SCVNews.com | Toddler Found in Pool Last Week Dies at Hospital | 08-29-2016
Sunny
Sunny

March 23
1886 - Film director Robert N. Bradbury born in Washington state; launched John Wayne's career in Placerita Canyon [watch]

jack

Courtesy of the Baby Jack’s Funeral Expenses Go Fund Me page.

The toddler who was taken to a local hospital after falling in a Canyon Country pool earlier this month reportedly died Monday morning, according to a GoFundMe account from the victim’s family.

The 19-month-old boy was found in unresponsive in a pool on August 22 and rushed to Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital.

The family started a GoFundMe account to raise funds for Jack’s funeral expenses and have raised $5,718 so far.

A message on the GoFundMe page read, “I am Jack’s mother Michelle, unfortunately my baby will be in God’s hand come Monday, August 29th. I believe I am making the right decision because I don’t want my baby living the way he is living now, he needs to be at peace with all his family up in heaven. This donation page was going to be for hospital bills but I want all of this money to go to my baby’s funeral, I want it to be perfect for him. I can’t thank you all enough for the love support and donations, you have no idea how much you all mean to my family and I, and my baby boy. I have such a great support system from family to friends to people I don’t even know, I love each and every one of you. Thank you again.”

1. Kimberly Lara 😩😭😭😭

2. My heart breaks for his family! Sending prayers of comfort and strength during this unimaginable time for the parents.

3. RIP and condolences to family, friends and loved ones.

4. Julie Martin Julie Martin says:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this. RIP little angel…

5. Scott Lynch Scott Lynch says:

Why no link to the gofundme page…

6. My heart is heavy 🙏

7. So sad my prayers are with the family

8. Jan Lentz Jan Lentz says:

🙏🏻 for the family

9. So very sad!!! Prayers and strength to his family!

10. So very, very sorry for your loss.😢🙏

11. Such an awful tragedy, prayers to the family! 🙏🏼

12. Anna Marie Anna Marie says:

Rest in Paradise Sweet baby Jack 💙✝💙

13. This breaks My heart 💔💔💔

14. So very sad – RIP little angel.

15. Nina Johnson Nina Johnson says:

Very sorry for your loss 🙏🏻

16. Cathy B says:

RIP, little angel. Prayers for the family & friends. There are no words for losing a child….I know too well 💔😢

17. So sorry for the family, I cannot imagine, prayers.

18. So sorry…my prayers are with the family for comfort and peace….it is sooooo rough, and saddened.

19. My prayers for this family. Unbearable tragedy :(

20. Ohhhhh so sad. Blessings and prayers for this family

21. 🙏🏼prayers for his parents and family .. So sorry😔

22. Judy Rich Judy Rich says:

Praying that God will comfort and healing to this family.
    I am so sorry.

23. Aida Peralta Aida Peralta says:

Holly Aispuro Robin Clayton Lisa Sanderson McWhorter he didnt make it. :( So sad.

24. My heart goes out to the family! Condolences and prayers to the family and friends!

25. Marleni Carranza Laura Alicia Gonzalez so sad :(

26. So very sad. Prayers to the family

27. Kim Martens Kim Martens says:

So so heartbreaking. Praying for his family. There’s comfort in knowing he’s in the arms of Jesus!

28. This happens a lot…mostly 2 year olds…a lot of boys…I learned about this when my friends 2 yo.son…near drowning…he managed to cling to life…sort of…but there are parts of the brain that don’t come back…I have always lived near water hazards…Miami and LA..I don’t recall as many drownings in Miami as I do in LA. ..maybe…more pools in LA. …I am so sorry…to family and loved ones…I have walked this walk with my friend…and saw many more @ Children’s hospital intensive care…mostly 2 yo boys…including our little guy…Garin. ..this is an accident…not an on purpose…forgive yourself…tall order I know…may God bless you on this journey…my friend was trying to set up HOPE…don’t know if it’s still around…34 years ago…Help Other People Endure…her name was Shari Blue…reach out…there are others who have gone thru this…

29. Thank you everyone, from the bottom of my family’s heart, for all your kind words, prayers and positive energy. Our family is shattered. Sending lots of love to you all. 💛

30. This is the worse thing that could ever happen,breaks my heart.💔💔💋

31. Karen Harris Karen Harris says:

May God be with you during this sad time. Heaven has just received another angel.

