Rebuilding lives after a disaster can be challenging, and Santa Clarita city officials urge residents to take the time to collect, organize and secure critical personal records, to ensure they will have the documentation needed if and when an emergency strikes.
Having immediate access to personal, financial, insurance, medical and other records is important for a quick recovery process.
Here are some helpful tips:
1. Gather financial and critical personal, household and medical information.
2. Keep a small amount of cash in a safe place. ATMs and credit cards may not work during a disaster when you may need to buy necessary supplies.
3. Review existing policies for the amount and extent of coverage.
4. Important household identification includes:
* A photo ID
* Birth certificate
* Social security card
* Military service
* Marriage certificate
5. Important financial and legal documentation includes:
* Housing payments
* Insurance policies
* Tax statements
6. Important medical information includes:
* Immunization records
* Copies of health insurance information
* Physical information to provide doctor with health information
Receive Emergency Updates
Subscribe to receive emergency notifications via email or text message by filling out an online form or by texting SCEMERGENCY to 888777.
For any additional information, contact the city.