SCVNews.com | Toddler Found in Pool Last Week Dies at Hospital | 08-29-2016
Showers
Showers

January 23
1882 - Author Helen Hunt Jackson arrives at Rancho Camulos; inspiration for "Ramona" novel [story]

jack

Courtesy of the Baby Jack’s Funeral Expenses Go Fund Me page.

The toddler who was taken to a local hospital after falling in a Canyon Country pool earlier this month reportedly died Monday morning, according to a GoFundMe account from the victim’s family.

The 19-month-old boy was found in unresponsive in a pool on August 22 and rushed to Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital.

The family started a GoFundMe account to raise funds for Jack’s funeral expenses and have raised $5,718 so far.

A message on the GoFundMe page read, “I am Jack’s mother Michelle, unfortunately my baby will be in God’s hand come Monday, August 29th. I believe I am making the right decision because I don’t want my baby living the way he is living now, he needs to be at peace with all his family up in heaven. This donation page was going to be for hospital bills but I want all of this money to go to my baby’s funeral, I want it to be perfect for him. I can’t thank you all enough for the love support and donations, you have no idea how much you all mean to my family and I, and my baby boy. I have such a great support system from family to friends to people I don’t even know, I love each and every one of you. Thank you again.”

1. Kimberly Lara 😩😭😭😭

2. My heart breaks for his family! Sending prayers of comfort and strength during this unimaginable time for the parents.

3. RIP and condolences to family, friends and loved ones.

4. Julie Martin Julie Martin says:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this. RIP little angel…

5. Scott Lynch Scott Lynch says:

Why no link to the gofundme page…

6. My heart is heavy 🙏

7. So sad my prayers are with the family

8. Jan Lentz Jan Lentz says:

🙏🏻 for the family

9. So very sad!!! Prayers and strength to his family!

10. So very, very sorry for your loss.😢🙏

11. Such an awful tragedy, prayers to the family! 🙏🏼

12. Anna Marie Anna Marie says:

Rest in Paradise Sweet baby Jack 💙✝💙

13. This breaks My heart 💔💔💔

14. So very sad – RIP little angel.

15. Nina Johnson Nina Johnson says:

Very sorry for your loss 🙏🏻

16. Cathy B says:

RIP, little angel. Prayers for the family & friends. There are no words for losing a child….I know too well 💔😢

17. So sorry for the family, I cannot imagine, prayers.

18. So sorry…my prayers are with the family for comfort and peace….it is sooooo rough, and saddened.

19. My prayers for this family. Unbearable tragedy :(

20. Ohhhhh so sad. Blessings and prayers for this family

21. 🙏🏼prayers for his parents and family .. So sorry😔

22. Judy Rich Judy Rich says:

Praying that God will comfort and healing to this family.
    I am so sorry.

23. Aida Peralta Aida Peralta says:

Holly Aispuro Robin Clayton Lisa Sanderson McWhorter he didnt make it. :( So sad.

24. My heart goes out to the family! Condolences and prayers to the family and friends!

25. Marleni Carranza Laura Alicia Gonzalez so sad :(

26. So very sad. Prayers to the family

27. Kim Martens Kim Martens says:

So so heartbreaking. Praying for his family. There’s comfort in knowing he’s in the arms of Jesus!

28. This happens a lot…mostly 2 year olds…a lot of boys…I learned about this when my friends 2 yo.son…near drowning…he managed to cling to life…sort of…but there are parts of the brain that don’t come back…I have always lived near water hazards…Miami and LA..I don’t recall as many drownings in Miami as I do in LA. ..maybe…more pools in LA. …I am so sorry…to family and loved ones…I have walked this walk with my friend…and saw many more @ Children’s hospital intensive care…mostly 2 yo boys…including our little guy…Garin. ..this is an accident…not an on purpose…forgive yourself…tall order I know…may God bless you on this journey…my friend was trying to set up HOPE…don’t know if it’s still around…34 years ago…Help Other People Endure…her name was Shari Blue…reach out…there are others who have gone thru this…

29. Thank you everyone, from the bottom of my family’s heart, for all your kind words, prayers and positive energy. Our family is shattered. Sending lots of love to you all. 💛

30. This is the worse thing that could ever happen,breaks my heart.💔💔💋

31. Karen Harris Karen Harris says:

May God be with you during this sad time. Heaven has just received another angel.

