SCVNews.com | Toddler Found in Pool Last Week Dies at Hospital | 08-29-2016
Fog
Fog

December 10
1941 - Three days after Pearl Harbor attack, 165th and 185th Infantry Regiments assigned to Saugus; Edison power substation guarded 24/7 [timeline]

jack

Courtesy of the Baby Jack’s Funeral Expenses Go Fund Me page.

The toddler who was taken to a local hospital after falling in a Canyon Country pool earlier this month reportedly died Monday morning, according to a GoFundMe account from the victim’s family.

The 19-month-old boy was found in unresponsive in a pool on August 22 and rushed to Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital.

The family started a GoFundMe account to raise funds for Jack’s funeral expenses and have raised $5,718 so far.

A message on the GoFundMe page read, “I am Jack’s mother Michelle, unfortunately my baby will be in God’s hand come Monday, August 29th. I believe I am making the right decision because I don’t want my baby living the way he is living now, he needs to be at peace with all his family up in heaven. This donation page was going to be for hospital bills but I want all of this money to go to my baby’s funeral, I want it to be perfect for him. I can’t thank you all enough for the love support and donations, you have no idea how much you all mean to my family and I, and my baby boy. I have such a great support system from family to friends to people I don’t even know, I love each and every one of you. Thank you again.”

1. Kimberly Lara 😩😭😭😭

2. My heart breaks for his family! Sending prayers of comfort and strength during this unimaginable time for the parents.

3. RIP and condolences to family, friends and loved ones.

4. Julie Martin Julie Martin says:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this. RIP little angel…

5. Scott Lynch Scott Lynch says:

Why no link to the gofundme page…

6. My heart is heavy 🙏

7. So sad my prayers are with the family

8. Jan Lentz Jan Lentz says:

🙏🏻 for the family

9. So very sad!!! Prayers and strength to his family!

10. So very, very sorry for your loss.😢🙏

11. Such an awful tragedy, prayers to the family! 🙏🏼

12. Anna Marie Anna Marie says:

Rest in Paradise Sweet baby Jack 💙✝💙

13. This breaks My heart 💔💔💔

14. So very sad – RIP little angel.

15. Nina Johnson Nina Johnson says:

Very sorry for your loss 🙏🏻

16. Cathy B says:

RIP, little angel. Prayers for the family & friends. There are no words for losing a child….I know too well 💔😢

17. So sorry for the family, I cannot imagine, prayers.

18. So sorry…my prayers are with the family for comfort and peace….it is sooooo rough, and saddened.

19. My prayers for this family. Unbearable tragedy :(

20. Ohhhhh so sad. Blessings and prayers for this family

21. 🙏🏼prayers for his parents and family .. So sorry😔

22. Judy Rich Judy Rich says:

Praying that God will comfort and healing to this family.
    I am so sorry.

23. Aida Peralta Aida Peralta says:

Holly Aispuro Robin Clayton Lisa Sanderson McWhorter he didnt make it. :( So sad.

24. My heart goes out to the family! Condolences and prayers to the family and friends!

25. Marleni Carranza Laura Alicia Gonzalez so sad :(

26. So very sad. Prayers to the family

27. Kim Martens Kim Martens says:

So so heartbreaking. Praying for his family. There’s comfort in knowing he’s in the arms of Jesus!

28. This happens a lot…mostly 2 year olds…a lot of boys…I learned about this when my friends 2 yo.son…near drowning…he managed to cling to life…sort of…but there are parts of the brain that don’t come back…I have always lived near water hazards…Miami and LA..I don’t recall as many drownings in Miami as I do in LA. ..maybe…more pools in LA. …I am so sorry…to family and loved ones…I have walked this walk with my friend…and saw many more @ Children’s hospital intensive care…mostly 2 yo boys…including our little guy…Garin. ..this is an accident…not an on purpose…forgive yourself…tall order I know…may God bless you on this journey…my friend was trying to set up HOPE…don’t know if it’s still around…34 years ago…Help Other People Endure…her name was Shari Blue…reach out…there are others who have gone thru this…

29. Thank you everyone, from the bottom of my family’s heart, for all your kind words, prayers and positive energy. Our family is shattered. Sending lots of love to you all. 💛

30. This is the worse thing that could ever happen,breaks my heart.💔💔💋

31. Karen Harris Karen Harris says:

May God be with you during this sad time. Heaven has just received another angel.

