SCVNews.com | Toddler Found in Pool Last Week Dies at Hospital | 08-29-2016
Clear
Clear

April 26
1906 - Bobby Batugo, World Champion Mixologist in the 1970s, born in The Philippines [story]

jack

Courtesy of the Baby Jack’s Funeral Expenses Go Fund Me page.

The toddler who was taken to a local hospital after falling in a Canyon Country pool earlier this month reportedly died Monday morning, according to a GoFundMe account from the victim’s family.

The 19-month-old boy was found in unresponsive in a pool on August 22 and rushed to Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital.

The family started a GoFundMe account to raise funds for Jack’s funeral expenses and have raised $5,718 so far.

A message on the GoFundMe page read, “I am Jack’s mother Michelle, unfortunately my baby will be in God’s hand come Monday, August 29th. I believe I am making the right decision because I don’t want my baby living the way he is living now, he needs to be at peace with all his family up in heaven. This donation page was going to be for hospital bills but I want all of this money to go to my baby’s funeral, I want it to be perfect for him. I can’t thank you all enough for the love support and donations, you have no idea how much you all mean to my family and I, and my baby boy. I have such a great support system from family to friends to people I don’t even know, I love each and every one of you. Thank you again.”

1. Kimberly Lara 😩😭😭😭

2. My heart breaks for his family! Sending prayers of comfort and strength during this unimaginable time for the parents.

3. RIP and condolences to family, friends and loved ones.

4. Julie Martin Julie Martin says:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this. RIP little angel…

5. Scott Lynch Scott Lynch says:

Why no link to the gofundme page…

6. My heart is heavy 🙏

7. So sad my prayers are with the family

8. Jan Lentz Jan Lentz says:

🙏🏻 for the family

9. So very sad!!! Prayers and strength to his family!

10. So very, very sorry for your loss.😢🙏

11. Such an awful tragedy, prayers to the family! 🙏🏼

12. Anna Marie Anna Marie says:

Rest in Paradise Sweet baby Jack 💙✝💙

13. This breaks My heart 💔💔💔

14. So very sad – RIP little angel.

15. Nina Johnson Nina Johnson says:

Very sorry for your loss 🙏🏻

16. Cathy B says:

RIP, little angel. Prayers for the family & friends. There are no words for losing a child….I know too well 💔😢

17. So sorry for the family, I cannot imagine, prayers.

18. So sorry…my prayers are with the family for comfort and peace….it is sooooo rough, and saddened.

19. My prayers for this family. Unbearable tragedy :(

20. Ohhhhh so sad. Blessings and prayers for this family

21. 🙏🏼prayers for his parents and family .. So sorry😔

22. Judy Rich Judy Rich says:

Praying that God will comfort and healing to this family.
    I am so sorry.

23. Aida Peralta Aida Peralta says:

Holly Aispuro Robin Clayton Lisa Sanderson McWhorter he didnt make it. :( So sad.

24. My heart goes out to the family! Condolences and prayers to the family and friends!

25. Marleni Carranza Laura Alicia Gonzalez so sad :(

26. So very sad. Prayers to the family

27. Kim Martens Kim Martens says:

So so heartbreaking. Praying for his family. There’s comfort in knowing he’s in the arms of Jesus!

28. This happens a lot…mostly 2 year olds…a lot of boys…I learned about this when my friends 2 yo.son…near drowning…he managed to cling to life…sort of…but there are parts of the brain that don’t come back…I have always lived near water hazards…Miami and LA..I don’t recall as many drownings in Miami as I do in LA. ..maybe…more pools in LA. …I am so sorry…to family and loved ones…I have walked this walk with my friend…and saw many more @ Children’s hospital intensive care…mostly 2 yo boys…including our little guy…Garin. ..this is an accident…not an on purpose…forgive yourself…tall order I know…may God bless you on this journey…my friend was trying to set up HOPE…don’t know if it’s still around…34 years ago…Help Other People Endure…her name was Shari Blue…reach out…there are others who have gone thru this…

29. Thank you everyone, from the bottom of my family’s heart, for all your kind words, prayers and positive energy. Our family is shattered. Sending lots of love to you all. 💛

30. This is the worse thing that could ever happen,breaks my heart.💔💔💋

31. Karen Harris Karen Harris says:

May God be with you during this sad time. Heaven has just received another angel.

