After the carols are sung and the gifts are opened, Waste Management encourages residents to recycle their trees through its curbside collection program and drop-off locations from Dec. 27 through Jan. 8.
Waste Management will collect trees from Santa Clarita residents on the customers’ scheduled collection day.
In addition, residents may drop off their tree during the same period (Dec. 27 through Jan. 8) at the following locations within the city:
– Waste Management’s Residential Drop Off Center: 25772 Springbrook Avenue, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Central Park: 27150 Bouquet Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91350
– Newhall Community Center: 22421 Market Street, Santa Clarita CA 91321
– Via Princessa Metrolink Station: 19201 Via Princessa, Santa Clarita, CA 91351
When placing trees curbside for collection, customers are asked to follow these guidelines:
– Remove all decorations, including tinsel, lights, ornaments and tree stands, and place your tree on the curb for recycling.
– If possible, please cut trees taller than six feet in half before placing them on the curb.
Additionally, single-family residences can place holiday trees at the curb on their regular collection day following Christmas. Multi-family property residents can place their trees adjacent to bins within their complex. The collection dates will be the same as above. As in previous years, trees left curbside – outside of a green waste cart – will be picked up, but service may be delayed based on available staffing.
Recycled trees are kept out of landfills and benefit the environment by being repurposed into soil amendment, compost or mulch. Help the city of Santa Clarita in the fight to recycle right this holiday season.
Residents are asked to check with their property manager if they are unsure about where to place their tree for collection.
REAL NAMES ONLY: All posters must use their real individual or business name. This applies equally to Twitter account holders who use a nickname.
You can be the first one to leave a comment.