32. So sad! Prayers to the family 🙏🏼

33. So sad RIP and so sorry to s family.

34. My heart is broken for this family. Baby Jack, and the whole family have been in my prayers since the moment I saw the ambulance pass in front of me last Monday. I’m a mom to a 4 1/2 yo and 18 month old and can’t begin to imagine the pain they’re feeling. May God watch over baby Jack as well as the entire family and I pray that one day the family may find peace. From one mom to another, I’m sending huge hugs during this difficult time!! 😢

35. Beth Moore Beth Moore says:

Love and light to all

36. This is heart wrenching! Prayers for all involved!

37. So sad, praying for the family.

38. I’m so sorry! 🙏🏼

39. My prayers and thought are with the family.

40. So sad prayers for the Family💙

41. Nicky Handy Nicky Handy says:

RIP Baby Jack. Prayers 🙏🏻 💔

42. Lili Lara Lili Lara says:

So sad.prayers for the mother!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😢😢😢

43. I’m so sorry to hear about this news …my heart goes out to the family and especially the mother of this little boy 😢

Related Content
Monday, Jan 23, 2017
Jan. 24: Informational Meeting Regarding Quagga Mussel
An informational meeting has been scheduled for January 24, 2017 to inform the public of the discovery of Quagga Mussel at Pyramid Lake and what is being done to stop the spread of it.
Monday, Jan 23, 2017
Local Coffee Shop Burglarized in Early Morning Window-Smashing
The recent window-smash burglaries plaguing the Santa Clarita Valley recently struck Honu Coffee in Newhall early Monday morning.
Monday, Jan 23, 2017
Jan. 25 – 27: Cold Weather Alert for SCV, Parts of L.A. County
The County Interim Health Officer is extending a Cold Weather Alert due to the National Weather Service’s forecast for low temperatures expected in parts of L.A. County, including the Santa Clarita Valley.