32. So sad! Prayers to the family 🙏🏼

33. So sad RIP and so sorry to s family.

34. My heart is broken for this family. Baby Jack, and the whole family have been in my prayers since the moment I saw the ambulance pass in front of me last Monday. I’m a mom to a 4 1/2 yo and 18 month old and can’t begin to imagine the pain they’re feeling. May God watch over baby Jack as well as the entire family and I pray that one day the family may find peace. From one mom to another, I’m sending huge hugs during this difficult time!! 😢

35. Beth Moore Beth Moore says:

Love and light to all

36. This is heart wrenching! Prayers for all involved!

37. So sad, praying for the family.

38. I’m so sorry! 🙏🏼

39. My prayers and thought are with the family.

40. So sad prayers for the Family💙

41. Nicky Handy Nicky Handy says:

RIP Baby Jack. Prayers 🙏🏻 💔

42. Lili Lara Lili Lara says:

So sad.prayers for the mother!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😢😢😢

43. I’m so sorry to hear about this news …my heart goes out to the family and especially the mother of this little boy 😢

Related Content
Friday, Dec 9, 2016
88-Year-Old Missing, LASD Asking for Help
Detectives from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Missing Person Detail are seeking the public’s help in locating 88-year-old Ruben Aritria Johnson.
Friday, Dec 9, 2016
Wilk Bill Aims to Send CEMEX through Public Appeals Process
Senator Scott Wilk, R-Antelope Valley, introduced Senate Bill 57 that would compel CEMEX to go through the state public appeals process if the federal government determines that CEMEX can move forward with its mega-mine in Soledad Canyon.
Friday, Dec 9, 2016
Dec. 12 – 16: CalTrans Set to Close Portions of I-5 near Magic Mountain Parkway
Stretches of Interstate 5 will be closed near Magic Mountain Parkway.

Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, Newhall County Water District board members are now facing a recall effort in what appears to be a retaliatory move due to recent merger discussions. Plus, Senator Scott Wilk introduced a bill that aims to take CEMEX through the public appeals process should the federal government allow it to move forward. Check out these stories and more tonight on SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Friday, December 9, 2016
88-Year-Old Missing, LASD Asking for Help
Join Santa Clarita Transit this holiday season for a festive tour of some of our city’s best displays of holiday décor. This December, Santa Clarita Transit will host a Holiday Light Tour on board our classic wood trolley and local Dial-A-Ride vehicles.
Dec. 16-17: City to Host Holiday Light Tour
Two men were charged with Attempted Human Trafficking of a Minor and Pandering of a Minor on Friday after they were arrested by Human Trafficking Bureau detectives.
Human Trafficking Task Force Nets Two Suspects Accused of Trafficking Minors
Continuing the push to rebuild and maintain California’s infrastructure, the California Transportation Commission has today allocated $236 million to 40 transportation projects that will alleviate traffic delays, repair aging roads and bridges and encourage bicycling and walking.
State Transportation Commission Funds $236 Million to Fix Traffic, Repair Roads
The city of Santa Clarita has been recognized by the High Desert Branch of the American Public Works Association with an award for “Best Improvement for Public Safety” for the Lost Canyon Road Bridge widening project.
Lost Canyon Bridge Widening Project Named Best Improvement for Public Safety
Wilk Bill Aims to Send CEMEX through Public Appeals Process
Enjoy cookies with Santa at NorthPark Community Church on December 18 from 2 - 4 p.m.
Dec. 18: Cookies with Santa at Northpark Community Church
Stretches of Interstate 5 will be closed near Magic Mountain Parkway.
Dec. 12 – 16: CalTrans Set to Close Portions of I-5 near Magic Mountain Parkway
On December 17 and 18 at the College of the Canyons Performing Arts Center, the Santa Clarita Ballet Company presents a community tradition, The Nutcracker.
Dec 17-18: COC PAC to Present The Nutcracker
It is a great time to purchase your 2017 sport fishing license.
The Time is Now to Buy Your Sport Fishing License
A bipartisan measure backed by Representative Steve Knight (CA-25) to bring drought relief to California passed the House of Representatives Thursday. With the bill’s passage, Congress is poised to deliver much-needed relief to the Golden State’s ongoing water crisis.
Drought Relief Measure Passes House
Next time you plan on donating to a charity make sure the money is going to the right cause and not into a crook's pocket.
Theives Targeting Good Samaritans in Charity Scam
Detectives from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Missing Person Detail are seeking the public's help in locating 62-year-old Peter Hamilton.
LASD Searching for Man Missing Since September
Up to the day of the election, most people I encountered repeatedly expressed being overly saturated with the campaign videos, the repetitious verbiage, the negative trouncing, polls, unrelenting television commercials, main-stream media’s biased reporting, mailers, political taking heads.
The Left’s Non-acceptance
Crime Information and Public Safety Report for Canyon Country (West )-Zone 7 for the week of November 21, 2016 - November 27, 2016
Crime Blotter: Thefts in Canyon Country West
Crime Information and Public Safety Report for Canyon Country-East for the week of November 21, 2016 - November 27, 2016
Crime Blotter: Burglaries in Canyon Country East
1983 - U.S. release of John Carpenter's "Christine;" blew up fake gas station in Valencia [watch scene (R)]
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, students at Peachland Elementary School will be enjoying new upgrades in their school. Plus, a new exhibit by the ArTree is coming to SCV. Check out these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Thursday, December 8, 2016
Newhall School officials celebrated the unveiling of millions of dollars in upgrades from Measure E at Peachland Elementary this week.
Peachland Elementary Unveils Improvements Funded by Measure E
Stay Green Inc. continued its award-winning ways this Fall, bringing home three Trophy Awards from the California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA) annual gala, in recognition of excellence in landscaping and maintenance, and one of the first place awards went to the company for "Medium HOA Maintenance: Milestone Community Association, Santa Clarita Valley".
Stay Green Earns Trio of State Awards
Valencia High School Choir will be hosting their 11th Annual Holiday Boutique on December 9 and 10, with items like holiday decor, gourmet foods, clothing, and childrens' items on sale.
Dec. 9, 10: VHS Choir Hosts Holiday Boutique
Returning to Main Street this Thursday, December 8, is one of Thursdays@Newhall’s favorite events, Note by Note.
Thursdays @ Newhall Brings Live Music to Main Street
California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris today announced that California, along with 42 other states and the District of Columbia, has reached a $19.5 million agreement with biopharmaceutical company Bristol-Myers Squibb over allegations that the company illegally marketed the popular atypical antipsychotic drug Abilify.
AG Harris, 42 Other Generals, D.C., Announce $19.5 Million Settlement with Pharmaceutical Company
The California State University Office of the Chancellor announced today that 17 of its 23 campuses have earned Integrated Program Grants from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to develop four-year teacher preparation programs.
CSU Garners New Grant Funding to  Expand Four-Year Teacher Preparation Programs
This holiday season, while you’re busy decorating, cooking, and wrapping gifts, remember to watch out for holiday temptations for your pets.
Tips to Keep Pets Safe from Holiday Hazards
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health--Public Health--offers these useful tips for keeping in good health and positive spirits during this holiday season. These tips provide simple yet powerful actions people can do to help make the holiday season healthier and more enjoyable.
Simple Tips for a Healthy Holiday Season
1941 - Julius Dietzmann family of Castaic arrested as German enemy aliens [story]
Enjoy the smooth sound of the Senior Center Silvertones and Musicians, under the direction of John Swinford, performing your favorite and most festive holiday tunes.
Dec. 22: Silvertone Holiday Concert Comes to SCV Senior Center
A family is mourning the loss of two people who died in separate incidents in November.
Family Mourns the Loss of Father, Daughter
The California Department of Water Resources has announced its initial water allocation to deliver 20 percent of contracted supplies for the State Water Project in 2017.
CLWA Announces 20 Percent Allocation for State Water Project
Trinity Classical Academy students will be performing Christmas songs for the Atria Senior Living residents on Wednesday.
Trinity Students to Perform Christmas Songs for Seniors
Santa Clarita's Encore Chorale, a nonprofit musical arts program for seniors, invites adults 55 and older to join the Spring 2017 semester.
Seniors Invited to Join SCV Encore Chorale
One-of-a-kind gifts, like this decorative tile by artist Cathy Akers, will be on sale at CalArts’ Holiday Pop-up Market.
Dec. 15: CalArts Hosts Holiday Pop-up Market