32. So sad! Prayers to the family 🙏🏼

33. So sad RIP and so sorry to s family.

34. My heart is broken for this family. Baby Jack, and the whole family have been in my prayers since the moment I saw the ambulance pass in front of me last Monday. I’m a mom to a 4 1/2 yo and 18 month old and can’t begin to imagine the pain they’re feeling. May God watch over baby Jack as well as the entire family and I pray that one day the family may find peace. From one mom to another, I’m sending huge hugs during this difficult time!! 😢

35. Beth Moore Beth Moore says:

Love and light to all

36. This is heart wrenching! Prayers for all involved!

37. So sad, praying for the family.

38. I’m so sorry! 🙏🏼

39. My prayers and thought are with the family.

40. So sad prayers for the Family💙

41. Nicky Handy Nicky Handy says:

RIP Baby Jack. Prayers 🙏🏻 💔

42. Lili Lara Lili Lara says:

So sad.prayers for the mother!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😢😢😢

43. I’m so sorry to hear about this news …my heart goes out to the family and especially the mother of this little boy 😢

Related Content
Thursday, Mar 23, 2017
Castaic Man Accused of Domestic Violence, Murder Takes Plea Deal
A Castaic man accused of domestic violence and murder in a deadly attack against his wife pleaded guilty, an official with the District Attorney’s Office reported Thursday.
Thursday, Mar 23, 2017
Acosta Introduces Bill to Help Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses
Disabled veteran-owned businesses have had a $250,000 cap when bidding for California contracts through a streamlined bidding process, weakening their ability to compete with their big business counterparts.
Wednesday, Mar 22, 2017
Body Found Near Golden Valley in March ID’d
Medical examiners identified the remains of a woman found dead near Golden Valley Road in early March as a 26 year old Tarzana resident.

