The Canyon Country Community Center invites members of the community to kick-start the New Year with entertaining exercise classes.
Many classes are focused around the center’s SMART ProTrainer Interactive Wall.
The computerized interactive wall has a variety of illuminated targets that are triggered by striking them with a hand, foot, ball, or bean bag to create a fun environment that combines brain fitness with body fitness.
From low impact to cardio classes, there’s something for all ages and abilities at the following events:
· Preschool Fitness Fun – From 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Wednesdays, kiddos ages 3 to 5 can enjoy a morning of fun with the SMART ProTrainer Interactive Wall. Preschoolers will discover the fun of fitness, while learning to make decisions, problem solve and be active! Cost is $5 per class.
· Cardio Kidz – On Saturdays, from 11:00 to 11:45 a.m., children will stretch and strengthen their bodies through a variety of fun, high-energy activities. The SMART ProTrainer Interactive Wall will be used to enhance speed and reaction time in various activities. Cardio Kidz is for children ages 5 to 12. Be sure to bring water and wear closed-toe shoes. Cost is $5 per class.
· POUND Rockout Workout – For anyone 13 years or older, this full body cardio jam session fuses cardio, pilates and plyometrics. Burn between 600 and 900 calories per hour, strengthen and sculpt muscles and ‘pound’ your way to a leaner, slimmer physique – all while rocking out to your favorite music. Please bring yoga mat and water. Cost is $60 for eight weeks (Monday or Wednesday from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.) or a drop-in fee of $10 per class.
· SMART Fitness Circuit – Another option for those 13 years and older to burn some calories! This hour-long class combines strength training, explosive plyometrics and speed training, while using the SMART ProTrainer Interactive Wall. Each exercise option will have modifications for various fitness levels. This class is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Cost is $5 per class.
· Low Impact Aerobics – From 8:45 to 9:45 a.m., this eight-week adult class is fun and allows participants to go at their own pace. This class will make you feel great, while obtaining cardiovascular fitness and a firm body. Abdominal and leg work will be included. Be sure to wear athletic shoes, bring an exercise mat, as well as 3-5 lb. hand weights. The cost is $56 for eight weeks (Wednesdays and Fridays) or a drop-in fee of $7 per class.
· STAR Club SMART ProTrainer Circuit – This 45-minute class is designed for adults with special needs. The class combines mild strength training while using the SMART ProTrainer Interactive Wall. Each exercise option will have modifications for various fitness levels. Caregiver attendance is required at no additional cost. This class is available on Mondays from 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. for $5 per class.
The Canyon Country Community Center is located at 18792 Flying Tiger Drive. For more information about all of these events, including registration, please contact the Canyon Country Community Center at (661) 290-2266 or visit santa-clarita.com/cccc.