32. So sad! Prayers to the family 🙏🏼

33. So sad RIP and so sorry to s family.

34. My heart is broken for this family. Baby Jack, and the whole family have been in my prayers since the moment I saw the ambulance pass in front of me last Monday. I’m a mom to a 4 1/2 yo and 18 month old and can’t begin to imagine the pain they’re feeling. May God watch over baby Jack as well as the entire family and I pray that one day the family may find peace. From one mom to another, I’m sending huge hugs during this difficult time!! 😢

35. Beth Moore Beth Moore says:

Love and light to all

36. This is heart wrenching! Prayers for all involved!

37. So sad, praying for the family.

38. I’m so sorry! 🙏🏼

39. My prayers and thought are with the family.

40. So sad prayers for the Family💙

41. Nicky Handy Nicky Handy says:

RIP Baby Jack. Prayers 🙏🏻 💔

42. Lili Lara Lili Lara says:

So sad.prayers for the mother!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😢😢😢

43. I’m so sorry to hear about this news …my heart goes out to the family and especially the mother of this little boy 😢

Related Content
Wednesday, Apr 26, 2017
Knight, Brownley Renew Call to Honor Dam Victims
H.R. 2156, the Saint Francis Dam Disaster National Memorial Act, would create a national memorial at the site of the 1928 St. Francis Dam Disaster in the San Francisquito Canyon, which claimed the lives of 431 people. The memorial would be funded by private donations and would establish a 440 acre national monument encompassing the designated national memorial area that was devastated in the resulting flood.
Wednesday, Apr 26, 2017
SCV Sheriffs Need Public’s Help in Identifying Two Wanted for Questioning
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station needs the public's help in identifying individuals wanted for questioning about a theft that occurred at a Magic Mountain Parkway business.
Wednesday, Apr 26, 2017
Knight Renews Water Cleanup Efforts for Santa Clarita Valley
Representative Steve Knight (CA-25) introduced legislation on Tuesday that would assist efforts to provide clean water to areas like the Santa Clarita Valley that are effected by perchlorate contamination.

