SCVNews.com | Toddler Found in Pool Last Week Dies at Hospital | 08-29-2016
Sunny
Sunny

September 28
1918 - Box-office superstar William S. Hart promotes 4th series of Liberty Loan (World War I) bonds, which go on sale on this date [story]

jack

Courtesy of the Baby Jack’s Funeral Expenses Go Fund Me page.

The toddler who was taken to a local hospital after falling in a Canyon Country pool earlier this month reportedly died Monday morning, according to a GoFundMe account from the victim’s family.

The 19-month-old boy was found in unresponsive in a pool on August 22 and rushed to Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital.

The family started a GoFundMe account to raise funds for Jack’s funeral expenses and have raised $5,718 so far.

A message on the GoFundMe page read, “I am Jack’s mother Michelle, unfortunately my baby will be in God’s hand come Monday, August 29th. I believe I am making the right decision because I don’t want my baby living the way he is living now, he needs to be at peace with all his family up in heaven. This donation page was going to be for hospital bills but I want all of this money to go to my baby’s funeral, I want it to be perfect for him. I can’t thank you all enough for the love support and donations, you have no idea how much you all mean to my family and I, and my baby boy. I have such a great support system from family to friends to people I don’t even know, I love each and every one of you. Thank you again.”

1. Kimberly Lara 😩😭😭😭

2. My heart breaks for his family! Sending prayers of comfort and strength during this unimaginable time for the parents.

3. RIP and condolences to family, friends and loved ones.

4. Julie Martin Julie Martin says:

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this. RIP little angel…

5. Scott Lynch Scott Lynch says:

Why no link to the gofundme page…

6. My heart is heavy 🙏

7. So sad my prayers are with the family

8. Jan Lentz Jan Lentz says:

🙏🏻 for the family

9. So very sad!!! Prayers and strength to his family!

10. So very, very sorry for your loss.😢🙏

11. Such an awful tragedy, prayers to the family! 🙏🏼

12. Anna Marie Anna Marie says:

Rest in Paradise Sweet baby Jack 💙✝💙

13. This breaks My heart 💔💔💔

14. So very sad – RIP little angel.

15. Nina Johnson Nina Johnson says:

Very sorry for your loss 🙏🏻

16. Cathy B says:

RIP, little angel. Prayers for the family & friends. There are no words for losing a child….I know too well 💔😢

17. So sorry for the family, I cannot imagine, prayers.

18. So sorry…my prayers are with the family for comfort and peace….it is sooooo rough, and saddened.

19. My prayers for this family. Unbearable tragedy :(

20. Ohhhhh so sad. Blessings and prayers for this family

21. 🙏🏼prayers for his parents and family .. So sorry😔

22. Judy Rich Judy Rich says:

Praying that God will comfort and healing to this family.
    I am so sorry.

23. Aida Peralta Aida Peralta says:

Holly Aispuro Robin Clayton Lisa Sanderson McWhorter he didnt make it. :( So sad.

24. My heart goes out to the family! Condolences and prayers to the family and friends!

25. Marleni Carranza Laura Alicia Gonzalez so sad :(

26. So very sad. Prayers to the family

27. Kim Martens Kim Martens says:

So so heartbreaking. Praying for his family. There’s comfort in knowing he’s in the arms of Jesus!

28. This happens a lot…mostly 2 year olds…a lot of boys…I learned about this when my friends 2 yo.son…near drowning…he managed to cling to life…sort of…but there are parts of the brain that don’t come back…I have always lived near water hazards…Miami and LA..I don’t recall as many drownings in Miami as I do in LA. ..maybe…more pools in LA. …I am so sorry…to family and loved ones…I have walked this walk with my friend…and saw many more @ Children’s hospital intensive care…mostly 2 yo boys…including our little guy…Garin. ..this is an accident…not an on purpose…forgive yourself…tall order I know…may God bless you on this journey…my friend was trying to set up HOPE…don’t know if it’s still around…34 years ago…Help Other People Endure…her name was Shari Blue…reach out…there are others who have gone thru this…

29. Thank you everyone, from the bottom of my family’s heart, for all your kind words, prayers and positive energy. Our family is shattered. Sending lots of love to you all. 💛

30. This is the worse thing that could ever happen,breaks my heart.💔💔💋

31. Karen Harris Karen Harris says:

May God be with you during this sad time. Heaven has just received another angel.

