished

37. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Susie, shame on you for trolling and attacking me! Your husband is the pastor of an evangelical church in Canyon Country! Fellowship Christian Church. You should not be casting stones on facebook or anywhere, and particularly not from your Stratford townhouse.

38. How about a new bigger hospital first!

39. How about a new bigger hospital first!

40. Sunni Schaffer-Perkins here it is mom! The one from my work. Crazy

41. Thank you Newhall Land and Farm for NOT being concerned about quality of life in the Santa Clarita Valley. We can’t figure out where to dispose of our waste water current. Has anyone ever thought maybe it’s time to stop cramming more homes and people into this valley? Our resources can’t handle anymore. The quality of life of our current residence are at stake.

42. No more growth. Traffic, crime, water, homeless, schools, etc. Put the funds into what we already have here that needs upgrading or improvement. Don’t add to the problems, use some common sense this is not Awesome Town and never will be if it continues on the current path. just say’n

43. This is only the beginning! I attended several of the meetings to protest it! 20,000 more houses!

44. You might as well welcome it .. They are going to do it anyway

45. Gil Castro Gil Castro says:

30 minutes from Saugus to 14 freeway just to get to work. So glad I moved out of Santa Clarita. I loved my town, but not enough infrastructure to move people around. Just too many people, not the same as it once was.

46. Gil Castro Gil Castro says:

47. Jason says:

well, I can see why realtors like the idea but I don’t think school will ever stop building. I think Emily should move to city of LA if she wants to live in a big city, oh wait its too congested. Growth and diversity are fine but like anything in life , in moderation or in balance. This city has lost the balance along time ago and public service is trying to keep up (Henry Mayo). Quality of life, that to me is very important and every time this city builds more homes ( to the delight of realtors) it brings more congestion, polution and strain on public services.

48. Arguing with each other on FB is pointless. If you really care about this development either way, go to the meeting. The meeting will be held March 24 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Rancho Pico Junior High, 26250 W. Valencia Blvd.

49. Arguing with each other on FB is pointless. If you really care about this development either way, go to the meeting. The meeting will be held March 24 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Rancho Pico Junior High, 26250 W. Valencia Blvd.

50. Jason says:

well, I can see why realtors like the idea but I don’t think scv will ever stop building. I think Emily should move to city of LA if she wants to live in a big city, oh wait its too congested. Growth and diversity are fine but like anything in life , in moderation or in balance. This city has lost the balance along time ago and public service is trying to keep up (Henry Mayo). Quality of life, that to me is very important and every time this city builds more homes ( to the delight of realtors) it brings more congestion, polution and strain on public services.

• Jason says:

I guess they need a 2nd mall now since no one can enjoy town center 1 without having to wait for hours to find a parking spot or eat.

51. Suzi Staten Suzi Staten says:

Wow! Glad I moved out of the area almost ten years ago. Traffic was horrible back then, I can’t imagine what it is like now! Sandy Parkes, excellent point! The freeway annex is where money should be spent. Help people get in and out before adding over 20,000 more homes! What some people don’t seem to realize, is that 20,000 homes means more than 40,000 more people, as there are more than one person per home! People just don’t think!

52. Suzi Staten Suzi Staten says:

53. Todd Wimett Todd Wimett says:

Why does our city keep building? Water? We don’t have enough water now and they keep building.

54. Todd Wimett Todd Wimett says:

55. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

Well, thank you all for playing, especially the flamers who are so incredibly negative towards me (Salon Centric). I picked up a new client from this thread! Happy Friday!

56. Emily Ball Emily Ball says:

57. Bruce Dickenson says:

New hall has become the devil.
    First they sell off the golf course (Valencia golf)
    Then promise the residents a new one.(TPC)
    Then they turn it into a Private Golf course.
    Bottom line is New Hall is all about the
    bottom line.
    Good riddance.

58. I understand advancement and that cities grow. The problem here in the SCV is yes, build build build……but they cant or won’t advance the streets widen or whatever. So……just keep adding more and more homes, more and more buildings without a way to get around. The traffic is sooooo bad right now here. Why just keep complicating everything? If you have a large valley and you plan to develop that valley over X amount of years wouldn’t you have thought of the infrastructure first knowing you would need it later.

59. katie says:

No thank you, not in my town. There are more than enough vacant buildings now and no need for more housing and traffic … keep it small, keep it peaceful

60. Most of us moved out here because we didn’t want to live in the rat race of the Valley or bigger cities. We moved out here for a slower, calmer pace of life. We moved here to raise our kids in a smaller more close knit community. We didn’t move here for “the night life” or “the shopping” or “the fancy yuppy houses.” There’s a reason a lot of people that were born and/or raised here stay here and raise their kids here. If you want more to do, if you desire more of a night life, then you moved to the wrong place. If we don’t have what you want here, if we are “too slow” or “not exciting” enough, please move elsewhere so that you can find what it is you seek. This is my point in saying my great grandparents would be appalled. They moved out here to “get away” from the hectic pace of the overcrowded Valley. (And see, no need to offend anyone or call anyone names with my post). Have a lovely day every one. Enjoy the gorgeous weather.