Knight, Brownley Renew Call to Honor Dam Victims
SCV Sheriffs Need Public’s Help in Identifying Two Wanted for Questioning
The annual Bag Sale, sponsored by the Friends of Santa Clarita Public Library, is back again this year.
May 6-12: Support the Library at the Spring Bag Sale
The LA County Board of Supervisors has proclaimed May 2nd as the “Day to Change Direction” for emotional well-being and has directed Jonathan Sherin, M.D. Ph.D., Director, LA County Department of Mental Health (LACDMH), to oversee a countywide discussion to advance a culture of awareness, understanding and dialogue around mental health issues and improve access to care for those living with a mental illness.
County Declares May 2 As ‘Day to Change Direction’
Tuesday, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) released a new report indicating a dramatic decline in the percentage of adults 18 to 64 years of age in the county without health insurance, from 28.5% (1.7 million adults) in 2011 to 11.7% (750,000 adults) in 2015.
Public Health Release New Report on Uninsured in LA County
Knight Renews Water Cleanup Efforts for Santa Clarita Valley
Tickets are now available online for Lunafest® 2017, a festival of short films by, for and about women, presented by Zonta Club of Santa Clarita Valley.
May 11: Zonta Club Hosting ‘Lunafest’ Short Film Festival
Residents are invited to view a series of art pieces based on images from the Old West at the “Western Stars and Historical Figures,” art exhibit on display now through August 18, 2017 at the Old Town Newhall Library Community Room.
‘Western Stars and Historical Figures’ Art Exhibit on Display
The College of the Canyons women’s soccer program invites girls in the first through eighth grades to participate in the 2017 Girls Soccer Camp, with two sessions running this summer.
COC Athletic Department to Host 2017 Girls Soccer Summer Camp
La Mesa Junior High, Sierra Vista Junior High and Golden Valley High School have been named 2016 California Honor Roll schools by the Educational Results Partnership (ERP) and the Campaign for Business and Education Excellence (CBEE).
Hart District Schools Earn ‘Honor Roll’ From Education Organizations
With the theme “Inside Every Woman is a Queen,” Sequoia School presented the biannual Young Women’s Conference at the Child and Family Center.
Queens Were Crowned at Sequoia’s Young Women’s Conference
Mission Valley Bancorp (OTCQX: MVLY) President and CEO Tamara Gurney announces year to date net income of $1,293,000 for the period ended March 31, 2017 – the strongest first quarter in the history of the company.
Mission Valley Bancorp Reports Record First Quarter Earnings
There are still a limited number of seats and sponsored tables available for this year's Man & Woman of the Year Recognition Dinner, scheduled for Friday, May 5, at the Valencia Hyatt Regency.
May 5: Man, Woman of the Year Recognition Dinner
College students might not realize that while they focus on taking notes during lectures, others may also be worrying about when their next shower, meal or opportunity to sleep in a bed will be.
CSUN Food Scarcity Discussion Aims to Break Stereotypes of Homeless Students
Attorney General Xavier Becerra joined a coalition of 16 Attorneys General on Wednesday in urging Congress to protect critical ozone air quality standards.
Becerra Opposing Federal Rollback of Air Quality Standards
The Hart Regiment is hosting the first Fiesta Fundraiser to raise funds for the Hart Regiment Band and Colorguard on Friday, May 5, 2017.
May 5: Hart Regiment Hosting a Fiesta Fundraiser
In a press conference held at the Henry Mayo Center on Tuesday, speakers including Henry Mayo Emergency Room Dr. Tracy Lawrence and Cary Quashen, executive director of Behavioral Health and Henry Mayo and director of Action Family Counseling, discuss the recent spike in drug overdoses across the Santa Clarita Valley.
Press Conf.: Officials Discuss Spike in Drug Overdoses (Video)
California State University, Northridge will confer honorary doctorates on financial journalist William C. Griffeth and substance-abuse educator Michael Watanabe, president and CEO of Asian American Drug Abuse Program (AADAP).
CSUN Giving Honorary Doctorates to Substance-Abuse Educator, Business News Anchor
Careless motorists as well as riders get special scrutiny as the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department aims to improve motorcycle safety.
LASD Looking to Improve Motorcycle Safety
The FDA is warning consumers to beware of products claiming to cure cancer on websites or social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram.
FDA Warns Consumers to Beware of Fake Cancer ‘Cures’
The College of the Canyons women’s volleyball program invites boys and girls ages 9-14 to participate in the 2017 COC Volleyball Camp, with two sessions running in July.
COC Athletics to Host 2017 Volleyball Summer Camp
America’s Job Center of California invites residents to connect with new employers, find a new career path or get back into the workforce by attending the Hiring Fest on Friday, April 28, 2017, from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at the College of the Canyons University Center, located at 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road.
April 28: Get Hired at the AJCC Hiring Fest
With warmer weather on the way, motorcycle riders will be gearing up and taking to California’s roadways.
CHP, OTS Promoting Motorcycle Safety Throughout May
California Attorney General Xavier Becerra today called out the U.S. Department of Education for abdicating its responsibility to millions of student loan borrowers and their families across the country.
A.G. Becerra Discusses Student Loan Serving Reforms
Senator Scott Wilk, R-Antelope Valley, Monday urged Governor Jerry Brown to reconsider his support of legislation hiking the gas tax and veto Senate Bill 1.
Wilk Urging Governor to Veto Transportation Legislation
The College of the Canyons men’s basketball program invites boys and girls ages 6 to 14 to participate in the 2017 Howard Fisher Cougar Basketball Camp, with two sessions running this summer.
COC Athletic Department to Host 2017 Cougar Basketball Summer Camp
Bridge to Home, SCV homeless service provider, gave a Humanitarian Award to Yaniv Rokah, Director of the internationally acclaimed documentary movie "Queen Mimi" at the Cowboy Breakfast Fundraiser in Newhall on Saturday.
Bridge to Home Gives Humanitarian Award to Film Director
Canyon Country Crime Information and Public Safety Report for the Week of April 10-16, 2017
Crime Blotter: Grand Theft Auto, Aggravated Assault in Canyon Country
1891 - President Benjamin Harrison stops at Saugus Depot, dines at Tolfree's Saugus Eating House [story]
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, we look back at the 2017 Cowboy Festival. Plus, the first Measure E bonds have been sold. Watch these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Monday, April 24, 2017
As part of National Volunteer Week, which runs from April 23 to 29, 2017, the city of Santa Clarita thanks the thousands of volunteers who dedicate their time and energy to the community.
City of Santa Clarita Thanks Volunteers during National Volunteer Week
Join HandsOn Santa Clarita for a night of poker, prizes, a silent auction and great food all while supporting this organization on Friday, May 5 at The Paseo Club.
May 5: Cinco de Mayo Charity Poker Tournament for HandsOn Santa Clarita
Last month (March 2017), Welcome to My Life won an NYICFF (New York Children's Film Festival) Audience Award for children (between 12 and 17 years old).
CalArts Animator Wins NYICFF Audience Award
Laura Zucker announced her plans to leave her position as Executive Director of the Los Angeles County Arts Commission on July 31, 2017.
LA County Arts Commission Exec. Director to Leave Position
The first bonds from Measure E, the Santa Clarita Community College District $230 million general obligation bonds approved by voters in June 2016, were sold on April 12, yielding $50 million to assist in funding a new parking structure at the college’s Valencia campus and two new buildings at its Canyon Country campus.
First Measure E Bonds Sold, Yield $50 Million