32. So sad! Prayers to the family 🙏🏼

33. So sad RIP and so sorry to s family.

34. My heart is broken for this family. Baby Jack, and the whole family have been in my prayers since the moment I saw the ambulance pass in front of me last Monday. I’m a mom to a 4 1/2 yo and 18 month old and can’t begin to imagine the pain they’re feeling. May God watch over baby Jack as well as the entire family and I pray that one day the family may find peace. From one mom to another, I’m sending huge hugs during this difficult time!! 😢

35. Beth Moore Beth Moore says:

Love and light to all

36. This is heart wrenching! Prayers for all involved!

37. So sad, praying for the family.

38. I’m so sorry! 🙏🏼

39. My prayers and thought are with the family.

40. So sad prayers for the Family💙

41. Nicky Handy Nicky Handy says:

RIP Baby Jack. Prayers 🙏🏻 💔

42. Lili Lara Lili Lara says:

So sad.prayers for the mother!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😢😢😢

43. I’m so sorry to hear about this news …my heart goes out to the family and especially the mother of this little boy 😢

Related Content
Tuesday, Sep 27, 2016
County Awaits ‘All Clear’ to Fix Vasquez Canyon Road
After months of attempts to negotiate with a property owner of the hillside next to Vasquez Canyon Road, county officials are moving forward with the condemnation process in hopes making repairs.
Tuesday, Sep 27, 2016
Gov. Signs Pavley’s Crime Victim Restitution Bill
To end uncertainty in the collection of victim restitution from convicted offenders that resulted from public safety realignment, Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday signed a bill by Senator Fran Pavley that will both ensure restitution is collected from the accounts of county jail inmates and that funds aren’t double-collected from individuals on Post-Release Community Supervision.
Tuesday, Sep 27, 2016
Around the 25th District with Rep. Steve Knight
A recap of some of the things that have been happening around U.S. Rep. Steve Knight's 25th Congressional District.