61. Most of us moved out here because we didn’t want to live in the rat race of the Valley or bigger cities. We moved out here for a slower, calmer pace of life. We moved here to raise our kids in a smaller more close knit community. We didn’t move here for “the night life” or “the shopping” or “the fancy yuppy houses.” There’s a reason a lot of people that were born and/or raised here stay here and raise their kids here. If you want more to do, if you desire more of a night life, then you moved to the wrong place. If we don’t have what you want here, if we are “too slow” or “not exciting” enough, please move elsewhere so that you can find what it is you seek. This is my point in saying my great grandparents would be appalled. They moved out here to “get away” from the hectic pace of the overcrowded Valley. (And see, no need to offend anyone or call anyone names with my post). Have a lovely day every one. Enjoy the gorgeous weather.

62. Jeff says:

Emily I agree with you 100%. I love this idea. Time to expand and grow. As a developer, we spend diligent amount of time planning through each phase of construction. Our contractors pay close attention to water sources, energy supplies, and of course location. What people do not realize is that this city is going to grow whether they like it or not. Old timers if you can’t keep up with times then you will be left behind. Keep progressing SCV!!!!

63. Susie Evans says:

OMG….you are all forgetting this development is in the County of LA jurisdiction. The city of Santa Clarita can only voice their opinion. If you want to stop this you have to go to the LA County Board of Supervisors. In case you didn’t know, those homes will be right across the 126 from the DUMP that wants to expand and has horrendous smells coming from it constantly. The DUMP wants to expand and that means more trucks and fumes coming into this once beautiful valley, then add in those homes….VOICE YOUR OPINIONS TO LA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – MICHAEL ANTONOVICH if you didn’t know who represents this area.

64. Wally says:

Oh man they are really going through with it? I hope everyone really enjoys the Santa Clarita Valley. Because once this monster project is complete where going to spend most of our free time in this location due to traffic issues!

65. jimvs52 says:

The following rant is not directed at any single person or group; in fact it includes well-meaning people who have not done enough, and that includes me.

To all of you who think that the Newhall Ranch (owned by Lennar, a company not even in California) Project is a good thing, congratulations. You are absolutely in tune with the small but powerful elite in the SCV who will make money from it’s development. Not to mention the folks who will profit in smaller ways.

At the same time, remember that all of the development west of I5 is in LA County’s control; you also have Mike Antonovich to thank for your future gains.

As for the rest of us, including the Santa Clarita City Council and those commercial interests who have helped push development, it’s a bit more complicated.

Any city is concerned about revenue, and SC is no different. Adding commercial developments in the city’s tax area helps support local government and the things they can do for residents (parks, open space, repaving projects, etc). No part of the westside of I5 helps any of that.

At the same time, commercial interests are active in City politics and have a lot more power than we do – even if some of us are part of the very few who attend City Council meetings.

Traffic issues are real, and won’t get easier or better as development takes place. Caltrans isn’t going to be adding a lot of lanes to either I5 or SR14 any time soon.

The real issue is water.

The Castaic Lake Water Agency is quietly taking over all the local water agencies to ensure they have control over all water IN, and AVAILABLE to this valley. When the water from Central and Northern California is not available due to the continuing drought, where will they find the water to serve all of this continuing development?

From us. From the wells in the Santa Clara River bed. And eventually from reclaimed water from the Sanitation (Waste Water) District. That is the water that the Feds have said is illegal for the SCV to pass on down to the Ventura County Farmers due to it’s high salt content.

Who do you think is going to pay to make that water potable for Newhall Ranch?

We are.

The SCV is home to the last river not dammed or otherwise physically controlled in LA County. It is also home to over 250,000 residents, none of whom have ever been told that “their” water could be taken from them. Our water purveyors have never said anything to us about severe water restrictions, other than what the State has passed on in terms of “wise water usage”.

CLWA has agreed to provide water to the Newhall Ranch Project across I5 and possibly all the way to the Ventura County line. Since it owns Valencia Water Company, it can do that. It also owns Santa Clarita Water Co., and if the westside needs more water, it can take from SCWC and give it to VWC.

Ultimately, because we weren’t involved deeply in both City and County processes, the powerful and wealthy companies and individuals have been able to control the decisions that determine all our futures in the SCV. Many of them are good people; most probably are.

But do you think they were concerned about your future? Do you think that they stopped to consider what would happen if a long term drought hit Southern California?

No. And neither did we.

As for the future, and what we can do? I don’t know. There still may be time to raise a big enough fuss so that our City Council takes notice and begins to look beyond their noses in planning for a future that looks very different from what we have had in the past.

But, change is hard. And without a new and open minded Area 5 Supervisor it will be even harder. But I know one thing; if we don’t try, then we are all complicit in how things turn out.

66. Tammy says:

More stores and movies

67. Doug McKay says:

WHERE IS THE WATER COMING FROM TO SERVICE 1,150 HOMES?

• SCVNews.com says:

That is one of the questions that will have to be answered in the forthcoming EIR. It’s not yet at that stage in the process.