Castaic Man Accused of Domestic Violence, Murder Takes Plea Deal
NorthPark Community Church will be hosting a variety of events for the week leading up to Easter Sunday.
NorthPark Community Church Hosts Easter Events
Acosta Introduces Bill to Help Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses
The single-family home median price for the Santa Clarita Valley in February came in at $535,000, up 0.9 percent from 12 months ago and off 4.5 percent from January’s median of $560,000.
Single-Family Home Prices Rise Almost 1 Percent Compared to Last Year
Many flowers are pollinated by insects, so there is nothing unusual there for the poppies, which are indeed fertilized by insects. What is more unusual is the kind of insects that play an important part in doing this job. It seems the actual pollinator is...
Poppy Surprises | Commentary by Evelyne Vandersande
After a solid start to the year in closed escrow sales, low housing inventory, eroding affordability, and rising interest rates mildly pulled back pending sales on a year-over-year basis in February, the California Association of Realtors said Wednesday.
Calif. Realtors Report Weakest February in 3 Years
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, the reward for information leading to the suspect involved in the hit-and-run death of a 15 year old girl has been increased. Plus, job seekers can head out to this upcoming Hiring Fest. Watch these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Rio Norte students Emily Yago and Khara Bigham are semi-finalists in the National Scripps Spellebrity Video Contest.
Help Send Rio Norte Students to National Scripps Spelling Bee
The Castaic Union School District is seeking four new members for it’s Measure QS Citizens Oversight Committee.
Castaic USD Seeking New Members for Oversight Committee
No. 10 College of the Canyons split a home doubleheader with Riverside City College on Saturday, winning the first game 14-9 and falling 6-4 in the second affair.
No. 10 Canyons Splits Home Doubleheader with Riverside City College
Children spend too much time in front of a screen and too little time exploring nature and having in fun the great outdoors. That imbalance can contribute to bullying, illness, depression and attention deficits.
April 3: CSUN Lecture to Explore ‘How to Raise a Wild Child’
Body Found Near Golden Valley in March ID’d
Annual tuition for resident undergraduate students will increase by $270 and will generate $77.5 million in net revenue for student success initiatives including Graduation Initiative 2025.
CSU Trustees Approve Tuition Increase
Despite Trump’s lies, tens of millions will lose insurance, huge premium spikes will hit older and middle-class Americans hard, and low-income children and the disabled will have their health care taken away.
Trumpcare Fails | Commentary by Bryan Caforio
See what's coming from the Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Upcoming SCV Chamber of Commerce Events
Detectives from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s Missing Persons Detail are seeking the public’s assistance in locating John Wayne Kolb, a 74 year-old male, American Indian who was last heard from on Tuesday, January 31, 2017, when he spoke with out of town family.
LASD Seeking Public Help in Locating Missing 74-Year-Old
America’s Job Center of California will offer a Hiring Fest from 9 to 11 a.m. on Friday, March 31, as the culminating event to a month of workshops and classes designed to assist people in achieving their career goals.
March 31: March into the Workforce at Job Center’s Hiring Fest
College of the Canyons took a 3-0 first inning lead vs. Glendale College but allowed the Vaqueros to battle back, falling 7-4 to set up a three-way tie atop the Western State Conference (WSC), East Division standings.
Canyons Lets Early Lead Slip Away in 7-4 Loss to Glendale
The College of the Canyons men's and women's track & field teams finished first in a combined nine events at the Antelope Valley College Invitational on Friday, as the Cougars continue to perform at a high level in all areas of competition.
Canyons Track & Field Combines to Win Nine Events at AVC Invitational
The 78th installment of the 2017 Whitney Biennial opened to the public at the Whitney Museum in New York on Friday. The 63 artists, with a number of CalArtians counted among them, explore themes of self and the individual's place in a turbulent society.
CalArtians Featured in 2017 Whitney Biennial in New York
Daniel Jose Ruiz (MFA 07) will be reading from his debut novel, Coconut Versus, on Thursday, March 23 at 7:30 pm at Skylight Books in Los Feliz.
Former CalArts Student to Read Novel at Skylight Books
CalArts faculty and choreographer Rosanna Gamson will presented her dance-theater production Still/Restless this past Saturday at El Camino College in Torrance, Calif.
CalArts Faculty Member Hosts Performance at El Camino
FA 12) has a powerful show at the California African American Museum. Titled The Evanesced, the show opened on March 2 and is on view until June 25.
CalArts Grad Hosts Show at CAAM
Los Angeles-based documentary filmmaker Roxanne Frias visits CalArts on Thursday, March 16 for a screening of "Latino: The Changing Face of America," followed by a Q&A. Frias’ film examines the growth of Latino population in the U.S., and its impact on America's political, social, economic and cultural future.
Filmmaker Hosts Screening, Discussion at CalArts
On a night when The Master's University men's basketball team dug a hole too deep to climb out of, a historical turnaround came to an end in a heartbreaking 77-75 loss to Texas Wesleyan at the NAIA Division I Men's National Tournament in Municipal Auditorium.
Mustangs Eliminated By Rams
The Master’s University women’s track & field team competed at the Ross & Sharon Irwin Invitational Saturday, hosted by Point Loma Nazarene University.
Lady Mustang Track & Field Stampedes Ross & Sharon Irwin Invitational
On Saturday, The Master’s University men’s track & field team posted a number of qualifying marks at the Ross & Sharon Irwin Invitational for the 66th Annual Men’s Outdoor Track & Field National Championships from May 25-27 at the Mickey Miller Blackwell Stadium in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
TMU Men’s Track & Field Turns Heads at Ross & Sharon Irwin Invitational
Max Maitland's two-run single in the last of the sixth inning drove in the tying and go-ahead runs as The Master's University salvaged a doubleheader split with Biola Saturday afternoon at Lou Herwaldt Stadium.
Salvaging A Split
The Master’s University golf team placed 10th out of 18 teams with a collective score of 889 (296-297-296) at the Battle at Primm on the greens of the Primm Valley Golf Course.
Mustang Golf Battles At Primm
The Master’s University baseball team fell to Simpson University 7-5 Tuesday afternoon at Lou Herwaldt Stadium.
Red Hawks Fly Past Mustangs
The Henry Mayo Newhall Foundation has donated $8,000 to the Karden’s Garden School Garden Curriculum at Charles Helmers Elementary School.
Henry Mayo Newhall Foundation Donates to Helmers Garden Curriculum
The Master's University students Michael Sciarra and Bianca Cubello were recognized for their lasting impact in their respective sports at the 2017 Cliff Hamlow Champions of Character Award Ceremony among 18 Golden Sate Athletic Conference Student-Athletes.
Two TMU Athletes Honored at Character Award Ceremony
College of the Canyons competed in the Southern Californian Invitational at El Camino Country Club in Oceanside on Monday, finishing ninth in a field of 19 schools from across the region.
Canyons Competes at Southern California Invitational in Oceanside
1875 - Construction begins on San Fernando Railroad Tunnel [story]
The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the Canyon Country fatal hit-and-run of a 15 year old girl is now at $25,000.
Reward Increased for Information on Fatal Canyon Country Hit-and-Run