The Santa Clarita Homeless Coalition presents SCV CARES – a community event to bring homeless awareness and resources to the Santa Clarita Valley.
Oct. 15: Homeless Resources, Awareness Event at Real Life Church
The Saugus Union School District today announced the appointment of Nick Heinlein to the position of Assistant Superintendent, Business. Mr. Heinlein comes to the Saugus District from a similar position with the Tehachapi Unified School District, Tehachapi and will officially join the district on Tuesday, Oct. 4.
Saugus School District Names New Asst. Superintendent for Business
For the second week in a row, a member from The Master’s University has been named the GSAC Men’s Soccer Offensive Player of the Week award as Benjamin Tembo earned the honor after scoring the game-winning, sudden-victory goal in last Tuesday's 1-0 thriller over No. 8 Vanguard.
TMU Soccer’s Tembo is GSAC Offensive Player of Week
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, the county awaits "all clear" to fix Vasquez Canyon Road. Plus, some quick tips on how to register to vote in honor of National Voter Registration Day. Check out these stories and more on tonight's edition of SCV NewsBreak.
SCV NewsBreak for Tuesday, September 27, 2016
State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson thanked Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday for signing legislation requiring schools that serve students from grades 7 to 12 to adopt suicide prevention policies.
State Requires Suicide Prevention Policies for 7-12 Schools
The College of the Canyons Athletics department is inviting all players, coaches and cheerleaders associated with a Santa Clarita Valley youth sports league or cheer organization to attend Saturday’s Cougar football game free of charge.
COC Football Saturday: Free Entry for Youth Sports Players, Cheer, Coaches
The Trinity Knights Varsity Football (3-1), led by Coach Les Robinson, will play host to the Santa Clarita Christian Cardinals (0-4) this Saturday, October 1 at 7 p.m. as they battle it out to claim the title of Faith Bowl Champion 2016.
Crosstown Showdown Oct. 1: Trinity vs. SCCS in 2nd Annual Faith Bowl
Santa Clarita-based BioSolar Inc., a developer of breakthrough energy storage technology and materials, announced it has initiated a new program for the development of a high energy anode for current and next generation lithium batteries.
SCV Firm Developing High-Energy Battery Anode
County Awaits ‘All Clear’ to Fix Vasquez Canyon Road
The Santa Clarita Valley Economic Development Corp. received a Gold Excellence in Economic Development Award on Tuesday for its 2016 "Still Golden" campaign project in the category of Special Purpose Print Brochure from the International Economic Development Council.
Peers Say SCV Economic Development Corp. is Pure Gold
The annual Fight It race raises thousands of dollars to help young professionals across The United States battling cancer by providing financial assistance.
Oct. 8: 5K Race is On for Brenda Mehling Cancer Fund
Drawing is seeing. Recognizing the lines and shapes of objects around us, we can learn to draw what we see and advance our drawing skills. Join the ARTree for a beginner-level class in drawing with a highly experienced educator and artist.
New ARTree Class: Basic Drawing for Kids; more
"Startup Weekend SCV 2016" is going to help aspiring entrepreneurs grow their startup from an idea to a business in 54 hours.
Nov. 4: Local Entrepreneurs Have Opportunity to Test Out Startup Ideas
Noah's Park Preschool is hosting the 3rd annual Trunk-or-Treat on Friday, October 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Oct. 21: Trunk-or-Treat Returns to Noah’s Park Preschool
Gov. Signs Pavley’s Crime Victim Restitution Bill
A unique Fall Festival that showcases food, interactive art and family entertainment while offering an opportunity to meet and learn from people with developmental disabilities will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 15, at the idyllic seven acre Tierra Del Sol Sunland campus.
Oct. 15: Tierra Del Sol Festival to Showcase Talents of Special Adults
Around the 25th District with Rep. Steve Knight
Social justice warriors at the University of Kansas screamed obscenities at white students who didn’t feel the need for "safe spaces." Imagine that. The self-proclaimed warriors of civility and equality respond to what was supposed to be an open conversation by shouting them down, using foul language, and screaming in the faces of students with a different viewpoint.
The Safe Spacers
2014 - Towsley Canyon Loop Trail named for naturalist Don Mullally [story]
"Instead of arresting and stigmatizing young child sex trafficking victims, law enforcement will now play a critical role in helping these girls get the support and treatment they need to escape life on the streets," Supervisor Don Knabe said.
Knabe Praises Brown for Decriminalizing Prostitution for Minors
Tonight on SCV NewsBreak, the Valencia Ice Station ATM is stolen and Golden Valley High School students learn about preventing domestic violence. Plus, Be the Light 5k and a woman fights an aggressive form of cancer.
SCV NewsBreak for Monday, September 26, 2016
More than 4,000 students and their families attended William S. Hart Union High School District’s 6th Annual College & Career Fair at Golden Valley High School Thursday evening.
Thousands Attend Hart District College, Career Fair
After battling through a pair of five-set victories against Biola University and Vanguard University last week, The Master’s University’s Allison Child has been named the GSAC’s Attacker of the Week while Kayla Sims was pegged as the conference’s Setter of the Week.
Volleyball: 2 Lady Mustangs Earn Weekly Conference Kudos
TMU’s 2016 record improved to 12-5 and 5-1 in Golden State Athletic Conference play following Saturday’s victory. Notably, the Lady Mustangs currently sit one match behind conference-leader and No. 3 nationally ranked Westmont College 17-0 (6-0).
Volleyball: Lady Mustangs Tame Lions in 5 Sets
Author Maggie Nelson, chair of the MFA Creative Writing Program at CalArts, on Sept. 22 was named a 2016 MacArthur Fellow — more commonly known as the MacArthur “genius” grants. She joins 22 other fellows who receive a no-strings-attached $625,000 award for their creativity and the potential for future contributions to their chosen fields.
CalArts’ Creative Writing Chair Wins MacArthur ‘Genius’ Grant
The Herb Alpert School of Music at CalArts kicks off this year’s Wild Beast Concert Series on Saturday, Oct. 1, with "We Are Birds: An Evening of Bird Singing from Native Southern California."
Oct. 1: CalArts Wild Beast Series Kicks Off with Native SoCal Birdsinging
The animated film featuring the story of 91-year-old Holocaust survivor Lidia Budgor, created by a group of College of the Canyons students, will be the main focus of the COC Student Gallery’s inaugural exhibit, which opens Friday, Sept. 30, in the Valencia campus library.
COC Library’s New Student Gallery to Feature Holocaust Survivor Story
Over 300 male student athletes at Golden Valley High School attended a presentation from the Domestic Violence Center of Santa Clarita on violence against women and girls and how it can be prevented.
Golden Valley Boys Hear Presentation on Domestic Violence
This month’s Hiring Fest on Friday, Sept. 30, will feature employers from the manufacturing field. It will be held at the College of the Canyons University Center, 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road.
Sept. 30: Manufacturing Jobs Up for Grabs
The Los Angeles County Superior Court is currently seeking qualified citizens who are interested in applying for the 2017-2018 Los Angeles County Civil Grand Jury.
Superior Court Taking Names for Civil Grand Jury
The City of Santa Clarita has received the Certificate of Excellence Award from the Association of Public Treasurers of United States and Canada for its Fiscal Year 2016-17 Investment Policy and the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for Fiscal Year 2014-15.
City Wins Awards for Investment Policy, Financial Reporting
Residents of all ages are invited to become astronomers and engineers for a day while attending Astronomy Day 2016 on Saturday, Oct. 8, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This free event is being sponsored by the Santa Clarita Public Library in partnership with The Local Group Astronomy Club of Santa Clarita. In addition to the day’s events, a special night sky viewing will be held at 7 p.m.
Oct. 8: Be an Astronomer for a Day
A group of burglars drove a pickup truck through the glass front doors of the Valencia Ice Station and stole the business’ ATM, while the business was closed Sunday.
Burglars Run Truck Through Valencia Ice Station for ATM Machine
See what's coming from the Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce.
SCV Chamber This Week (9-26-2016)
Canyon Country (West) Crime Report for the week of 09/11/16- 09/17/16