HH Jackson
Los Angeles County Assessor Jeff Prang announced a corroborative effort with County Public Health officials that will include free COVID-19 vaccinations, booster shots, and PCR testing at three District Offices on Monday Jan. 24, Wednesday Jan. 26 and Sunday Jan. 30.
Free COVID PCR Testing, Vaccines Offered at L.A. County Assessor Offices
1839 - Gov. Juan B. Alvarado gives most of SCV to Mexican Army Lt. Antonio del Valle. [story]
Diseno map
The Castaic Union School District is proud to announce that the Jene Fielder Trust Scholarship Program is now accepting applications. The program is open to past and present students of Castaic Middle School.
Castaic Union School District Announces Jene Fielder Trust Scholarship Program
The Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control will teams up with Best Friends Animal Society to encourage county residents to “Live Large” with Adopt a Big Dog Special Discounts for large dogs through Jan. 31.
L.A. County Animal Care & Control Offers Big Dog Adoption Discounts
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health confirmed Friday 65 additional deaths and 43,091 new cases of COVID-19 countywide, with 63,320 total cases in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Friday COVID Roundup: Additional COVID Death Reported at Henry Mayo
The William S. Hart Union High School District Governing Board unanimously approved the appointment of Dr. Gwendolyn Delgado as the newest assistant principal at Golden Valley High School.
Dr. Gwendolyn Delgado Named Newest Assistant Principal at Golden Valley High School
The Zonta Club of Santa Clarita is holding a "Yum-Raiser" for Valentine’s Day. Safely and easily send boxes of chocolate for delivery to your friends and family from See’s Candies.
Zonta Club of SCV Holds Online Sees Candies ‘Yum-Raiser’
A job fair will be held to recruit for a variety of positions at America’s Job Center of California for North Los Angeles County Regional Center on Thursday, Jan. 27 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Jan. 27 Job Recruitment Fair for North Los Angeles County Regional Center
A musical fundraiser to benefit the Saugus Dance program at Saugus High School will be held 8:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 22 at the Smokehouse on Main, 24255 Main St., Newhall, CA 91355.
Jan. 22: Dark Desert Highway, Smokehouse on Main Hosting Fundraiser for Saugus Dance
Starting Monday, Jan. 24, crews will begin construction of a new curb, gutter and sidewalk along portions of the east side of Sierra Highway, north of Soledad Canyon Road.
Lane, Road Closures Begin Monday for Sierra Highway Sidewalk Construction
The California High-Speed Rail Authority Board of Directors today unanimously approved the Final Environmental Impact Report/Environmental Impact Statement for the approximately 14-mile Burbank to Los Angeles project section.
High-Speed Rail Board Clears Final Environmental Hurdles to Advance Service into L.A.
Experience Helen Hunt Jackson’s January 23, 1882 visit to Rancho Camulos which inspired her to include this vestige of the Californio lifestyle as one of the settings for her novel Ramona. Reenactors will engage and delight you as they portray this event which forever changed the peaceful life at Rancho Camulos.
Jan. 29: Helen Hunt Jackson Returns to Rancho Camulos
1914 - Signal newspaper owner-editor Scott Newhall born in San Francisco [story]
Scott Newhall
Do you like comedy? Do you like music? Do you like getting root canals?
Impulse Hosting Comedy, Music Night
Coming off a first-place winning streak at competitions in New York and Washington, D.C., earlier in 2021, the CSUN Model United Nations team continues to accumulate achievements after scoring another first place finish with the Outstanding Delegation Award in the Northwest Model UN Conference, which took place Nov. 19-21 in Seattle.
Matadors Pull off Clean Sweep at Model UN Competitions
Freshman guard Monique Febles poured in a season-high 23 points as No. 6 College of the Canyons was able to outlast Antelope Valley College 68-62 at the Cougar Cage in the 2021-22 home opener.
Lady Cougars Hold off AVC in Home Opener
Evelyn Ku, MSN, RN, has been named Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital.
Evelyn Ku Named Henry Mayo’s VP, Chief Nursing Officer
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health confirmed Thursday 102 additional deaths and 42,115 new cases of COVID-19 countywide, with 62, 566 total cases in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Thursday COVID Roundup: SCV Cases Top 62,000
The California Department of Transportation has rescheduled the Friday, Jan. 21 - Monday, Jan. 24 closure of the eastbound Interstate 210 in Sylmar.
Caltrans Reschedules I-210 Weekend Closure
1993 - Hart High grad Dee Dee Myers (1979) becomes first female White House press secretary [story]
Dee Dee Myers
California State University, Northridge was given two honors from the National Opera Association, officials said Tuesday.
CSUN Productions Wins Honors From National Opera Association
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health confirmed Tuesday 59 additional deaths and 30,081 new cases of COVID-19 countywide, with 61,584 total cases in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Wednesday COVID Roundup: Positivity Rates in Schools See Decline
Harbor Group International, LLC and Azure Partners, LLC  announced earlier this month, their joint venture for the acquisition of Jefferson Vista Canyon, a 480-unit, Class A apartment community in Santa Clarita.
International Property Management Group Acquires Local Apartment Community