Jan. 24: Informational Meeting Regarding Quagga Mussel
The SoCalGas Advisory asks all customers to immediately reduce their natural gas use to help lower the risk of possible natural gas and electricity shortages.
SoCalGas Warning: Use Less Natural Gas Now
Sierra Bancorp recognized consolidated net income of $5.517 million for the fourth quarter of 2016, an increase of $1.588 million, or 40%, relative to the third quarter of 2016 due primarily to non-recurring income and lower one-time acquisition costs.
Sierra Bancorp Profits Up 40% on One-Time Gains
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, the winter storms that passed through the Santa Clarita Valley may be over and evacuated residents are able to go home, but there are still concerns about flooding and mudslides. Plus, a local coffee store was burglarized early Monday morning. Check out these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Monday, January 23, 2017
Santa Clarita Valley volunteers are planning to join in a countywide effort to count the local homeless population Tuesday night, and residents can still sign up to volunteer.
SCV Residents to Count Homeless Population Tuesday Night
Local Coffee Shop Burglarized in Early Morning Window-Smashing
The Rancho Camulos tradition to reenact Helen Hunt Jackons's 1883 visit that inspired her to make this California Rancho one of the settings for her novel "Ramona" is back again on January 28 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Jan. 28: Rancho Camulos Reenacts Historic Helen Hunt Jackson Visit
The Santa Clarita Public Library is bringing story-time home to families and children: residents can now listen to stories by dialing the library’s main phone line at (661) 259-0750 and dialing extension 4.
Santa Clarita Public Library Launches Dial-A-Story Program
Students from Academy of the Canyons Middle College High School (AOC), part of the William S. Hart Union High School District, will once again be participating in the bi-annual Project Linus Make a Blanket Day on Saturday, February 18, 2016, at the Westfield Valencia Town Center Mall.
AOC Students to be Part of Project Linus
Jan. 25 – 27: Cold Weather Alert for SCV, Parts of L.A. County
Thursday, January 26th is Paul Newman’s birthday and The Painted Turtle is celebrating the power of Paul and his legacy by brother Arthur Newman and his wife, Patty, matching every gift made in Paul's honor.
Painted Turtle Celebrating Paul Newman Birthday, Legacy
Quest Toastmasters of Santa Clarita is presenting a seminar called "It's Okay to be Different!" at the Valencia Public Library on Thursday, Feb. 23 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Feb. 23: Quest Toastmasters Present ‘It’s Okay to be Different’
LIMS (the Lifton Institute of Media Arts & Sciences) in association with the Santa Clarita-based 25Score Marketing Group is now accepting veterans’ applications for the intensive “VET 200” entertainment industry training program at the studio.
LIMS ‘VET 200’ Program Provides Vets a Golden Ticket to New Career
A recap of the end of the year and a sneak peek at new events coming to the Domestic Violence Center of Santa Clarita.
News from the Domestic Violence Center
Following a tradition dating back more than a century, Providence Health & Services will grant a total of $365,200 Tuesday to 17 San Fernando Valley area nonprofit groups that serve the homeless, the disabled, school children in low-income areas and other vulnerable populations.
Providence Partnering with Nonprofit Groups
The Hart School District and Balfor-Beatty, the contractor that built the Canyon High School Performing Arts Center, received a safety award from the Statewide Educational Wrap Up Program (SEWUP).
Hart District Receives Safety Award
As rainstorms hit the Santa Clarita Valley and L.A. County, it is important to continue planning and preparing for the increased potential of flooding, mudslides and debris run-off.
LACoFD Offers Tips for Flood Management
Feature films, TV and reality TV are currently being filmed in Santa Clarita this week.
Currently Filming in SCV: Fan Girl, Last Man on Earth, Fan Slam
1839 - Gov. Juan B. Alvarado gives most of SCV to Mexican Army Lt. Antonio del Valle [story]
Western music fans shouldn’t be terribly surprised if 2017 Cowboy Festival marks the last time they can catch the three-part harmonies of Sons of the San Joaquin in Santa Clarita.
Sons of the San Joaquin Release Final Album Ahead of 2017 Festival
1914 - Signal newspaper owner-editor Scott Newhall born in San Francisco [story]
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, an overnight and early morning storm caused flooding, downed trees, and accidents throughout SCV Friday. Plus, the sole victim of a plane crash in Lake Hughes has been identified. Watch these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Friday, January 20, 2017
News and views from College of the Canyons.
News from COC: The Bottom Line, Winter 2016/17
A series of storms is sweeping through Los Angeles County, with the final and strongest one predicted to affect the area late Saturday night through Monday. The combined rainfall totals for all three storms could be 3.00-6.00” for coastal and valley areas, with up to 9.00” possible in some foothill and mountain areas. Potential impacts include flash flooding and debris flows for recent burn areas, rock and mudslides along canyon roads, urban and small stream flooding, significant travel delays, isolated power outages, and dangerous driving conditions.
L.A. County Braces for a Series of Storms
Medical examiners identified a man whose body was found on Christmas Day near Agua Dulce.
Human Remains Found in Agua Dulce Identified
Parents and students will be offered information about healthy study habits and managing mental health at the William S. Hart Union High School District’s Parent and Student Empowerment (PASE) Information Night.
Hart District to Discuss Mental Health, Study Habits
Coroner’s officials identified the sole victim of a Lake Hughes plane crash Friday.
Plane Crash Victim Identified
10 Things to Expect at Thursdays @ Newhall
10 Things to Expect at Thursdays @ Newhall
On Tuesday, February 7 at 7:00 P.M, Trinity Classical Academy’s Speaker Series welcomes Dr. Hugh Ross, PhD, astronomer, best-selling author, and Founder of Reason To Believe.
Feb. 7: Trinity Classical Academy’s Speaker Series
The Board of Supervisors has appointed Dr. Christopher Rogers to the position of Acting Chief Medical Examiner-Coroner, effective Friday.
County Names New Chief Medical Examiner-Coroner
The California High-Speed Rail Authority will be hosting five community open house meetings in the Bakersfield to Palmdale Project Section starting next Saturday, January 28 in Rosamond.
California High-Speed Rail Authority to Host Public Meetings
Valencia High School students take honors at 2017 Socal Career Development Conference.
VHS Students Take Honors at Socal Career Development Conference
Princess Cruises received top honors in USA TODAY’s 10Best Readers’ Choice travel awards, being named “Best Ocean Cruise Line” after the cruise line was nominated by cruise industry experts and ultimately voted on by USA TODAY readers. In addition, Princess Cruises was recognized for “Best Cruise Ship Entertainment,” “Best Cruise Ship Dining” and “Best Cruise Ship for Families.”
Princess Cruises Named in USA TODAY’s 10Best Readers’ Choice
Assemblyman Dante Acosta, R-Santa Clarita, has announced his committee appointments including his selection to serve as Vice Chair of the Committee on Natural Resources.
Acosta Named to Several Committees
Two senior al-Qaida operatives were killed recently in separate U.S. airstrikes in Syria, Pentagon Press Secretary Peter Cook said in two statements.
Two al-Qaida Operatives Killed in Syria