The Santa Clarita Community College District Board of Trustees will meet for a special joint meeting with the William S. Hart Union High School District Wednesday, Sept. 27, at 7 p.m.
The meeting will take place on the Canyon Country Campus, which is located at 17200 Sierra Highway, in the Student Services and Learning Resource Center – TLC, 3rd Floor 1.
This will be an in-person meeting with the ability to view the meeting virtually.
To live stream meeting, copy and paste link into browser:
Webinar ID: 876-1942-1117
The William S. Hart Union High School District and the Santa Clarita Community College District share a strong partnership with a history of supporting dual and concurrent enrollment opportunities for the students of the Santa Clarita Valley. An update on the iCAN (Canyons Academy North) at Castaic High School and Academy of the Canyons is on the agenda.
The full agenda can be found [here].
Consistent with the Brown Act, the above-noticed meeting of the SCCCD Board of Trustees shall take place as follows:
1. PUBLIC: Members the public may view the meeting using the Zoom link for livestreaming purposes.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT: Members of the public wishing to provide public comment on closed session items, open session items, and those items NOT on the agenda that are within the jurisdiction of the Board of Trustees, may do so in-person at the location noted above. Forms for “requests to speak” will be available for the public to fill out.
3. WRITTEN PUBLIC COMMENT: Members of the public wishing to provide written comments may do so by submitting them to email@example.com.
The District will NO LONGER read emailed public comments aloud during the meeting. Emails sent to us before the meeting will be forwarded to the Trustees for their review and consideration.
4. ATTENDING VIRTUALLY: In addition to the public’s option to attend in-person at the location noted above, members of the public may attend virtually and are welcome to do so. At this time, while members of the public exercising this option are permitted to attend and observe, public participation remains subject to the in-person and written comments provisions above. Staff, attorneys, or contracted experts invited by the Board to attend may both attend and participate virtually.
• Board Policy 2350 limits each speaker to THREE (3) MINUTES per subject and the total time per subject to TWENTY (20) MINUTES.
• Board members are prohibited by the Brown Act from responding to comments made regarding topics NOT on the official agenda.
• Submissions of public comments will be considered a public record under the Public Records Act and are therefore subject to public disclosure.
For further guidance, you may refer to BP 2345, BP 2350, and BP 2355. Board Policies are available at [here].
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS: For any accommodations, please contact SCCCD Board of Trustees Administrative Assistant at (661) 362-3400 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.